Post Match Leicester 1 - AS Roma 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and in the warm up, Nacho booted one shot into the crowd where my lad caught the ball.

Now proudly resting on the kitchen table.

Which is nice

Lookman MOTM again and Maddison not far behind.

Vardy ineffectual and we played so much better when he went off. Hard to see any difference between him and Daka at the moment.

Barnes pretty useless apart from getting a lucky pass from their defender for the goal.

Imagine if we were anything other than complete shite in the final 3rd of the pitch.

Tie would have been done.

Got tickets in the family stand fire sale on Tuesday evening, the performance made the trip from South Wales worth it. We controlled the match but as with last few games we’re not clinical enough and not scoring enough goals to win matches.

Lookman, Maddison, KDH (first half) all great. Vardy’s first five mins got us going, but he did drift out of the match.

watching Fofana live was a treat. Our defence is no longer comedy gold, thankfully.

why does Youri slip so often. It is consistently causing us potential damage

We bought Daka in to learn and emulate JV
Now, we can’t tell the difference ! Hmmm

We bought Daka in to learn and emulate JV
Now, we can’t tell the difference ! Hmmm

Well I could tell the difference

He made more innovative runs in the first five minutes than Daka has in the last five months

If you couldn’t see the difference then I’m afraid you do not understand what makes a striker of that type

He was, however, about as match fit as I am

Plus one is a Steptoe lookalike and the other is of colour, but besides that, you really would be hard-pressed

Roma boss Jose Mourinho, speaking to BT Sport: "Maybe it's a fair result. They had more of the ball but we knew that. We were organised, we defended well, we couldn't counter-attack as well as we could, we lost a few balls, a few possessions but the team was fantastic in attitude.

"We played an opponent with a different culture, a different intensity and to take everything to Rome is good for us. I'm not saying it's easy but it's good to go home with this result. Let's go for the final. I'm not speaking about the final in Tirana, but the 'final' in Rome.

"Nobody would believe this is a Conference League game. Credit to the competition to have a game of this level and a referee of this level. This game was too good for the Conference League."

On the performance of English defender Chris Smalling, Mourinho added: "He was fantastic, along with [Gianluca] Mancini, brave. To play against Vardy the way we did, Smalling is playing so so well. I'm happy with the players but a little bit frustrated as we could've had more of the ball in the second half."

Roma boss Jose Mourinho, speaking to BT Sport: "Maybe it's a fair result. They had more of the ball but we knew that. We were organised, we defended well, we couldn't counter-attack as well as we could, we lost a few balls, a few possessions but the team was fantastic in attitude.

"We played an opponent with a different culture, a different intensity and to take everything to Rome is good for us. I'm not saying it's easy but it's good to go home with this result. Let's go for the final. I'm not speaking about the final in Tirana, but the 'final' in Rome.

"Nobody would believe this is a Conference League game. Credit to the competition to have a game of this level and a referee of this level. This game was too good for the Conference League."

On the performance of English defender Chris Smalling, Mourinho added: "He was fantastic, along with [Gianluca] Mancini, brave. To play against Vardy the way we did, Smalling is playing so so well. I'm happy with the players but a little bit frustrated as we could've had more of the ball in the second half."
Not surprised he's bigging up his mate the ref.

They were dirty, breaking up the play at every opportunity by consistent fouling. They could easily have received 3 more bookings.

Did you see when his men were running on to treat an 'injured' player? He ran after them, caught them up and told them to slow down!

Did you see when his men were running on to treat an 'injured' player? He ran after them, caught them up and told them to slow down!
I assumed he was bollocking them because it meant Smalling would have to leave the pitch, like that time he did it at Chelsea and forced the physio out of the club because he’s a bullying ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4181
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263