Post Match Leicester 1 Barnsley 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
simple ...SGE was the better manager but in typical Leicester style 3 strikes and your out..then a panic appointment and yes the season is now over, still it was nice to dream in the summer promotion favourites MY ARSE !!!

Pearson has proven himself to be effective when given time and resources to build his own side.

We are dreadful currently, and we'd be better with Sven because it is his squad. When Pearson remolds in his image I think things will improve drastically...but that is not happening overnight.

Pearson clearly isn't very good at working with other people's players. In which case he needs to find his own.

Hmmmm he can put together an effective squad as he has done at Hull, but I think there is also an argument that Barmby is getting the best out of those same players.

IMO too many of the signings in the summer came for nothing but the money and what they thought would be an easy ride to the prem know it appears that dream has died too many have given up and thrown in the towel. The difference with Pearson is that he will bring players to the club who genuinely want to play for him and Leicester City, the problem throughout the season has been too many of our so called stars and big money signings lack the courage, ability or desire to scrap and battle to win games. The whole mentality and recruitment process of players over the past 18 months has been nothing but a shambles and I really believe that Pearson will change that but he must be given time to sort out the shit that Sven has created.

Last edited:
IMO too many of the signings in the summer came for nothing but the money and what they thought would be an easy ride to the prem know it appears that dream has died too many have given up and thrown in the towel. The difference with Pearson is that he will bring players to the club who genuinely want to play for him and Leicester City, the problem throughout the season has been too many of our so called stars and big money signings lack the courage, ability or desire to scrap and battle to win games. The whole mentality and recruitment process of players over the past 18 months has been nothing but a shambles and I really believe that Pearson will change that but he must be given time to sort out the shit that Sven has created.

I don't get where everyone gets this philosophy that Pearson's signings were excellent. yes he made some very shrewd acquisitions but he also signed some absolute dross as well.

..... that Pearson will change that but he must be given time to sort out the shit that Sven has created.

Sven must have been a FANTASTIC manager: with the team of total incompetents that he signed, he somehow managed to get us to only 2 points off the play off places.

One thing about Sven... he would have signed 2-3 players by now. Possible signed and sealed before the transfer window opened! - NOT that that is a good/bad thing compared to his current crop of signings.

What we needed to come in when Sven left was a manager who would shake up the dressing room and put underperformaing players like Wellens, Gally & King into place. NP has come in and had little impact whatsoever ... its some of the worst football made 20 x worse by the built up expectation in place from all the money spent!!!

I'm not saying NP should leave but this is worse than any period under Sven so something needs to click soon!

Did a decent job at a place called Leicester not too long ago.

He did well but looking at recent seasons getting to the playoffs after promotion from League 1 isn't the mean feat that most on here suggest.

Here we go.....Wellens was crap....blah blah blah...............FFS they were all ****ing useless.

I see your point but Wellens really was crap. He outdid his perfomances so far this season today. The problem is... if any player could get himself out of some bad form it would be Wellens because of his tough mental attitude. The fact he has slumped for so long baffles me.

I don't think it makes a difference whether Pearson didn't sign some of these players.

Surely it is his job to motivate all of the team.

Worst game I have ever seen Wellens play. Gallagher dreadful too. Totally inept, yet it's the fans whom are to blame according to Pearson. **** off you twat.

No doubt the midfield will get the usual scapegoating, but the back 4 were all absolutely dreadful today.

Not only were Barnsley absolutely walking through out defence, but going back to what we were discussing the other day, a good deal of our lack of creativity comes from our defence as well. I watched us specifically after thalking about that and I don't think we are a long ball team, just that Mills and Konchesky are long ball players, also explains why we playing long ball under SGE this season whereas we weren't last season. Every time either Konchesky or Mills got the ball today they just played it long completely missing out the midfield and I'm starting to think Mills and Konchesky are as big a problem to our lack of creativity and Gallagher and Wellens are, they're constantly missing out the midfield and giving the ball back to the opposition.

And the fans were absolutely shocking today, jeering from the first minute, who do you think that kind of atmosphere helps?

Last edited:
I don't think it makes a difference whether Pearson didn't sign some of these players.

Surely it is his job to motivate all of the team.

This. If he has said 'none of this is my fault' he has gone down in my opinion of him.

Schmeichel 7/10
Made 2 good saves. Sometimes needs to slow down his distribution.

Peltier 3/10
Provides no attacking threat whatsoever. Both goals came from his side. Good league 1 player.

Konchesky 6/10
He showed enough today to withstand heavy criticism although he gave a few simple passes away.

Mills 2/10
A perfomance similar to his game against Reading. All over the place. One of his long humps set up the goal but thats 1/15.

Tunchev 5/10
More composed but less involved than the other defenders. Did his thing quietly.

Wellens 2/10
Lacking the determination and guile he once had. Still slowing the play down with his 4 touches pre pass. Lost for words on this bloke.

King 3/10
He runs a lot but he has lost his goal scoring prescence entirely. Weak on the ball and non exsistant in forward movement.

Dyer 3/10
Don't get carried away with his goal, it was the only thing he brought to the game. His final ball is inexcusable for a winger. Headless.

Gallagher 2/10
Weak, lacking confidence, bad passing, frustrated, needs dropping.

Danns 3/10
Was carrying King & Wellens at times and having to drop off his man to run around the others. As creative as he was in the second hald at Forest he showed nothing here.

Nugent 5/10
Did a lot of running and towards the end tracked back further than the entire midfield- which of course left us with the grand total of ZERO strikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669