Post Match Leicester 0 PSV 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was many things but “absolutely ****ing shit” was not one of them.
We defended okay and nothing more.

Attacking wise, tactics wise and subs wise it was horrible.

Should have lost had the peno been given

I really enjoyed that first half but, **** me, that second half was a shocker.

I could happily moan about Barnes and Tielemans all day long, cos they were ****ing awful, but the absolute killer was the most ****ing ludicrous intervention by a manager I have seen for some time. It killed the game off completely

The swap of a right back having a really good game for one that was far inferior was bad enough. But leaving us without a ****ing striker for the best part of twenty minutes was just ****ing insane.

WHAT THE **** WERE TOU THINKING YOU COMPLETE ****ING BELLEND?

Just made me very, very angry for the rest of the game, and spoilt the whole thing for me.

What a complete twat
He's a modern managerial genius.

Anyone worth their salt plays with no striker these days mate, especially when you are as deadly as we are from midfield.

Pep has got **** all on BR

I enjoyed tonight but that was just downright ****ing weird behaviour from Rodgers. The subs simply had to be preplanned, mind boggling stuff.

Barnes was ****ing appalling. So bereft of ideas and confidence that he was almost hiding out on the touchline.

The back four were very good.

Tielemans has the look of a man playing on muscle memory. Not completely phoning it in but absolutely no desire to push himself. Once again KDH completely showed him up on terms of effort and desire, I lost count of the number of passes he blocked and tackles he made. It wasn’t even a particularly outstanding performance from KDH but it was in another planet to what Tielemans offered up.

I get that Youri might not like that role at the base of midfield but tough tits pal, make it work.

I didn’t see the game so I’m not sure what incident he was referring to, but I find his attitude very refreshing:

PSV boss Roger Schmidt: "I've seen it, it was a clear penalty. I'm not a big fan of the VAR so I can't complain. It was a penalty, but it's part of football where referees make wrong decisions.

Justin for Richardo I can understand. We've been rotating our full backs as they get back to fitness. Totally preplanned.

I think he took Nacho because he'd stopped closing down there centerbacks and wanted some more energy up front. Putting Lookman on there was just stupid through. Don't get it.

Everyone could see that Barnes was having a stinker. He should have been pulled.

Albrighton final ball was poor last night, but other than that was excellent.

Everyone could see that Barnes was having a stinker. He should have been pulled.
The point about Barnes was that he was being marked out of the game by their defence; the same thing was happening to Maddison early on but he went deeper and became much more effective. The problem with Maddison was his constant moaning to the ref which seemed to gain him less protection than he otherwise deserved. But what a game it was against a side that is well versed in the tactics of the European game. We're still in it!

Barnes was rubbish. Iheanacho missed a sitter... again. Tielemans was strolling around.

The rest if them were good, especially KDH and Fofana who were excellent.

Leaving us without a striker for 15 minutes was ****ing lunacy but then bringing on Daka, which simultaneously took us down to 10 men and them up to 12 was even stranger. He looked appalling.... again.

It certainly wasn't '****ing shit' at all. We were excellent in the first half and if we'd have had a proper striker playing we'd have been a goal to the good. The second half was nothing like as good but they were very well organised and had come for a draw.

Christ, we miss Vardy.

I wish when we have Castagne and Justin on the pitch, we'd play Castagne at RB and Justin at LB instead of vice versa. I swear they're both better on the other side to where they've been playing atm.

I thought we played well in this, but just a bit toothless up front. Definitely the first half was better to watch than the second, but I thought both teams looked decent and went for it, so made the first half entertaining to watch at least.

I think it's going to be a tough second leg though. We really need Nacho to find his form from this time last season!

I don't understand the criticism of Tielemans. He was asked to play the defensive midfielder role last night which isn't his position but I thought he did fine.
He was okay. He strolled around a bit at times which is irritating but I thought he was okay really. It's all relative though; we know what he can do so, rightly or wrongly, it's easy to be disappointed when he doesn't do it.

I wish when we have Castagne and Justin on the pitch, we'd play Castagne at RB and Justin at LB instead of vice versa. I swear they're both better on the other side to where they've been playing atm.

I thought we played well in this, but just a bit toothless up front. Definitely the first half was better to watch than the second, but I thought both teams looked decent and went for it, so made the first half entertaining to watch at least.

I think it's going to be a tough second leg though. We really need Nacho to find his form from this time last season!
I think Justin is better on the left as well. In fact, I think he is excellent on the left. The problem is then choosing between Ricardo and Castagne. Both were great last night.

Fantastic to see a really good defensive performance last night, led by Evans and Fofana who looked head and shoulders above the other defenders on the pitch.

I thought we did OK in central midfield with KDH and Tielemans.

Creatively I thought Maddison played well however the rest were poor; Barnes, Albrighton and Iheanacho. Is that 3 games in a row that Iheanacho has missed when one-on-one with the goalkeeper?

Left the ground feeling a little disappointed but still quite hopeful that we can go over there and come away with the win … as long as our creative players perform.

They were organised and we just don't win against that. At least there wasn't VAR or we'd be more fecked.

Wtf the subs were about.....take off Nachos to play without a striker for 15 minutes for bantz?

Regardless of that we should've done more as they were nowt special.
betting scam only logical conclusion to make from those subs check BR account truly baffled by it myself

Evans, Fofana, and Castagne are by far superior to Soyuncu, Amartey and Thomas
Agreed although Soyuncu is out of form and has probably been playing through an injury this season. everyone was waxing lyrical about him a year or so ago, it just shows what Evans brings to the defence, Soyuncu has been the focal point in a defence that constantly changed due to injuries this season.
the question is will BR look to use Soyuncu and Fofana next season as I would guess that Evans is not going to be available for the majority of next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566