Post Match Leicester 0 Tottenham 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I get the sense Puel cares more about proving a point or implementing his style than he does winning. And there is enough talent and resources at the club to finish 6th. He’s not interested in that...

I am coming to the same conclusion.

Anyone who lives in America can tell you that there are so many insufferable plastic Spurs fans....

Add to that the followers of the other "big six" teams.

So many underlying issues with the football being produced.

Vardy is a marginalized and frustrated figure and without him the team looks completely toothless. He is the clubs biggest asset and the style of football nullifies his threat. When he doesn’t play we are completely ****ed. When he does he’s rarely used effectively.

There is no consistency in team selection. Players can play well and be dropped completely the next game. Others get chances they’ve done nothing to earn. This can’t be helping the players. Puel consistently makes 4-5 changes a game. This will be dismissed as squad rotation around the holiday period but he’s done it from the beginning.

And then when those changes invariably fail Puel is forced to make substitutions that lead to changes of shape and formation in game. It’s often difficult to tell by the end of the game what the plan is.

Very few players, bar Chilwell (who was always going to kick on) seem to have improved. Ndidi, Vardy, Gray, Iheanacho actually seem to be going backwards. None of the promising younger players are actually making a breakthrough.

We offer little resistance to the big 6 when they face them. Happy to play well and lose. We are often beaten before kickoff against the big clubs because we just play the same style with less talented players. In short, we are a soft touch.

I get the sense Puel cares more about proving a point or implementing his style than he does winning. And there is enough talent and resources at the club to finish 6th. He’s not interested in that.

And above all; it’s boring which is the absolute anthesis of this club. City are in no danger of getting relegated but we are quickly becoming anonymous under Puel. An average team, playing dishwater dull football built to eventually sell on their biggest assets.

Sooner we can put this season behind us the better.
What a load of bollox.

Fickle, fickle, fickle,
Some of our supporters (!) need to take a step back ( if that means taking their heads out of their arses, so beit) and look at the bigger picture.
Genie me question HTB. Can you see CP progress so far and mid term to a club that can challenge for 6th to 7th place?

Like clockwork.

Hardly a surprise. We've just not got the players to cause the top clubs problems. Can we sack this clown and get Wenger in?

We had no intention of winning that game.

Get rid of the loser

Killing me to watch such a limp and pathetic Leicester City.

Any fan who buys into the media cheapness of Spurs etc being superior are just falling for the eletist rhetoric.

We just don't have the attitude or mentality to take it to them.

****ing pathetic

Hardly a surprise. We've just not got the players to cause the top clubs problems. Can we sack this clown and get Wenger in?

We already have him.

I suggest you take your medication if you genuinely want that past it ****er in.

We already have him.

I suggest you take your medication if you genuinely want that past it ****er in.

And I suggest you take yours if you think Wenger and Puel are anything alike. Wenger's brand of 'possession football' is easy on the eye tippy tappy attacking football. Puel's is sideways, backways any but forward knock it around the back doing sod all possession football. If you've got a better recommendation I'd love to hear them but right now I feel like he'd be a realistic upgrade.

So we are who we thought we would be; Southampton 2016/17. Owners surely knew this would be the case and, if no move is made, then should we surmise that we aspire to this at present? Happy to be average, dull, and safe? Perhaps that’s the definition of an established Premier League club or at least one still searching for a new identity since the “miracle” ****ed up all that motivates PL minnows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Limp display that showed little intensity or invention going forward, the biggest the disappointment for me, at no point did we really apply any sort of pressure and really have a go at Spurs, even in the last 10 it was pretty insipid stuff.

I am firmly of the view Puel needs to go, he has come in and changed our style which needed to be done as we were too predictable and one dimensional however we have now become vanilla, time for a Manager to come in and implement a philosphy that allows this team to play with confidence, intensity and gusto with the capability to retain possession and be controlled but at the right times explode with pace and power to take advantage of situations on the counter. Last night was so abject, at no time in the game did we peg back Spurs or have them on the ropes.

I know Brendon Rodgers isn't everyone's favourite cup of tea but I think he. Is the perfect fit for where we are as a club and he would get the best out of the current squad and get us flying.

And I suggest you take yours if you think Wenger and Puel are anything alike. Wenger's brand of 'possession football' is easy on the eye tippy tappy attacking football. Puel's is sideways, backways any but forward knock it around the back doing sod all possession football. If you've got a better recommendation I'd love to hear them but right now I feel like he'd be a realistic upgrade.

What's the obsession with tippy tappy football?

We don't have the players to play it, half of them can't complete a sideways 5 yard pass in this current slow style.

Modern football is becoming a clichéd annoyance for me at the moment.

The pundits, the media, the managers who all insist on this passing for passing sake bollocks can all **** off.

Man City, Chelsea etc constantly playing out from the back with no striker on the pitch, cocky, condescending shite but non of the other clubs have got any bollocks anymore.

And that excellent tackle that Wilf made and was blown up for, that can **** off as well, modern counting wanking game ruining bollocks.

What's the obsession with tippy tappy football?

We don't have the players to play it, half of them can't complete a sideways 5 yard pass in this current slow style.

Modern football is becoming a clichéd annoyance for me at the moment.

The pundits, the media, the managers who all insist on this passing for passing sake bollocks can all **** off.

Man City, Chelsea etc constantly playing out from the back with no striker on the pitch, cocky, condescending shite but non of the other clubs have got any bollocks anymore.

And that excellent tackle that Wilf made and was blown up for, that can **** off as well, modern counting wanking game ruining bollocks.

Occasionally, our orbits coincide perfectly Lako. I couldn't agree more with the entirety of this post.

There is a grand conspiracy about. Footballers and journalists are complicit with the utter falsehood that watching hundreds of pointless passes every game is what fans want to see.

I find watching most games in the Premier League torture nowadays. They're desperately boring. We are one of the worst because we try to copy the trend but we're no good at it. It's pathetic to watch.

Sometime soon, I hope that a team is going to have the balls to appoint a manager that shows no respect to this nonsense. They will proceed to humiliate the cult followers and then the entire house of cards will collapse.

Occasionally, our orbits coincide perfectly Lako. I couldn't agree more with the entirety of this post.

There is a grand conspiracy about. Footballers and journalists are complicit with the utter falsehood that watching hundreds of pointless passes every game is what fans want to see.

I find watching most games in the Premier League torture nowadays. They're desperately boring. We are one of the worst because we try to copy the trend but we're no good at it. It's pathetic to watch.

Sometime soon, I hope that a team is going to have the balls to appoint a manager that shows no respect to this nonsense. They will proceed to humiliate the cult followers and then the entire house of cards will collapse.
Big Sam’s only been out of work for six months

Puel has implanted a brand of football that no one enjoys and he doesn't pretend can be successful against top sides e.g. we had lost yesterday's game well before kick off. He picks up points against other struggling teams and will probably save us from relegation -and ruin. Is this what the owner wants?If so publicise it and save us the misery of watching. If not sack him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757