Post Match Leicester 1 Brighton 0 FA Cup R5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relief. Maddison coming on was the key for us. Daley Campbell unspectacular but did his future chances no harm. Perez absolute horseshit. Under not much better although at least he picked up a bit second half.

If you want to get over the borefest tonight I can reccomend the trum trial on BBC news.

Thankful America is so backwards it literally airs its dirty laundry in public.

Some of the footage is ridiculous

What a game!!

Really pleased for Nacho man though and it was a really well taken header too.

Feel a bit sorry for Perez though as he is no worse than he has ever been. He's lucky to have 1 good minute in 10 let alone 1 good game in 10 but that's always been the case.

I hope Rodgers looks at Fabinho, Henderson at centre half with no real protection in front of them and decides to go tits out agains them in terms of attacking intent. OR they play one of the two newbies and they have a mare.
Personally I hope Perez and Under don't play.

If Justin misses even 1 game then it's a massive mistake from Rodgers. He shouldn't have even been playing.

Youri who has looked tired for weeks got another 90 minutes for some reason?

I'm pleased to go through but that selection and tactics was a screw up from Rodgers.

Pleased that Vardy and Ndidi got minutes but based on tonight's showing they are not ready for Liverpool.

On Daley-Campbell the article I read when we signed him was wrong he’s still only 19, still wouldn’t count him as from our academy mind you.

I thought he played very well and like like Thomas last season didn’t look out of his depth

Not in the James Maddison league of interviews and good knows how they've managed to find 5 mins of highlights from our match tonight!?

All in all I'd have to say that in a way the ending was worth waiting for.

That has to be the worst defending in the history of football doesn't it? I mean how exactly can TEN players fail to pick up the ONLY opposition player within 20 yards of the goal? What else was there for them to do?

Other than that though the highlight for me was reading the link about the 1979 Arsenal/ Sheff Wed replays posted in the pre match thread. Brought back a few wistful memories.

"restaurant" time? Is that some kind of weird auto-subtitling??

Nacho's goal owed more to their switching off, as that pic illustrates so well. Mr Hatcher finished well, and was well found by Youri's lovely dinked cross, but he had acres of time and space. It was a number 9 being where a number 9 should be at finishing as they ought (at any level) Not taking anything away, it was a bread-and-butter goal, but tbh I have so say I was mainly pleased that someone, anyone found the net (legitimately) I'd obviously prefered it to be be us but I can't say the thought of "restaurant" time filled me with glee

Luke Thomas looked like he didn't trust Perez and so didn't get forward.

I said before the match, and again during, that I couldn't work out the tactics. Someone mentioned Rodgers was just giving people games, and it looked like that to me. It seemed to me that wing backs AND wingers, wasn't working - on either side. Perez and Under looked useless, couldn't get into the game, and I don't think this is entirely their fault - their space was being compressed. This has happened to Barns before now, when Chilwell was behind him. Further, maybe having Justin at left CB (when he shouldn't have even been on the pitch imho) exasperated, as his desire/recent history is to push forward too. I don't know if that's a shape problem or how we use it - that is, a tactical one. It's overloading our own space out wide yet leaving the central no 10 position wasteland (Youri being expected to fulfill 2 roles) Maybe Rodgers wanted Perez and Under to take it up as and when? 2nd half, I saw too many desperate hoof balls towards Vardy....

... oh well, we're through. That's all that matters in the context of this competition, where you pick a team for the day. And Daly-Campbell looked solid, did enough to be remembered.

Something that really struck me, and I have to remark on, was what a classy player Soyuncu is. Seriously, that guy looked so calm and reassured (for the most part, I remember a fly-hacked semi-clearance) - a seasoned pro, such a mature performance, years ahead of his time. As I watched I thought we're going to need some resolve, not to mention his desire, to hang on to him this summer - or an absolute shit-load of cash in return. Enjoy him while you can, because sadly I reckon there's a high chance that we'll lose him.

93 minutes and 40 seconds of zero quality dross followed by a quick corner from Under, perfect chip from Tielemans and nodded home by Nacho....while Brighton's 10 men stand in the box and wait expectantly for Maddison to come up and take/stuff up the corner.
Other than that- really hope Justin recovers quickly.

Other than that though the highlight for me was reading the link about the 1979 Arsenal/ Sheff Wed replays posted in the pre match thread. Brought back a few wistful memories.
My best mate ( Arsenal fan ) went to all three games, he reckoned he knew Leicester better than me afterwards, after the second game he didn't bother coming back to Harlow, he stayed in a B & B..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757