Leeds Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The foul was never sending off. I was very pleased with team on Saturday, superb, showed strength in midfield and even Kisnobbo was good. Decent atmosphere aswell. How I love winding up dirty fecking Leeds fans.

Just seen it again and the first shirt tug was some ten metres from the edge of the box. Why wait until they get in the box to penalise McCarthy. :icon_ques :017: :question: :107: :107:

Last edited:
Steven said:
Just seen it again and the first shirt tug was some ten metres from the edge of the box. Why wait until they get in the box to penalise McCarthy. :icon_ques :017: :question: :107: :107:

Well, I feel McCarthy was at fault regularess he had a couple of chances to get rid of that ball.

Steven said:

My point entirely steven, why was it only a foul inside the box??

Also how does that compare to the foul on o'grady, his shirt was pulled considerably more, albeit in a less direct position to shoot than hulse was. Still crap though, as for sending mccarthy or kisnorbo off, whichever the ref thinks he saw making the foul, it was totally OTT,

penalty = harsh

penalty + sending off = simply crap.

Steven said:

Why not?

The ref is perfectly within his rights to play advantage in that situation. If McCarthy didn't want to concede a penalty he should have stopped fouling him before going into the area.

While I agree the ref yesterday was awful, we shouldn't blame him for the faults of our players.

Late post I know, but only post from work.

Taking everything in to account I thought the performance on Saturday says more about the team's current attitude than even some of the recent wins. It was gritty, it was tough, against in form opponents. With 10 men they kept trying to go forward, they were so determined and could have won it with a little luck and a perhaps a little more composure. IMO.

It was everything we havent been in so many of our earlier home matches. Hume was a dynamo and a constant threat. I am dead chuffed and proud of their performance.

so for those who went :icon_cry: would you say it was our best performance of the season :102:

Its only my opinion YV, but for me it was the best because we had to dig so deep to match them. The character and the commitment were the best I have seen this season, they were so determined not to give it up. We may have played some better football on occasions, but we tried hard to play today and we looked threatening when we went at them.

Sometimes its what just floats your boat when measruring performance, for me its attitude and determination.

Whereas for my wife its me lasting longer than 2 miniutes and not spilling her drink or losing her page.

Last edited:
I'd echo entirely Chucks last two posts. Apart from the bit about his Mrs.

I would also add that we still tried to play footy with 10 men and nick a winner instead of just getting everybody behind the ball to grind out the draw. One of my mate's brother in law was at the game and is a Leeds fan. He thought they were lucky to hold on.

Hughes nearly scored the goal of the season. Joey should take some tips on shooting outside the box from him!

Last edited:
:sun: YES! HUME! :038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673