Post Match Leicester 1 Bristol City 0

First game of the season for me. What a difference a decent manager makes. And players that seem to give a shit. High-quality passing throughout the team. Despite that, it didn’t feel like we had too many clear cut chances, but this will come. Interestingly, the teenagers next to me were getting very impatient with the style of play and said this was because of the way we played last season. Don’t worry guys, Dan Amarty
Well, shows me for only posting once in a blue moon

This was my third game of the season and first home win.

It was interesting seeing the defensive system at work. The dedication to playing it out from the back is quite a spectacle and it's amazing seeing how Faes, Vestergaard and Hermansen interact to make it work.

It was a shame we couldn't score a proper goal from open play but there were plenty of chances. I guess that's not too much to worry about. Winks was absolutely faultless and I can't really work out why he opted to play in the Championship.

It was absolutely iconic to see Pearson standing in the middle of the pitch with his crutches, being clapped by everyone. It was quite moving, too, that at the same time Andy King and Matty James were walking around the ground while everyone was singing the Andy King song. I went to the Hull game in 2010 (when Pearson was their manager) and where there was a very sentimental display after the final whistle. I love these moments in football.

This was my third game of the season and first home win.

It was interesting seeing the defensive system at work. The dedication to playing it out from the back is quite a spectacle and it's amazing seeing how Faes, Vestergaard and Hermansen interact to make it work.

It was a shame we couldn't score a proper goal from open play but there were plenty of chances. I guess that's not too much to worry about. Winks was absolutely faultless and I can't really work out why he opted to play in the Championship.

It was absolutely iconic to see Pearson standing in the middle of the pitch with his crutches, being clapped by everyone. It was quite moving, too, that at the same time Andy King and Matty James were walking around the ground while everyone was singing the Andy King song. I went to the Hull game in 2010 (when Pearson was their manager) and where there was a very sentimental display after the final whistle. I love these moments in football.
I wish I had been there to see that.

Something else on this game: I kept noticing Ricardo in a defensive midfield position. He was clearly not in the right-back position. Is that some kind of system where we have a different formation in possession than not in possession?

Something else on this game: I kept noticing Ricardo in a defensive midfield position. He was clearly not in the right-back position. Is that some kind of system where we have a different formation in possession than not in possession?

We've been doing this all season. Ricardo moves into midfield when we have the ball, right back when we don't. So we have a back three when we're in possession.

Yes, that’s the way we have played all season

Back three in possession, with full back joining Winks in midfield - sort of (but not always) reverts to back four out of possession

They’ve started wearing blue kits and long socks n’all ;)

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463