Post Match Leicester 1 Aston Villa 2

Given the way Villa started the game with the space Bailey and Watkins found, I suspect that had we started with more attacking players, we would have been out of the match by half time.
The only reason we weren't is because of our GK. That's it. Waiting until you're two nil down before trying to actively score a goal isn't a barnstorming idea.

Because Villa were a bit shit. Not in a BN ‘Man City are shit’ way, but in a bang average ordinary there for the taking way. They’re a pale shadow of the team from last season imo.
In fact I would say that Fulham were the same, as were Tottenham in the second half.

Common factor could be that we actually made them look worse than they are, but that would assume we have tactics and a game plan.

Given the way Villa started the game with the space Bailey and Watkins found, I suspect that had we started with more attacking players, we would have been out of the match by half time.

Agree. With the quality we have then staying in the game for as long as we can is the best approach for now. It has (arguably) worked against Spurs and nearly worked in the other two games. A few mistakes have cost us. As the team develops I suspect we will see a more expansive approach earlier in the game.

just watching motd. Still not sure if Skipp’s challenge is a yellow or even a foul but he didn’t hell himself by looking at the ref.

If he doesn’t look at the ref to check he doesn’t force a decision. Learning point methinks.

I've been reading a lot of negativity towards Cooper this morning. Not really on here but the level of dislike towards him seems way out of perspective to me.

Is it because he was Forest manager? Or just people finding our decline impossible to accept?

Do people really think it would be any better with EM or anyone else? Not a chance.

People need to realise that we're starting all over again. Ipswich and Southampton have been able to recruit better than us this summer because we've lost our appeal and ability to compete.

Until the finances are sorted and the personnel running the club are improved, this is as good as it gets.

Is it because he was Forest manager? Or just people finding our decline impossible to accept?
I think it’s a mix of this, and unbelievably I think his looks plays a part as well.

I said it when he was appointed and I’ll say it again, he was the best option available to us. And a better option than Enzo for where we’re going to be at this season.

I've been reading a lot of negativity towards Cooper this morning. Not really on here but the level of dislike towards him seems way out of perspective to me.

Do people really think it would be any better with EM or anyone else? Not a chance.

People need to realise that we're starting all over again. Ipswich and Southampton have been able to recruit better than us this summer because we've lost our appeal and ability to compete.

Until the finances are sorted and the personnel running the club are improved, this is as good as it gets.
That negativity will continue until he responds to what we have seen all through preseason and for the first three league games. We are making the same mistakes over and over and over again and we aren't in any way trying to win games. That's a problem.

I like his interviews, he's a down to earth, honest chap and he comes across as someone who knows the game really well. I think he could also be a decent manager for us if he adjusted some of his thinking in playing more to our strengths from the start of a game but, so far, he hasn't.

It's nothing to do with his previous history or 'not accepting our decline'. I think pretty much every Leicester fan is expecting us to struggle hugely this season. But setting up in the way we have so far and letting teams walk all over us for 45 minutes is an acceptance of our fate. There's a reason he's only won 2 of his 28 away games in the PL and it could be this negative approach.

I think personally he's a decent manager who could do well with us but he's going to have to make some adjustments and quickly id he wants to get the majority of fans onside.

That negativity will continue until he responds to what we have seen all through preseason and for the first three league games. We are making the same mistakes over and over and over again and we aren't in any way trying to win games. That's a problem.

I like his interviews, he's a down to earth, honest chap and he comes across as someone who knows the game really well. I think he could also be a decent manager for us if he adjusted some of his thinking in playing more to our strengths from the start of a game but, so far, he hasn't.

It's nothing to do with his previous history or 'not accepting our decline'. I think pretty much every Leicester fan is expecting us to struggle hugely this season. But setting up in the way we have so far and letting teams walk all over us for 45 minutes is an acceptance of our fate. There's a reason he's only won 2 of his 28 away games in the PL and it could be this negative approach.

I think personally he's a decent manager who could do well with us but he's going to have to make some adjustments and quickly id he wants to get the majority of fans onside.

Yeah pretty much this - nobody really gives a **** who he managed before, he’s our manager now

Hopefully he learns from these first three games - but if he continues to set up to not even try and win games (especially home games) then he deserves all the stick that comes his way. Yesterdays first half (and 15 minutes of the second until we were 2-0 down) was pretty awful

Or maybe it is his looks. ****ing hell :043:

Or maybe it is his looks. ****ing hell :043:
You might want to check out social media.

Or even re-read the thread on here from when he was announced as manager.

I think we’d better with Enzo. And better looking, obviously.

Cooper is doing OK, been dealt a bad hand. He’s made some mistakes but that’s to be expected with a new squad and a lot of new players. I have hope he will figure it out but very little that we will be able to survive this season.

This is why I genuinely couldn’t believe people in 2023 saying relegation would be a good thing to have a reset. A reset was always going to leave as relegation fodder, back to 2014.

I thought we played quite well.

I’m pleased that we are progressing game on game as, to me, this is the single most important thing.

We could all argue that perhaps we haven’t shown enough attacking intent but realistically we may well have got battered by both Spurs and Villa (they both did to a certain extent and we were repeatedly rescued by the keeper).

We also need to factor in the number of new faces we are trying to introduce into the first team simultaneously, this isn’t easy to do.

I’m really pleased that we have been competitive to some extent or another in all three games and are steadily finding our feet.

We now have a couple of weeks off to try and galvanise the team and work on getting to know one another.

I expect that once we come back in a couple of weeks we will be much better again and hopefully picking up some points from then on (I think our solitary point thus far is about what I would have expected and accepted).

We need to give this all a bit of time and patience.

One thing that was quite obvious yesterday was the number of empty seats.

Officially, there were 31,725 there but that was clearly untrue. There were pockets of unoccupied seats all over the place.

I guess quite a few fans were away on holiday this week. That's when you'd hope that the resale would work but, with the horrific matchday prices, it's no wonder that many must have thought better of it. The other factor of course is the electronic tickets being less easy to pass on to friends and family.

In both games so far, I've noticed far fewer fans are leaving early. The atmosphere is also better. But we can't fill our ground.

One thing that was quite obvious yesterday was the number of empty seats.

Officially, there were 31,725 there but that was clearly untrue. There were pockets of unoccupied seats all over the place.

I guess quite a few fans were away on holiday this week. That's when you'd hope that the resale would work but, with the horrific matchday prices, it's no wonder that many must have thought better of it. The other factor of course is the electronic tickets being less easy to pass on to friends and family.

In both games so far, I've noticed far fewer fans are leaving early. The atmosphere is also better. But we can't fill our ground.

Match day ticket prices are ****ng obscene, that’s why

Will be plenty of ST holders using the sell back thing yesterday - with the Club trying to sell those seats for three or four times what ST holders are paying

Loads of empty seats in the kop, and I don’t blame them

Match day ticket prices are ****ng obscene, that’s why

Will be plenty of ST holders using the sell back thing yesterday - with the Club trying to sell those seats for three or four times what ST holders are paying

Loads of empty seats in the kop, and I don’t blame them
I was in the verge of going at 2.15pm. Could’ve made it but then decided to watch on my brother’s “dodgy box” at home. Not been to a match this season, so I really wanted to, but at these prices it’s hefty. I spend a lot of time abroad so god knows when I’ll go again. Bottom line, I’ve got bills to pay!!

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Liverpool49
4Aston Villa49
5Brighton48
6Nottm F48
7Chelsea47
8Newcastle37
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46
11Bournemouth45