Post Match Leicester 0 Leeds 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to note that my betting nipple tweak was to not do the system immediately after a full house.

What a surprise. We might even have believed you if you had told us before the event.

Can someone whose has seen Leicester live (as opposed to on a screen) tell me whether Vardy has improved enough to deserve his place ahead of Wood. When I saw Vardy last season I thought he was brave and hardworking but at best an average Championship player. Schlupp showed greater natural ability.
Wood on the other hand is a proven goalscorer at this level. When he first came Wood looked too good for the Championship and far better than Vardy. It seems to me that managements job is to make sure that is the Wood that we see rather than the one who was ineffective during Leicester's bad patch.
It would be interesting to know who Nugent would rather partner - Wood or Vardy.

On yesterday's showing, it should be Nuge occupying the bench. I think Vardy has looked fit, sharp and interested this season and has generally provided most of our forward impetus. Wood looked reasonably good yesterday as well, being very direct and a physical presence. Nuge looks a shadow of last season's player, but can be forgiven a few low-key performances, given the goodwill he built up last year. If I was making the decision, I'd keep it at Nuge and Vardy next time out, and then give Nuge some time on the bench if he doesn't look any sharper.

I understand some of the negativity given how dull yesterday was, but we have four points from two relatively tricky games and we won our cup game. We look difficult to break down, Moore looks like he's really kicked on, Drinkwater looks like he has some of his form from the start of last year and we have competition for places up front. Let's be positive...

On yesterday's showing, it should be Nuge occupying the bench. I think Vardy has looked fit, sharp and interested this season and has generally provided most of our forward impetus. Wood looked reasonably good yesterday as well, being very direct and a physical presence. Nuge looks a shadow of last season's player, but can be forgiven a few low-key performances, given the goodwill he built up last year. If I was making the decision, I'd keep it at Nuge and Vardy next time out, and then give Nuge some time on the bench if he doesn't look any sharper.

I understand some of the negativity given how dull yesterday was, but we have four points from two relatively tricky games and we won our cup game. We look difficult to break down, Moore looks like he's really kicked on, Drinkwater looks like he has some of his form from the start of last year and we have competition for places up front. Let's be positive...

I think Nugent gets far too much credit for influencing games, he went on 2 long spells without scoring last season and was so desperate to get on the score sheet early this season he took a penalty he wasn't supposed to (pity he was too scared to take one at Watford).

I think Nugent gets far too much credit for influencing games, he went on 2 long spells without scoring last season and was so desperate to get on the score sheet early this season he took a penalty he wasn't supposed to (pity he was too scared to take one at Watford).

Nugent on form is our best striker. Too often though, he's not on form. Knockaert is another one. People keep saying he is the type of player who will come on and change a game, but I can't remember the last time other than Forest when he did. One time in 10 isn't a reason to clamour for him. He's a good player, but not undroppable.

I thought it was two half decent teams cancelling each other out, it happens sometimes. As a plus I thought that was the best I've seen Whitbread play for us. Drinkwater impressed as well, Andy King needs to pull his finger out.

It wasn't so much the performance of the players that worried me, the manager set us up to be mind numbingly boring at home against what can only be described as a truly tragic Leeds side.

RDL is perfect for his role, especially with young Moore backing him up, both have pace to recover if caught out. The opposite side of the pitch however tells a totally different story, Konch is and never will be a wing back, especially when being backed up by the slow ZW.

2 shots on target in 90 minutes tells you how lucrative this formation will be, fingers crossed next home game we see one of our creative players start the game.

I thought it was two half decent teams cancelling each other out, it happens sometimes. As a plus I thought that was the best I've seen Whitbread play for us. Drinkwater impressed as well, Andy King needs to pull his finger out.

Whitbread did ok but he could have quite easily had a penalty given against him and seeing as he was already on a yellow, could have ended being sent off as a result.

I would have taken a draw before the game. I personally thought it would be 1-1, but the manner of the draw was very disappointing. 65 minutes to get your first shot on target at home is absolutely diabolical. I was toying with the idea of going down to the game but glad I'd decided not to after that display. If we persist with that formation at home for a large amount of games, then I don't think I'm going to be the only one who will be annoyed.

I've not been a fan of Vardy but I thought he played well yesterday. Hopefully he can keep up this improved form. That being said, we could have RVP up front and I still don't think we'd be scoring too many this season

It wasn't so much the performance of the players that worried me, the manager set us up to be mind numbingly boring at home against what can only be described as a truly tragic Leeds side.

It's funny how opinions can differ. I personally though the players were not zipping the ball around quicker enough or making enough forward movement. There were five chances off the top of my head where it we played a quicker pass, it would have provided a chance. King in particular was rather casual in those situations.

Whitbread did ok but he could have quite easily had a penalty given against him and seeing as he was already on a yellow, could have ended being sent off as a result.

3rd minute, he clearly pulled a Leeds player in the box. The game suited him as it wore on as the balls became more and more aerial. That said such a game meant give a bit of confidence and hopefully a run of games to get fit. Norwich fans still assure me that he was a massive part of their promotion side.

Vardy also reacted to tackle by Pearce with a kick against him. It was in front of the lino who didn't see it. At an away ground where the fans would have screamed murder, it was would have been a red.

It was a typical early season game, no frills, no risk, we're unbeaten still attitude.

Hazzman, that Pearce was taking chunks out of Vardy throughout the game and not pulled up once.

Also, should we have had a penalty when Whitbread came up for a corner, looked like he'd been sent flying with a push in the back (second half).

2 games, 4 points happy with that.

Was I the only person who felt utterly dismayed at the continued use of Moore throwing the ball to the Leeds defender from every single throwing?

It was a great way of ensuring we gave possession away, it bordered on ridiculous how casually they won every single header from the throws.

Was I the only person who felt utterly dismayed at the continued use of Moore throwing the ball to the Leeds defender from every single throwing?

It was a great way of ensuring we gave possession away, it bordered on ridiculous how casually they won every single header from the throws.

It does need working on ;)

3rd minute, he clearly pulled a Leeds player in the box. The game suited him as it wore on as the balls became more and more aerial. That said such a game meant give a bit of confidence and hopefully a run of games to get fit. Norwich fans still assure me that he was a massive part of their promotion side.

Vardy also reacted to tackle by Pearce with a kick against him. It was in front of the lino who didn't see it. At an away ground where the fans would have screamed murder, it was would have been a red.

It was a typical early season game, no frills, no risk, we're unbeaten still attitude.

It is odd that, isn't it? I live in the Norwich catchment and, even now, whenever I talk football with one of the locals, they speak admiringly of Whitbread as a cultured centre-back. Perhaps our style of play doesn't suit his game... :102:

It is odd that, isn't it? I live in the Norwich catchment and, even now, whenever I talk football with one of the locals, they speak admiringly of Whitbread as a cultured centre-back. Perhaps our style of play doesn't suit his game... :102:

Millwall fans speak admirably of Wood, we have a great record of taking previously decent players and breaking them.

Isn't his strike record pretty much 1 in 2 throughout his short career so far?

Considering he's still just 21 and still learning I think this just shows perfectly how ridiculously high expectations are.

I thought Whitbread grew in confidence throughout the game. He is the type of player that Martin O'Neill would have signed and made into a solid centre back. I think he needs a consistent run in the team, match fitness and confidence. I then think he could become an integral part of the team.

It was a complete waste of time, other than it gave us a few moments where the ball went near the Leeds box which kept me slightly awake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669