Post Match Leicester 0 Hull 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than Matt nobody has been blindly backing him.

The situation hasn't changed though has it? For me I want him gone just because of how frustrating it all is...but realistically he's probably just about our best bet in the championship. Though, at this point, I think even that could be questioned.

The situation hasn't changed though has it? For me I want him gone just because of how frustrating it all is...but realistically he's probably just about our best bet in the championship. Though, at this point, I think even that could be questioned.

Personally I don't see him carrying on when we go down, hes not only guided the club to relegation but hes made a couple of very amateur moves on a personal level.

On a side note Cambiasso cannot seriously be considering staying at Leicester, it would be a criminal waste of talent, much like this season has been.

Personally I don't see him carrying on when we go down, hes not only guided the club to relegation but hes made a couple of very amateur moves on a personal level.

On a side note Cambiasso cannot seriously be considering staying at Leicester, it would be a criminal waste of talent, much like this season has been.

Maybe as a player / coach??

The problem with this is; do you see our board sacking Pearson were he to get us back up again? I don't see any signs that NP has learned anything from this season so, we'd be stuck in a loop.

Is he really our best bet in the Championship? Last season was fantastic but it took him a while to get us there. It isn't much good being brilliant in the second division if you can't cope with the top flight anyway. Overall Pearson has done a very good job for the club. But sometimes it's just time for a person to move on and we've reached that point with Pearson.

I think I agree with you both. However, Pearson appeared to have learned a lesson from the playoff year and came back stronger in the promotion season. I Don't think he's incapable of improving. His performance this year has been dreadful though and has been thrown into the light when even the likes of Sherwood, Bruce, Warnock, and Dyche have coached rings around him.

I guess the club owners need to take a long hard look at whether they want to be able to bounce back (possibly) with Nigel, or whether they want to become an established premier league club (which I dont unfortunately think will happen with Nigel in charge, as much as I like him).

I think the ridiculed suggestion a while ago to take on a manager (experienced) to guide us in our first season and work alongside Nigel was a good one.

Last edited:
Anyone who knows how Ashburton FC did against Foxhole United today? I could do with some encouragement from them.

Relegation almost a certainty. Miracles don't happen too often especially to teams devoid of inspiration.

Just take a look at the bottom half of the Championship. It's littered with clubs recently in the Prem.

Does Pearson have another crack, or change it all and risk unsettling the club?

The reason I was against sacking Pearson earlier in the season was that I could not see any available replacement who would be an obvious improvement. I also do not trust that the board have the kind of football knowledge to find somebody from further afield to do the job.

Neither of these has changed.

At the end of the season other managers are likely to become available though, either because they are let go or do not achieve their goals at their existing clubs and want to move on. I would think that any one of Alladici, McLaren, Dyce or Howe would represent a substantial upgrade on what we currently have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669