Post Match Leicester 0 PSV 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were organised and we just don't win against that. At least there wasn't VAR or we'd be more fecked.

Wtf the subs were about.....take off Nachos to play without a striker for 15 minutes for bantz?

Regardless of that we should've done more as they were nowt special.

Barnes had a shocker
Madders faded but not helped by their cynical fouling
It was too frentic No one actually looked for the killer pass.
Chance gone.
Possibly we have a chance as long as we not concede early and
they may be organised and foul at every opportunity where it's not in a dangerous position but I can still see us winning over there might need Extra time though

1st half good - second half dreary and disappointing, little effort or ideas, neither side looked like scoring. With 10 minutes to go, and with PSV no longer interested in going for a win, we decided to reverted to the sideways passing game. Wasted opportunity.

I really enjoyed it. Some excellent performances from Nacho, Fofana, KDH, Ricardo, Castagne and Evans.

Pains me to say it, Barnes was below par again and seems incredibly low on confidence.

Cracking save from Kasper.

Weird double sub.

Onwards. Should be a belter at their gaffe.

What's happened to Barnes? He looks completely out of ideas. His development has totally stalled in the last year.
Did nothing again tonight.

Richardo. Excellent. Back to the Ricky of old. One of the best players on the pitch.

Likewise, Forfana.

Missing that final ball tonight. But some good play.

We also shouldn’t underestimate how much having our first choice back four helped us look in control. Even against a PSV half-trying to score, the back four we’ve had for most of the year would have been calamity central

Sorry but that was absolutely ****ing shit.

The manager got to massage his ego for 10 minutes in the 2nd half and play without a striker because we are so good.

He can **** off with his tinkering, experimental bollocks in the quarter final of a European cup.

Toothless

The subs were. Proper Puel stuff that.
Lots of slightly odd things tonight with the bench.

We’ve played European matches and not bothered filling the bench. Today it was chocka.

Some notable absences (illness maybe?)

The fact that Barnes wasn’t put on it at any point.

And, yes the subs sucked the momentum out of us. When I saw Lookman and Justin it seemed entirely sensible. Then Nacho went off instead of Barnes.

Good first half. Fell apart once BR started making changes.

PSV had two big chances - the early one and the stonewall penalty. We had far more of the ball in the final third but we were dreadful with our decision making.

Barnes was awful for the third successive game. His confidence appears to have fallen off a cliff. Iheanacho was excellent but missed his big moment. It was inexplicable to replace him with Lookman - pure madness.

Fofana and Evans were great together. Evans was desperately signalling to the bench after 80 minutes but BR just ignored him. He needs to be wrapped in cotton wool for a week.

In fact, apart from Schmeichel, nobody that started tonight should play on Sunday. PSV looked very tired late on and they'll have to play their main players at the weekend. That should be our advantage - rest our players and then play high tempo at their place.

This tie is still 50/50 just like it was at 8pm.

Lots of slightly odd things tonight with the bench.

We’ve played European matches and not bothered filling the bench. Today it was chocka.

Some notable absences (illness maybe?)

The fact that Barnes wasn’t put on it at any point.

And, yes the subs sucked the momentum out of us. When I saw Lookman and Justin it seemed entirely sensible. Then Nacho went off instead of Barnes.

Subs are planned in advance i reckon. Barnes was one of the less shit players v forest and got taken off. Tactics, performance etc in the game are irrelevant.

Good first half. Fell apart once BR started making changes.

PSV had two big chances - the early one and the stonewall penalty. We had far more of the ball in the final third but we were dreadful with our decision making.

Barnes was awful for the third successive game. His confidence appears to have fallen off a cliff. Iheanacho was excellent but missed his big moment. It was inexplicable to replace him with Lookman - pure madness.

Fofana and Evans were great together. Evans was desperately signalling to the bench after 80 minutes but BR just ignored him. He needs to be wrapped in cotton wool for a week.

In fact, apart from Schmeichel, nobody that started tonight should play on Sunday. PSV looked very tired late on and they'll have to play their main players at the weekend. That should be our advantage - rest our players and then play high tempo at their place.

This tie is still 50/50 just like it was at 8pm.
Agree with heavy rotation this weekend. He won’t though.

Justin, Soyuncu, Amartey, Thomas

Soumare Choudhury

Barnes Perez Albrighton

Daka

I really enjoyed that first half but, **** me, that second half was a shocker.

I could happily moan about Barnes and Tielemans all day long, cos they were ****ing awful, but the absolute killer was the most ****ing ludicrous intervention by a manager I have seen for some time. It killed the game off completely

The swap of a right back having a really good game for one that was far inferior was bad enough. But leaving us without a ****ing striker for the best part of twenty minutes was just ****ing insane.

WHAT THE **** WERE TOU THINKING YOU COMPLETE ****ING BELLEND?

Just made me very, very angry for the rest of the game, and spoilt the whole thing for me.

What a complete twat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570