Post Match Leicester 0 Manchester City 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't watch a second of it. Glad that Soyuncu still exists. Goal difference not getting battered is as good as we can hope for really. Some supposedly winnable games before the winter break...
More of an autumn break isn’t it?

I'm not sure how people can be impressed with Rodgers tactical approach today when it was exactly the same as he always does against them. I'm sure Pep was thoroughly prepared for exactly what we did. That's the opposite of good management. Especially when it very rarely works.

I thought it was a terrible game of football. Two managers whose egos means far more than entertaining supporters. In the first 70 mins almost every player was stood still or walking for 90% of the time. It was absolutely awful viewing and if you cannot see that I'm afraid you've been indocrinated into the con trick that this is how football should be played. It's really not. I was so bored.

Nothing much wrong with the individual performances. I can't understand why you'd start with Vardy and then have him do a man marking job on Rodri. What was the point? Surely, bringing him into the game later on would have made more sense.

His selection of Soyuncu was the action of a very bitter man. Played him on the left side and he continually got the ball on his wrong foot with Justin (also on the wrong side) his only option. Every time he tried to play out Rodgers screamed abuse at him.

I agreed with taking off Dewsbury-Hall at half time as he was rabbit in the headlights. It was extremely optimistic to think that he could play as one of two in central midfield. He's obviously not good enough for that and his passing was once again shown up for being piss poor.

When the half time whistle went, Grealish went straight up to the ref and screamed at him for not getting decisions. Hardly a surprise that the ref then blew for him whenever he could in the second half. The dark arts which they are very good at (once again they fouled us every time we broke on them without being penalised) whilst we're weak as piss.

I'm not sure how people can be impressed with Rodgers tactical approach today when it was exactly the same as he always does against them. I'm sure Pep was thoroughly prepared for exactly what we did. That's the opposite of good management. Especially when it very rarely works.

I thought it was a terrible game of football. Two managers whose egos means far more than entertaining supporters. In the first 70 mins almost every player was stood still or walking for 90% of the time. It was absolutely awful viewing and if you cannot see that I'm afraid you've been indocrinated into the con trick that this is how football should be played. It's really not. I was so bored.

Nothing much wrong with the individual performances. I can't understand why you'd start with Vardy and then have him do a man marking job on Rodri. What was the point? Surely, bringing him into the game later on would have made more sense.

His selection of Soyuncu was the action of a very bitter man. Played him on the left side and he continually got the ball on his wrong foot with Justin (also on the wrong side) his only option. Every time he tried to play out Rodgers screamed abuse at him.

I agreed with taking off Dewsbury-Hall at half time as he was rabbit in the headlights. It was extremely optimistic to think that he could play as one of two in central midfield. He's obviously not good enough for that and his passing was once again shown up for being piss poor.

When the half time whistle went, Grealish went straight up to the ref and screamed at him for not getting decisions. Hardly a surprise that the ref then blew for him whenever he could in the second half. The dark arts which they are very good at (once again they fouled us every time we broke on them without being penalised) whilst we're weak as piss.
Do you ever think that talking this much bollocks so often might be bad for your health.

I can only assume you fell asleep. Again.

Do you ever think that talking this much bollocks so often might be bad for your health.

I can only assume you fell asleep. Again.

Were you there? Half the crowd were asleep. The atmosphere was non-existent. There was certainly nothing to keep any of us awake.

Went to the match. Apart from a piece of magic from De Bruyne, we were absolutely phenomenal. Sorry, no complaining today. We were first class. On the last 6 games, we are staying up. Support the team, rally them and let's get a win next.

Were you there? Half the crowd were asleep. The atmosphere was non-existent. There was certainly nothing to keep any of us awake.
No. I was on kid sitting duty.

However, I watched a fantastic defensive performance from a side who, 6 weeks ago couldn't defend for shit. We could have played for another two hours and Manchester City would still have been unlikely to score from open play. A brilliant save from Ederson prevented us equalising moments after they had scored and Iheanacho could and arguably should have equalised for us. We'd have then been talking about a fantastic point, well earned. As it was, a poor choice by Mendy and an absolutely fantastic free kick from De Bruyne was the only difference between us and what is, despite your nonsense, an exceptionally talented Manchester City side.

If you cannot take any positives from that game then you are being deliberately obtuse.

Football has always had games like this. Not everything had to be done at 1000mph. Yes, it's not pretty at times or even entertaining but that has nothing to do with being able to see positives in the improved performance.

Guardiola did the same with Mahrez before signing him and Chilwell before trying to sign him. Looks like he quite likes the idea of getting Maddison in.

Nothing at all wrong with playing a deep block against Pep's teams, and we executed it exceptionally well. Looked like they had been coached very well during the week and there were some stand out performances in that first half, Justin being the pick of a very good bunch.
The other side of that approach is that you must make the most of break out opportunities that you get, and we simply weren't good enough on transition and ****ed possession away repeatedly. KDH was by far and away the worst culprit - he has struggled all season, but today he was complete pony.

But the massive problem with today's set up is that as soon as you concede, the whole concept and approach becomes completely redundant, and we should have changed it the very second that goal went in. It was genuinely ****ing criminal that we left it so long to make the change - both in formation and in the fact that we stepped forward about ten yards up the pitch.

When we finally did this, we put them under real pressure, and they totally shat themselves. Not sure what BN was drinking, but the crowd were fantastic for that last twenty minutes and the team fed off it a treat. A bit more quality, and the extra fifteen minutes or so that we should have had, and we would have come away with a point at least.

But he left it far, far too long, I'm afraid and that's the really annoying thing about it all.

So many positives from those on the pitch - Cags was good, Amartey was good, Vardy worked amazingly well all game on his own, Castagne and Ward were very good indeed. Tielemans was brilliant - what a ****ing player he is - but James Justin was simply superb. He has defended like a complete ****ing pub player all season long but today he finally turned up. Let's hope this is the turning point for him.

The way we finished the game (set up and personnel) is how we should start against Everton. 4-2-3-1 is far and away our best and most potent formation, so just ****ng stick with it

Guardiola did the same with Mahrez before signing him and Chilwell before trying to sign him. Looks like he quite likes the idea of getting Maddison in.

Well he's going anyway. Some interest for Man City will only increase the asking price.

Nothing at all wrong with playing a deep block . . . . blah blah . . . transition . . . blah blah

It's like the fecking Stepford Wives around here. One by one you all fall for the shite.

We played a very pedestrian 5-5-0 for 70 minutes at home to a side that didn't seem to be up for a battle.

It's like the fecking Stepford Wives around here. One by one you all fall for the shite.

We played a very pedestrian 5-5-0 for 70 minutes at home to a side that didn't seem to be up for a battle.
Or, you're talking shit, again, and everyone else isn't.

Something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469