Legal help Re Speeding Fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am intrigued to know how they issued the summons if they have your old address? Only thing I can think is you did a mail collect and got both things at once?

I thought that too, though it's the sort of thing that could be passed on by an estate agent or current occupant if they left a forwarding address. The amount does seem steep, is there plenty recovery costs included? From my many dealings with debt recovery folk they sometimes forget about the additional fees if you bitch on about never receiving the bill but accept liability for the original fine/cost (though that could be my charming personality)

She did change the address with DVLA a while back so I guess it's taken them a while to "click".

I tried to find the letter on my way out this mornign but I think she's taken it to work with her so cannot see where it has come from. I do know that the court is in Loughborough (even though the camera was Melton Road) and the person that told her these options was based at either loughborough court or loughborough council. I'll get the actual details later...

Getting back to this...

The letter was from "Leicestershire and Loughborough Magistrates Courts". The £625 is a fine, but there was no breakdown of where this figure comes form.

She is going to Loughborough courts tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00