Post Match Leicester 1 Bristol City 0

I'll say it how I saw it.

We improved from our previous home matches against a side that were better than Coventry or Cardiff. We had better control and moved the ball quicker.

Was it enjoyable to watch? Yes it was. Was it exciting? No, not really.

For all our control of the game we had precious little to show for it. Ndidi was excellent and I adored the erratic craziness from Fatawu, but apart from that it was all very predictable. Our way of playing at home is still very much a work in progress. I believe that it will come together but it really isn't there yet. One penalty from our last two home matches is pretty conclusive evidence that we are not creative enough.

I thought our management of Doyle was stupid. Ironic considering Dave Rennie was sat in the opposition dugout. Doyle injured himself in the first minute and was clearly struggling for the entire half. The bench signalled to him to go down for treatment but he waved them away. A strong physio takes charge in such a situation but ours just let him carry on hobbling about. If he has damaged his knee, it's a self-inflicted absence.

I thought Justin looked excellent in the second half. He was more like the 'old' Justin than I've seen since his return from injury. Aside from a superb penalty, Vardy was anonymous and Dewsbury-Hall was terrible for the most part. McAteer looked very energetic when he came on.

We had a couple of bombscare moments. Ricardo passed the ball straight to a Bristol forward. Also, Hemansen dropped a simple ball at one point and got away with it. Two scenarios that get punished in the PL but we get away with in the Championship.

Overall, I was never bored enough to nod off but I'd really quite like us to do more. Fatawu aside, the attacking threat was nowhere near enough.
Talk about a glass half empty, somebody drank yours!

**** me they were shit.

Worst team we've played, a nothing team.

The change in Wilf has been quite staggering. To me inthe past he never looked completely comfortable going forward with the ball and his passing at times wasn't the best. Today he was outstanding, beating players, showing exceptional close control and his passing was very good. Maresca appears to be a very good coach and saw something there that no one else has.

Just as an aside, I noticed that Aiyawatt wasn't there but his older brother Apichet was.

Although Apichet has been Vice Chairman since 2014, he rarely appears at matches and I don't think I've ever noticed him there without Aiyawatt.

I've always had the impression that he wasn't really into football/us but maybe not.

Just a bit of bigger picture context for where the Srivaddhanaprabha family are with us these days.

Nigel Pearson is one of our best ever managers. God bless him a fast recovery and an amazing career. He wasn't perfect but he built a togetherness out of this world. Don't give a shit about his tactical limits, Nige is a Leicester Legend. Welcome round mine for a curry anytime
Nige is god.

The change in Wilf has been quite staggering. To me inthe past he never looked completely comfortable going forward with the ball and his passing at times wasn't the best. Today he was outstanding, beating players, showing exceptional close control and his passing was very good. Maresca appears to be a very good coach and saw something there that no one else has.

First game of the season for me. What a difference a decent manager makes. And players that seem to give a shit. High-quality passing throughout the team. Despite that, it didn’t feel like we had too many clear cut chances, but this will come. Interestingly, the teenagers next to me were getting very impatient with the style of play. When I asked why, they said it was because of the disaster of last season, trying to play out from the back. Don’t worry guys, Dan Amartey doesn’t play for us anymore. And our manager seems to know what the hell he’s doing.

Players have improved and the quality of football is very high. We’re set to do very well this season. And thank god, because the football in the championship isn’t great to watch. Special shoutout to Harry Winks, who looked a class above.

If you take the 900 passes overall and divide that by the duration of the game there were 10 passes per minute with us completing 6.5 of those.

You can probably take off a couple of seconds for each pass for all the other stuff that goes on during a game (free kicks, throw ins, injuries and so on)

Therefore roughly we are passing the ball about every 4 seconds on average.

I wonder is EM has a target of something like a pass every 3 seconds, which would really tire out an opposing team?

If you take the 900 passes overall and divide that by the duration of the game there were 10 passes per minute with us completing 6.5 of those.

You can probably take off a couple of seconds for each pass for all the other stuff that goes on during a game (free kicks, throw ins, injuries and so on)

Therefore roughly we are passing the ball about every 4 seconds on average.

I wonder is EM has a target of something like a pass every 3 seconds, which would really tire out an opposing team?
When there is talk of tiring teams out I always think of this...

And then this is us trying it in the premiership

First game of the season for me. What a difference a decent manager makes. And players that seem to give a shit. High-quality passing throughout the team. Despite that, it didn’t feel like we had too many clear cut chances, but this will come. Interestingly, the teenagers next to me were getting very impatient with the style of play and said this was because of the way we played last season. Don’t worry guys, Dan Amarty

I'll say it how I saw it.

Was it enjoyable to watch? Yes it was. Was it exciting? No, not really.
Why does it have to be exciting? Can't you just appreciate the skills and athleticism of the players? Admire a good pass or a fine headed clearance?

I love watching us play out from the back. it's really getting to be very clever and skilful. Watching players like Wilf and Vestergaard develop and improve is fantastic without having to be exciting.

Just enjoy the football for what it is. No one goes to the ballet or the opera or visits an art gallery to be excited.

Why does it have to be exciting? Can't you just appreciate the skills and athleticism of the players? Admire a good pass or a fine headed clearance?

I love watching us play out from the back. it's really getting to be very clever and skilful. Watching players like Wilf and Vestergaard develop and improve is fantastic without having to be exciting.

Just enjoy the football for what it is. No one goes to the ballet or the opera or visits an art gallery to be excited.

Sensational post. I found that exceptionally entertaining. :036:

Because he must have something to criticise. It's the way some folk work. Unless they can prove to everyone else how clever they are and how much more they know than any 'so called expert', they're not ever truly happy. When things are going really well this is difficult of course, so they focus on the minutiae because, well, it's a quick and easy fix for their compulsion to complain.

The vast majority of fans are riding the crest of the wave whilst it happens, knowing that it could collapse underneath them but not caring because the surf is good. A small minority of fans however, secretly can't wait for the wave to flatten so they can shout about how they never felt the wave was ever that great in the first place.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463