Post Match Leicester 1 Barnsley 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did well but looking at recent seasons getting to the playoffs after promotion from League 1 isn't the mean feat that most on here suggest.

You might do your argument more justice if you were able to give credit where it is due.

As it is you appear to have had the knives out for some time. Pearson did an excellent job in his first spell and has left Hull in a very healthy position.

Kasper kept the score down. Konch did Ok. Dyer tried his best. Dave Nugent ran around a bit. Everybody was utter shite. Wellens wasnt that good.

I don't think it makes a difference whether Pearson didn't sign some of these players.

Surely it is his job to motivate all of the team.

You have to admit there is something wrong when one of the best motivators we have seen at our club cannot get this group going. NP last time around got Bruno Berner & Martyn Waghorn playing like Ashley Cole & Wayne Rooney.

Sven's team was never this bad.

Millwall? Bristol City? Reading? And we were as low as 17th this season under SGE after the Bristol City game, so no idea what the people on the radio were going on about this being our lowest league position this season.

The team are scared and confused. Nobody looks up for it except Schmeichel and Konchesky who are the only consistently good players we have.

We are stinking up the league this season as overpaid underachievers.

In a way, it would be better to have got done 5-1 or something to force the issue with the squad and develop a siege mentality to try to kick start something. As it stands, we're not even consistent enough to be truly shit.

NP has a lot of credit with me and any sensible fan for his approach to the job last time. But I've seen no evidence of this approach since he's rejoined us.

If we lose on Tuesday, it could start to get very sticky.

Schmeichel 7/10
Made 2 good saves. Sometimes needs to slow down his distribution.

Peltier 3/10
Provides no attacking threat whatsoever. Both goals came from his side. Good league 1 player.

Konchesky 6/10
He showed enough today to withstand heavy criticism although he gave a few simple passes away.

Mills 2/10
A perfomance similar to his game against Reading. All over the place. One of his long humps set up the goal but thats 1/15.

Tunchev 5/10
More composed but less involved than the other defenders. Did his thing quietly.

Wellens 2/10
Lacking the determination and guile he once had. Still slowing the play down with his 4 touches pre pass. Lost for words on this bloke.

King 3/10
He runs a lot but he has lost his goal scoring prescence entirely. Weak on the ball and non exsistant in forward movement.

Dyer 3/10
Don't get carried away with his goal, it was the only thing he brought to the game. His final ball is inexcusable for a winger. Headless.

Gallagher 2/10
Weak, lacking confidence, bad passing, frustrated, needs dropping.

Danns 3/10
Was carrying King & Wellens at times and having to drop off his man to run around the others. As creative as he was in the second hald at Forest he showed nothing here.

Nugent 5/10
Did a lot of running and towards the end tracked back further than the entire midfield- which of course left us with the grand total of ZERO strikers.

What about about Beckfords 17 minutes on the pitch, surely he must take most of the blame?

You might do your argument more justice if you were able to give credit where it is due.

As it is you appear to have had the knives out for some time. Pearson did an excellent job in his first spell and has left Hull in a very healthy position.

I'm not disputing his first spell in charge was good and I was more than happy when we reached the play offs....but looking at the wider picture here, Norwich got promoted as Champions and went straight up and Southampton looks as though they are about to do the same. Pearson did well but other managers have done better with the same task, same resources and similar quads in the seasons after that so it does put things into perspective. He didn't work a miracle that season.

I give him the credit for putting the Hull team together that were hovering around the playoffs all season this term but since he's gone Barmby has added something to the mix that has given them more of a cutting edge ad have been in the play offs consistently since his departure. I'm not saying Barmby is a better manager, we have no idea about is ability to judge their potential but there is a suggestion he is better at getting results.

I'm just pointing to evidence that suggests that Pearson isn't as great as everyone makes out. He's a competent manager by all means but he's limited and I don't think he'll ever be a Premier League manager.

What about about Beckfords 17 minutes on the pitch, surely he must take most of the blame?

There was a moment which summed Beckford up perfectly tbf: tackled his own player to blaze 10 yards over the bar. I know people are happy to defend him for some reason, yet continue to scapegoat Wellens and Gallagher, despite the fact they've been nowhere near as bad as Beckford this season, but I think he may seriously be the greediest player I've ever seen for us, he's the absolute antithesis of a team player.

Let's play some theoreticals:

Had Pearson not been fired and replaced by Sousa do you think we would have continued to improve?

I'm of the opinion that if we had stuck with Pearson during that time and had he had the resources Sven was given...we would be in a very healthy place.

Millwall? Bristol City? Reading? And we were as low as 17th this season under SGE after the Bristol City game, so no idea what the people on the radio were going on about this being our lowest league position this season.

No one pays attention to the table until 5 games into the campaign. MOTD never used to show the table for the first few weeks of the season. you can't seriously be suggesting that because we were 17th after 3 games that we aren't realistically lower now. This is the lowest point of the season in more than just league position

IMO too many of the signings in the summer came for nothing but the money and what they thought would be an easy ride to the prem know it appears that dream has died too many have given up and thrown in the towel. The difference with Pearson is that he will bring players to the club who genuinely want to play for him and Leicester City, the problem throughout the season has been too many of our so called stars and big money signings lack the courage, ability or desire to scrap and battle to win games. The whole mentality and recruitment process of players over the past 18 months has been nothing but a shambles and I really believe that Pearson will change that but he must be given time to sort out the shit that Sven has created.

Cracking post. We've seen what Pearson can do first hand. He needs to get his own players in and form a squad that wants to win games, nt just pick up their pay cheques every week.

Given time he will sort this mess out that was left behind by the hopeless Ericsson.

Let's play some theoreticals:

Had Pearson not been fired and replaced by Sousa do you think we would have continued to improve?

I'm of the opinion that if we had stuck with Pearson during that time and had he had the resources Sven was given...we would be in a very healthy place.

Well one he was not sacked. It's a hard one to judge in all fairness but I'm sure we wouldn't have been bottom after 10 games. I don't think we would have been as consistent as were the season before, the confidence will have still taken a dent. I think a top 12 team would have bee a realistic achievement.

Also, Peltier has gone way off the boil recently. Hope his good start of the season doesn't just turn into be a "honeymoon period."

Shocking. One of Mills' better games but he's still staggeringly inept. Not just him though. Konch, shite. Wellens, shite. King, shite. Gallagher, Nugent, Beckford, shite, shite, shite. Either Pearson isn't getting his ideas across to the players, or he simply doesn't have any. Long balls into the corner only have a chance of working if someone actually chases them. The defending was shockingly naive. The passing was a disgrace. Beckford's shot that nearly hit me in row MM summed the game up for me.

Barnsley looked like a decent team, passed it around when needed, great on the break, confident in their abilities to get the result. Definitely the better side, deserved the win.

Well one he was not sacked. It's a hard one to judge in all fairness but I'm sure we wouldn't have been bottom after 10 games. I don't think we would have been as consistent as were the season before, the confidence will have still taken a dent. I think a top 12 team would have bee a realistic achievement.

So you think the road we have travelled since has been more effective.

We've had nearly 15 managers since O'neill...hasnt exactly been an effective management method, has it?

What we a witnessing is the effect of constant chopping and changing: a squad divided by who signed them and a fan base with no long term faith and a bad case of ADD.

Also, Peltier has gone way off the boil recently. Hope his good start of the season doesn't just turn into be a "honeymoon period."

He was decidedly poor today. Both goals coming from his side and there was a moment towards the end where we had a lot of players in the box and Danns was under pressure on the right from 2 Barnsley players and he did not offer him a pass ad ultimately got dispossessed. He rightly straight after was asking where were people to help him out. Other people should've offered an option as well but Peltier should have been on the flank too and he was nowhere to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669