Post Match Leicester 0 Arsenal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think there's an argument there that we probably edged the play, apart from those opening 20 minutes where we were so bad we'd practically thrown the game away by the time the second went in. At one point nobody wanted the ball it was like a game of hot potato. Took us a further 10 mins to get settled in after that as well....

Soumare was absolutely shit today. Ditto Thomas.

Rodgers has to take the blame for that start, I have no idea how we show up for a home game looking so utterly feckless. We improved as a team but some of the individual performances on display were scandalous.

Why on earth play Thomas when he is so far from being ready? I get that we’re doing the back five thing at the minute but for ****s sake just drop it for one game if you’ve not got enough competent players to make it worse.

Absolutely mind boggling start to the game.
We have this habit of stumbling upon the team and formation we SHOULD have been playing in the second half of games. With them playing 1 centre forward you could argue we should have gone at theme with our second half line up from the start. We looked way more like we knew what our approach was when playing 4 at the back. When we have Evans fit we should play that. When he's not we should play 3.

Defensively shambolic for about the 15th game in a row.

Terrible at set pieces at both ends of the pitch for the 3rd year in a row.

Every time Amartey has a good game he follows it up with an absolute stinker.

Thomas bullied.

Soumare anonymous.

Nacho will be sacrificed.

Many will point to their keeper having a stormer. The story of that game is how hopeless we are at the back.

Better for 25 odd minutes in the second half - Barnes and Vardy had chances, Maddison unlucky with his Free kick but overall just not good enough -and apart from Ramsdale, no Arsenal player had to break into a sweat.

Once again - we proved we are just not competent/ skillful enough to play out from the back - waste so much time when we do so and the ball goes nowhere. Sounded like the crowd were getting pissed off with it as well.

Absolutely mind boggling start to the game.
We have this habit of stumbling upon the team and formation we SHOULD have been playing in the second half of games. With them playing 1 centre forward you could argue we should have gone at theme with our second half line up from the start.

Absolutely this. Rodgers tends to be quite good at turning things around at half time but when it is apparent there are things wrong before that, like today, we just sort of stumble towards half time like a wounded dog hoping things aren't out of sight by then..

There is obviously the whole aspect of using too many subs up too early in case of injuries so it's no wonder Rodgers would favour the whole 5 subs thing coming back.

Ultimately he got his tactics and set up wrong, and had to spend our substitutes trying to rectify it.

Currently joint-third with Watford on goals conceded.

...and we can't even blame Vestergaard.

Second one was on Soumare today, not covering the runner adequately and just being a bit slow to react to the ball bobbling around. First one the commentators were picking up on Vardy being absolutely hopeless covering the near post defending set pieces... just leave him up top like Ranieri used to do ffs.

...and we can't even blame Vestergaard.

Second one was on Soumare today, not covering the runner adequately and just being a bit slow to react to the ball bobbling around. First one the commentators were picking up on Vardy being absolutely hopeless covering the near post defending set pieces... just leave him up top like Ranieri used to do ffs.
We are certainly at a point where a drastic change of approach to defending corners is needed.

Need to draft Ndidi, Ricardo and Barnes back into the side asap.

Soumare, Thomas and unfortunately Nacho to step back.

I totally agreed with the change of shape and the two players that came on at half time but Nacho going off was baffling. Not baffling because it’s Rodgers. But baffling because he looked like the only half-decent player in the first half.

Twenty five minutes of pure unadulterated shit

Defended like ****ing schoolgirls

Changed it too late - game was already gone

Awful stuff

Disappointing start to the weekend even though on the game overall, I thought we had enough chances to get something from it.

First 20-30 mins was absolutely abysmal though and no team ever really deserves to get anything from a game starting that poor.

I've said it before but Thomas is no way PL standard and certainly not top 6 PL standard - the difference between him and Taveres for them was like man vs boy. He's OK putting a ball in but he's not really blessed for pace or strength so I'm not sure what his positives are.

Amartey - we all know he is an accident waiting to happen so don't need to say much apart from he had the performance we all know he is capable of which was terrible.

Good subs at half time to match their system and the pressure and chances should have got us at least one.

Daka sub seemed to kill our game though otherwise it felt like we could get one and then make them collapse.

Saddly, they way we played out the game was a real shame. Seemed like the players just accepted defeat unless they were just running on empty then.

We definitely need to improve the speed of our play though. The way we just ponderously play it around at the back taking one step forward but then taking another straight back. 9 times out of 10 we will lose it but we also waste time in the process.

Unfortunately we seem to play like we are winning when we are actually losing.

I was impressed at how quickly Arsenal moved the ball forward whenever Ramsdale got the ball. It was as if they were expecting a high press and planned accordingly, however there was no press. On the other hand Leicester dawdled on the ball and Arsenal swarmed all over them.

Need to draft Ndidi, Ricardo and Barnes back into the side asap.

Soumare, Thomas and unfortunately Nacho to step back.
Harsh on Nacho. He wasn’t great today but he has been superb since he was brought back in after being so criminally underused during the first part of the season.

We need to find a way of playing Vardy and Nacho together, regardless of 4 or 5 at the back. I still don’t see why playing both of them always means 5 at the back.

I hate us when we play like that. This is going to be a rant.

We started like it was the first time we'd ever played a PL game. Nobody knew what they were supposed to be doing. Soumare desperately asking team mates where to be summed it up.

There are two issues that ask serious questions about what the feck we do on the training ground. One is our total inability to adapt to opponents that find space. We just don't respond until half time or in today's case, a fortunate injury break enabled BR to correct positions after 25 mins. Surely one of the players can take some responsibility and not have to wait to be told?

The other issue is set pieces. Yet another conceded today because we don't know how to defend a corner. It's painful viewing and I'm sick of pointing it out. Two years now we've spent marking their best headers with our weakest headers. It's basic fecking incompetence. All our best headers of the ball are marking zones which usually means they do feck all. It's pig headed management from BR to just do nothing about it.

I have to also mention corners for us. Absolute dogshit delivery again and again and nobody in the middle makes any effort to attack them.

I also cannot believe that he took our most promising attacker (Iheanacho) off at half time. It was fine to bring on Barnes for Amartey but no need to do the other change. If anything, he could have taken Thomas off who proved yet again that he is not good enough (yet).

Amartey did that thing again. He has a couple of decent performances and you start to think "you know, he's alright actually" and then he plays like he did in that first half. Absolute non-league standard shite.

Whilst I'm on a roll, I was hurling abuse at Maddison after an hour. We had two corners in quick succession whilst we were well on top and the twat trotted over to the corner flag both times, all the time in the world, doing his hair, playing with his bollocks, and waving to young ladies in the crowd. The guy is just the opposite of what you need when you're two down and chasing a game. Some of his passing was decent second half but his general attitude first half and in much of the second was a fecking disgrace. Barnes is another twat that looks like he's believed he's made it already. **** all end product lad.

And don't get me started on bringing on Daka for Maddison and then playing him in midfield. Fecking genius move that BR. Absolute insanity.

The Daka for Maddison thing was just ****ing ludicrous, and killed us off completely. Absolutely insane. Bad, bad management.

But the defending at corners issue is now beyond insane. In that first half we had four defenders stood perfectly in their zones without a single Arsenal player anywhere near them - they were all elsewhere overloading all the lovely free space we’d given them. I’ve genuinely never seen anything like it, even in kids football. Pathetic, hopeless ****wittery of the highest order. We were incredibly lucky not to give them one or two more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566