Post Match Leicester 0 Leeds 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a complete waste of time, other than it gave us a few moments where the ball went near the Leeds box which kept me slightly awake.

I think it could work if we had Taggart, Elliott, Marshall, Walsh and Heskey in the box.

They are exactly like Robbie Neilson's long throws which were equally as useless.

To use long throws effectively you need flat, quick "bullet like" throw-ins, Neilson an Moore both have these slow looping throw-ins so that there's so much time for the defence to read them and even if our player got their first there's not enough power on the ball for a player to get a header in that will trouble the keeper.

Last edited:
They are exactly like Robbie Neilson's long throws which were equally as useless.

To use long throws effectively you need flat, quick "bullet like" throw-ins, Neilson an Moore both have these slow looping throw-ins so that there's so much time for the defence to read them and even if our player got their first there's not enough power on the ball for a player to get a header in that will trouble the keeper.

Exactly this, funny how we kept it up for a full 90 minutes though, maybe they thought it was the only way we could actually get the ball into their box?

Exactly this, funny how we kept it up for a full 90 minutes though, maybe they thought it was the only way we could actually get the ball into their box?

Persistence Lako! We were woeful though.

Persistence.

We persisted with Robbie Neilson's long throws for ages and I don't remember us ever scoring from one. It would be far more useful in those situations to take a short throw and have possession of the ball (with our feet) in a dangerous area of the pitch.

Last edited:

I don't think it's necessarily the style of it all but maybe having some pre-planned movement in the box. The direction of every throw-in was same and normally on the head of Leeds no.8. If we won the flick-on, where was the ball going next?

This is what I mean about the intelligence of some players. Think about the next pass. Some of the passing was so poor and put their team-mates in a difficult situation.

Last edited:
Isn't his strike record pretty much 1 in 2 throughout his short career so far?

Considering he's still just 21 and still learning I think this just shows perfectly how ridiculously high expectations are.

Like Nugent though, he has hot patches where he scores lots in few games and then has barren runs. This isn't a bad thing, as you said he is young, however it does mean that he is liable to be dropped in a barren patch.

I don't think it's necessarily the style of it all but maybe having some pre-planned movement in the box. The direction of every throw-in was same and normally on the head of Leeds no.8. If we won the flick-on, where was the ball going next?

This is what I mean about the intelligence of some players. Think about the next pass. Some of the passing was so poor and put their team-mates in a difficult situation.

But surely it's the manager's job to be telling every player where to put every pass?

Like Nugent though, he has hot patches where he scores lots in few games and then has barren runs. This isn't a bad thing, as you said he is young, however it does mean that he is liable to be dropped in a barren patch.

I do see your point but can you name a striker that doesn't?

Which is precisely my point and up until the past 2-3 seasons, he was quite patchy with his goal scoring too.

I'm sure most people would have been buzzing if we signed Vydra but he also went 10+ games without scoring as it is just the nature of the game apart from players at the extreme top of the game which saddly, we are quie a way off currently.

Which is precisely my point and up until the past 2-3 seasons, he was quite patchy with his goal scoring too.

I'm sure most people would have been buzzing if we signed Vydra but he also went 10+ games without scoring as it is just the nature of the game apart from players at the extreme top of the game which saddly, we are quie a way off currently.

Tbf, RvP has mostly only been patchy when injured.

Not sure how signing him would help with FFP though.

Maybe if we got rid of Konchesky...

Hazzman, that Pearce was taking chunks out of Vardy throughout the game and not pulled up once.

Also, should we have had a penalty when Whitbread came up for a corner, looked like he'd been sent flying with a push in the back (second half).

2 games, 4 points happy with that.

Agree with the penalty shout, certainly looked like a foul to me from the kop.

Fair play to Pearce for not making a massive deal of the Vardy kick, which was petulant given that it was perfectly fair jostle to put the ball in to touch.

Tbf, RvP has mostly only been patchy when injured.

Not sure how signing him would help with FFP though.

Maybe if we got rid of Konchesky...

Agree on the injury side of things and as you kind of say, the only way we will get the sort of player demanded by some is by competing at the top end of the PL which doesn't look likely in my lifetime to be honest which was my point.

I'd be quite confident in saying that 21 of the clubs in the Championship would bite our hands off to have Wood & Nugent and the other 2 would be more than happy to have them too so we should be too.

I'd be quite confident in saying that 21 of the clubs in the Championship would bite our hands off to have Wood & Nugent and the other 2 would be more than happy to have them too so we should be too.

Agreed.

With Vardy and Waghorn as well, it's a strong front 4.

They're just not firing atm.

Fair play to Pearce for not making a massive deal of the Vardy kick......

Which was only 30 yards or so from the technical area but on the blind side of Nigel. If Nigel did see it I hope he gave Vardy both barrels as that sort of petulance could have been costly even if it wasn't a 'hard' kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669