Pre Match Leeds v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to kid myself that I can watch tonight's game with some kind of objective interest (as I am genuinely interested in watching this Leeds team and their style of play) However, I fear it won't happen; I've too much invested emotionally in us winning - well, not being beaten actually. So I'm trying to add another objective interest to hopefully outweigh my emotive response. That is, seeing what Rodgers does with us; selection, shape and tactics.

Anyone see a flaw in my thinking?

****ing loved this game. Didn't we win 4-0 or something. I was in the Carling stand and Lilian Nalis was my daughters first footballer crush.

****ing loved this game. Didn't we win 4-0 or something. I was in the Carling stand and Lilian Nalis was my daughters first footballer crush.
Watch the fanzine clip near the start of the thread...

Nalis's strike was the kind that could go anywhere (ditto Mahrez's v us earlier this season) Sure, they're attempting to score and the technique to actually get it right is impressive but it's the kind of thing that if it ended up in the famous 'row z' then everyone would just chuckle. Like with Madison's effort whenever recently.

Looks ****ing amazing though if it does come off!

The most notable thing here for me is how we've 'got away with' a back three from an offensive perspective. We have an extraordinary and unsustainable conversion rate.

We also have Jamie Vardy. I wonder if the two things are connected.

"Unsustainable conversion rate" sounds a bit like that xG stuff. Do you think you're tending to overthink things? Why don't you just sit back and enjoy the match?

Hoping to enjoy the game.
If Evans is 95% fit then i can see us doing well. If he's patched up we could be in trouble.
I hear the 2 v 3 centre backs debate, but for me it's who we can field at full back. Albrighton or Thomas are a step too far v a form side so i'd go back four so that we can put Justin and Fuchs at RB and LB.
I've also changed minds on the Iheanacho front.....

Schmeichel
Justin Fofana Evans Fuchs
Mendy Tielemans
Praet Maddison Barnes
Vardy

It's Quiz Time.

Since Oct 2010, City have scored 11 goals against Leeds in all competitions. All scorers were different players, and there were no own goals.

Who got those goals?

Clues - two current players, two home grown players, and two loanees are in there.

Panayatou
King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861