Pre Match Leeds v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Referee: Darren England.
Assistants: Gary Beswick, Dan Robathan.
Fourth official: Robert Jones.
VAR: Peter Bankes.
Assistant VAR: Neil Davies.

It will be interesting to see if Soumare is dropped for this game. In general his performances have been good, but he has been the chief culprit in a few instances of poor tracking back that have resulted in goals conceded and points lost. The rest of the defence didn't exactly cover themselves in glory either with the Moscow goal as they all stood there ball watching..

It was good to hear Brendan moaning about some people maybe not working hard enough because IMO you can see that in the performances, we tend to press aggressively from the front and then after that the pressing from midfield is very half arsed/ stand off-ish. Offensively we don't make as many off the ball runs to try and drag defenders around, it's all very 'pass it sideways and wait for an opening' rather than put the effort in to try and create an opening.

We're also ripe for being counter attacked, we struggle to break teams down that sit back and continue to naively play a high line. I expect Leeds will look to keep things compact and break on us like most teams do.

Head-to-head

• Leeds are looking to win consecutive league games against Leicester for the first time since December 1999.
  • Leicester have won four of their past five league visits to Leeds, as many as they had on their previous 16 trips to Elland Road.
  • The Foxes could earn three league wins in a row at Leeds for the first time in their history.
Leeds United

• Leeds' tally of 10 points is their lowest after 10 matches of a league campaign since the 2006-07 Championship season in which they were relegated.
  • Their three leading Premier League goalscorers last season have only contributed one goal between them so far in 2021-22.
  • Four teenagers have appeared for Leeds in the Premier League this campaign, the most of any club. No teenager played for them in the top flight last season.
Leicester City

• Leicester are one short of 200 Premier League victories.
  • They are vying to score in 13 consecutive top-flight away matches for the first time since April to December 1960.
  • The Foxes have not recorded a clean sheet since the opening weekend of the season.
  • They have conceded 18 set-piece goals (excluding penalties) since the start of last season; only Crystal Palace have let in more.

It will be interesting to see if Soumare is dropped for this game. In general his performances have been good, but he has been the chief culprit in a few instances of poor tracking back that have resulted in goals conceded and points lost. The rest of the defence didn't exactly cover themselves in glory either with the Moscow goal as they all stood there ball watching..

It was good to hear Brendan moaning about some people maybe not working hard enough because IMO you can see that in the performances, we tend to press aggressively from the front and then after that the pressing from midfield is very half arsed/ stand off-ish. Offensively we don't make as many off the ball runs to try and drag defenders around, it's all very 'pass it sideways and wait for an opening' rather than put the effort in to try and create an opening.

We're also ripe for being counter attacked, we struggle to break teams down that sit back and continue to naively play a high line. I expect Leeds will look to keep things compact and break on us like most teams do.
I thought Soumare was better on Thursday before Ndidi came on. He seemed to look a bit lost as to what he was meant to be doing after that. Not saying he was great or anything daft like that, just that he seemed to suffer once Wilf came on.

He doesn't really deserve to start, but I'd go with Barnes for this match. He was the main threat against them last season. They are at their most vulnerable when teams break at pace against them.

He doesn't really deserve to start, but I'd go with Barnes for this match. He was the main threat against them last season. They are at their most vulnerable when teams break at pace against them.
I agree with all that.

Could be significant in this game.

View attachment 16446
Exactly what I expected to see.

We aren't trying and for that I can slag my own players off.

When it's down to lack of ability then fine, when it's down to a shit work rate then it's not ****ing good enough.

You only need to look at some of the shit we've failed against this year to know the current work ethic on the pitch isn't good enough.

You don't get beat by absolute shit like Warsaw when you put the appropriate effort in.

BR needs to start firing some shots because being a soft touch has stopped working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566