Leicester 0 - 0 Middlesbrough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Live stream via Iraq Goals..we looked good going forward and must be disappointed not to have taken all 3 points.We need to practice corners but overall Hobbs had a good game,Lamey and Moreno look decent signings, DJ was very impressive and for a team in the making can't complain!

agree with this.we have had 27 corners in 2 league games,but no goals scored from them.

Fantastic performance today, should have won 4-0. Just one of those games it dorsn't go in, I suppose.

Though Hobbs, Neilson, Campbell, Oakley and Moreno all had excellent games.

Still don't understand the hype for Middlesbrough as favourites, they look so average.

Weale 6: didnt really have anything to do

Neilson 6: He looked a little better than last season, but is still slow and can't pass to save his life
Moreno 7: Looks confident on the ball, technically gifted, but weak in the air-better off being pushed into midfield I reckon
Hobbs 7: Looked pretty much back to his usual self
Berner 6: Didn't look great today. almost lacking pace, and disinterested. May be over the hill...

Oakley 6: apart from a few good balls and tackles, he is too slow, can't pass and is past it. Needs to be dropped
King 6: typical King didn't do a great deal, but didn't do anything wrong. Unlucky not to have scored and to be taken off
Wellens 6: Did ok, good at winning fouls, passing not quite on song though

Dyer 6: Looked lively at times, but out of the game for long periods too
Campbell 7: Looked good running at defenders, and always a threat
Howard 6: did his job, but should've been taken off instead of Campbell as was knackered

Can't really comment on any of the subs. A clean sheet is the main positive today, and we could easily have won this one nil. Still a lot to be worked on though, as this formation made us too narrow and gave them too much space out wide.

Last edited:
Also, Hobbs seems to have perfected that side-on while getting on one knee tackle that Bobby Moore did vs. Brazil in 1970.

I thought it was all a bit shitty.

A better team would have exploited our lack of defensive shape in the first half. Berner 'got away' with marking two players all half.

Some nice passing movements at times but it was all a bit artificial really. Didn't get the impression that anyone really knew what they were supposed to be doing.

The enigma that is Howard. If we're going to play one up front, he has to have a presence. Howard gives us that but precious little else.

Dyer fluffed about a lot but delivered nothing of value. Campbell blew hot and cold.

The new player at the back, Moreno, looked okay but wasn't really tested. Nobody was bad but then nobody stood out either. Weale made his customery flap and got away with it.

For the amount Strachen has spent, he'll be very unhappy with his team.

If we're going to match up to last season, or even improve on it, we're some way off at the moment. All in all, a bit of a nothing match.

Fantastic performance today .

Snigger.

Average nothing more, nothing less. The failure to create a clear cut chance rather telling. Despite the pressure and a couple of close shaves, McManus and Wheather looked untroubled.

Something to work on but we look short of real quality in the final third. A couple of players signed sensibly should be adequate.

Always said Boyds a lump; his record in Europe and against Celtic is woeful.

Well, I enjoyed it anyway. We did just outplay the favourite for the title, did we not?

Good performance that. First thing first, 'Boro were wank, completely negative, typical Strachan team. Still plenty of Neilson haters around me, although I thought he was one of the better players on the pitch.

Weale -6- Bugger all to do, flapped at a cross in the first half that Boyd should have scored from but thats all.

Neilson -7- Just looks fitter and more confident than ever before, he really put himself about and got forward to support Lloyd. Yeah the guy is hardly a sprinter but you can't have everything.

Moreno -7- Developing a slight man crush on this guy, he rarely had to muscle a player out of the way or battle for headers because his positioning and anticipation is excellent. MAde a very good covering slide tackle in second half after a counter attack too.

Hobbs -7- Back to his usual standard, won every header and looked more composed on the ball.

Berner -6- Not sure if he looks fully fit yet but didn't do anything wrong at the back, just his overlaps were compromised

Dyer -6- Played on the right so there was lots of cutting in which didn't really suit him, especially as their defence and midfield basically lined up on the edge of the box.

Wellens -7- Playing further forward than last season and kept the midfield ticking over nicely, triggered a few counters with his distribution.

Oakley -8- Ran the show, best player on the park in my opinion. Played deep in midfield and not only was his passing usual spot on but he won the ball back a fair few times also.

King -7- Unlucky to hit the bar, often ran beyond Howard and had a goal wrongly chalked off from what I saw downstairs at HT.

Campbell -7- Different DJ to the flop of 3 years ago. Rather than playing off of the shoulder of the last man and constantly being caught offside, he was dropping deep and really buzzing around the pitch in a Hume like manner. Hassled their midfielders and ran at their defence, he was let down by the odd touch and lack of quality but overall he looks a totally different type of player than anything else we have to offer.

Howard -6- Saturday usually means 'Do whatever the **** you want to Steve and get away with it' day. How the ref failed to give Howard a FK/penalty for being wrestled to the ground on the edge of the box I don't know. For all of the quick breakaways and slick passing, sometimes there's no substitute for plonking it on SH's head. Suffered due to a lack of width today, any crosses were angled in from deep. Had a stonking effort tipped round the post.

SUBS

Gally and Fryatt - Struggled to make an impact, Gally saw more of the ball but by that time in the game 'Boro were camped out on the edge of their area.

Lamey - Looks big and strong, hard to judge if the guy has pace or not because I don't think he's fit yet. Put his foot in though, including a belting slide tackle on Lita.

Last edited:
Don't understand the Neilson hate, thought he was excellent today.

Outplay? Name me when we once went beyond their back four? Boro got the nearest to scoring too.

We had 2 goals disallowed (the first one was very debatable from where I was sitting), hit the bar, had another chance cleared off the line, DJ missed an open goal, their keeper made a great save to tip a free-kick over the bar and another one to push Howard's shot wide. Weale had absolutely nothing to do.

What more do you want?

Last edited:
We had 2 goals disallowed (the first one was very debatable from where I was sitting), hit the bar, had another chance cleared off the line, DJ missed an open goal, their keeper made a great save to tip a free-kick over the bar and another one to push Howard's shot wide. Weale had absolutely nothing to do.

What more do you want?

I honestly can't remember Weale having to make a save. Just that Boyd header off of a corner.

We'll come up against much worse defenders than Hoyte, Wheater and McAnus this season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670