Post Match Leicester 1:1 Aston Villa (League Cup semi-final, 1st leg)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important thing to remember with this squad is it’s very young. Consistency and maturity come with extended exposure to first team football and high quality coaching. If we sold Chilwell for piss all at 23 we’d end up regretting it. If he were 28 and still blowing hot and cold I’d be more worried.
I absolutely agree with this in principle. I suppose, for me however, it's just that I haven't seen him improve defensively, one iota. If anything, he seems to have gotten worse! He's played a lot of PL games and he's never convinced me that he's a capable LB. He's had some fantastic games for us but there's no improvement in consistency. I would say he's effective in less than half of the games he plays over the course of a season. It's really frustrating because we have seen him perform brilliantly and you're absolutely right, he's just a kid. Maybe I'm being too impatient with him but one thing is for sure, he does my blood pressure no favours!

I absolutely agree with this in principle. I suppose, for me however, it's just that I haven't seen him improve defensively, one iota. If anything, he seems to have gotten worse! He's played a lot of PL games and he's never convinced me that he's a capable LB. He's had some fantastic games for us but there's no improvement in consistency. I would say he's effective in less than half of the games he plays over the course of a season. It's really frustrating because we have seen him perform brilliantly and you're absolutely right, he's just a kid. Maybe I'm being too impatient with him but one thing is for sure, he does my blood pressure no favours!
It’s also worth remembering Gareth Bale was once a young left back who couldn’t defend. I hear he’s done alright.

It was interesting to notice how much less patient the people sitting around me last night were than usual. These were mostly not the same people that usually sit there.

I wonder whether those of us that witnessed the tortuous Puel-ball of slow passing for the sake of it are just happy seeing quicker passing for the sake of it? Whereas those that don't see us often are less adjusted to the reality of football nowadays and just want a big man on and to get crosses in?

It was interesting to notice how much less patient the people sitting around me last night were than usual. These were mostly not the same people that usually sit there.

I wonder whether those of us that witnessed the tortuous Puel-ball of slow passing for the sake of it are just happy seeing quicker passing for the sake of it? Whereas those that don't see us often are less adjusted to the reality of football nowadays and just want a big man on and to get crosses in?
If you only ever watch highlights, you're going to get antsy when every pass doesn't lead to a chance. Curse of the content nowadays, its all geared towards exciting TV and people forget there are probably 3-5 points of real excitement in a match of football, not 100.

If you only ever watch highlights, you're going to get antsy when every pass doesn't lead to a chance. Curse of the content nowadays, its all geared towards exciting TV and people forget there are probably 3-5 points of real excitement in a match of football, not 100.

I'm enjoying being at the ground less and less, which considering we are 2nd in the Premier League and in the Semi final of a cup is just not right.

I actually hate huge parts of the match day experience. The ****ing light show with hideously loud, atmosphere sapping music, complete ****ing toss like the greatest showman being rammed into my eardrums at the same decibel level of a concord ****ing jet.

Numb to everything ****s, absolutely everywhere. Impatient, passionless mongs looking at their phone for at least 50% of the game.

Players smiling and joking with the opposition when they have just served up complete guff individual performances.

But most of all it's the dull, dreary and completely lazy atmosphere from 98% of the crowd who just can't be arsed.

I'm a moron, because I'll keep going, but mostly it's down to the pre-game pint with the old man and a shared passion for Leicester City.

I'm enjoying being at the ground less and less, which considering we are 2nd in the Premier League and in the Semi final of a cup is just not right.

I actually hate huge parts of the match day experience. The ****ing light show with hideously loud, atmosphere sapping music, complete ****ing toss like the greatest showman being rammed into my eardrums at the same decibel level of a concord ****ing jet.

Numb to everything ****s, absolutely everywhere. Impatient, passionless mongs looking at their phone for at least 50% of the game.

Players smiling and joking with the opposition when they have just served up complete guff individual performances.

But most of all it's the dull, dreary and completely lazy atmosphere from 98% of the crowd who just can't be arsed.

I'm a moron, because I'll keep going, but mostly it's down to the pre-game pint with the old man and a shared passion for Leicester City.
You’re not the only one. I love what’s being served up on the pitch but the matchday experience is lame. I don’t know where everyone’s sense of fun has gone since 2016 but being in the concourse or passing people on the way to your seat it’s just one face like a smacked arse after another.

I get that club wants to and needs to appeal to more than just a bunch of white blokes aged 18 to 65 but there’s expanding the ‘matchday experience’ and then there’s doing a light show to a Hugh Jackman musical number. They might as well just stick ITV on the big screen for people to gawp at. I could feel my cheeks going red when it finished, it was one of the most cringeworthy things I’ve seen at a football match.

Exactly. Grealish was superb in that match. We all know he's a slimey little arsehole but he is still an excellent footballer.
Would be one hell of a replacement for Maddison if he left.

He'll be following him to one of the previously good 'big clubs'

We will have to lower our target I would expect.

Yep. There's very little to choose between the two. Maddison's end product is probably better and he's the one I'd have out of the two right now but there is no denying that Grealish is an excellent player.

It's called getting older.

From the Beeb ...

No player had more shots (eight), shots on target (two) or created more chances (four) than Leicester's Maddison in this match, with Grealish having zero shots and recording just one key pass by comparison.

Grealish was their MotM

From the Beeb ...

Grealish was their MotM

He was McNulty's MotM. I used to read all the criticism of McNulty on the BBC post match comments and wonder what people were on about, I'm beginning to see why now. He's nothing but a tabloid hack.

Mings rightfully was MotM in their poll.

The press have decided that Grealish should play for England so they'll be like this until he does.

Shortly after that they will start hammering him.

I look at the pictures of the team in training sessions and I don't know why but Tielemans doesn't seem entirely happy to me. He's just a shadow of the player he should be.

I look at the pictures of the team in training sessions and I don't know why but Tielemans doesn't seem entirely happy to me. He's just a shadow of the player he should be.

He looked like someone owed him a living last night.

Something not right there at all.

Got to agree on Tielemans, he's been in a bit of poor form stretching back a few weeks now where he's looked a bit disinterested. By and large he's been half decent going forward but a bit dozy in possession and getting dispossessed. Last night he was giving the ball away a LOT and it was causing us real problems when the ball was turned over allowing Villa to counter attack through Grealish. Maybe could do with a bit of a rest. I think Hamza should be starting in the absence of Ndidi and for now we should be starting Maddison and Praet until Tielemans has got that fire back...

Maybe he's got SAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366