Post Match Leicester 1 Bristol City 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sven has work to do, sorting out his best eleven, to many players to many choices.

I don't think that he has the requisite tactical knowledge to take us to the Premiership. He has been out witted by the likes of Keith Millen and Brian McDermott (the latter having sold two of his best players - Mills and Long). Sorry, but he has to go (to save face, move him into the Director of Football role a la Bassett and employ someone like Lee Clarke)

I don't think that he has the requisite tactical knowledge to take us to the Premiership. He has been out witted by the likes of Keith Millen and Brian McDermott (the latter having sold two of his best players - Mills and Long). Sorry, but he has to go (to save face, move him into the Director of Football role a la Bassett and employ someone like Lee Clarke)

Whilst I think the third sentence is utter rubbish. I completely agree on the second part, he's been out-done tactically by those pair twice in two seasons.

Will everybody just please calm down!! We are a new team (in regards to players) can't we just let them settle and see what happens.
If in ten games time we are still playing badly then moan,but for now sit back,relax,and hopefully watch us improve game by game.
And FFS get behind the team.

It's a post match thread where we are simply passing our opinion on what we have seen

Not a hard concept to understand

I find it hard to understand when theres a lot of talk about letting the team settle in etc, funny how we didnt have any problems in pre season???

Yes this guy is real ,hes watched the first three games ,he sees not the slightest improvement in the squad ,,for me sven hasnt shown any way of motivating his players, theres isnt any point in getting a striker when you keep playing the ball side to side ,and never going forward, by the time ,they play down the channels,the oppositions defence is back covering,this is typical of svens tactics ,going nowhere,theres more than players in this set up and the manager should look to himself to lay some of the blame.i still give him 4 weeks, these owners want the prem ,they wont stand any messing.

I find it hard to understand when theres a lot of talk about letting the team settle in etc

I could understand that excuse being rolled out if we had been beaten by an average-good team. The fact we were beaten by Bristol ****ing City leaves me able to accept no excuses whatsoever.

I hate football again. Back to earth with a bang. Never saw us conceding a hatful.

Guessing you guys are wondering where the next win is coming from? Well let me tell you it wont be Brighton on the 17th Sept.
What a solid looking outfit they are. Gave us nothing all night. Big well organised defence. Every member of the team could pass well. And Mackail-Smith is a right handful. They're gonna win a lot of games.
Suppose at least we know where to strengthen now.
No need for me to say how bad a result this is for you.

Yes this guy is real ,hes watched the first three games ,he sees not the slightest improvement in the squad ,,for me sven hasnt shown any way of motivating his players, theres isnt any point in getting a striker when you keep playing the ball side to side ,and never going forward, by the time ,they play down the channels,the oppositions defence is back covering,this is typical of svens tactics ,going nowhere,theres more than players in this set up and the manager should look to himself to lay some of the blame.i still give him 4 weeks, these owners want the prem ,they wont stand any messing.

How on Earth can you possibly think that they commas in that lot belong where you have put them?

I hate football again. Back to earth with a bang. Never saw us conceding a hatful.

Guessing you guys are wondering where the next win is coming from? Well let me tell you it wont be Brighton on the 17th Sept.
What a solid looking outfit they are. Gave us nothing all night. Big well organised defence. Every member of the team could pass well. And Mackail-Smith is a right handful. They're gonna win a lot of games.

You need to be careful, lose one more and you'll need to sack your manager apparently.

While I'm still mighty pissed off at last night's result and performance you never know, this might just turn out to be our new Martin O'Neill/ Sheffield United turning point. I wouldn't put money on it, and if I did I'd want ****ing good odds, but you never know!!

Last edited:
I find it hard to understand when theres a lot of talk about letting the team settle in etc, funny how we didnt have any problems in pre season???
Are you comparing a series of glorified training sessions to competitive football matches against sides hungry for early points?

I don't see why there was anything wrong with making five changes for the game last night, including dropping Mills. If we're going to have such a large squad, it has to be the mentality that you need to deliver the goods to keep your place. The problem with this philosophy is losing consecutive games. And bringing in the likes of St. Ledger or Gallagher and then them playing like prize goons too. The competitive ethos goes out of the window and all you're left with is confusion and sniping within the squad. I'd be amazed if this hasn't already started.

Sven will need his calmness and experience to deal with this group of players. Given the experience of a similar scenario at the back end of last season, he's certainly not proved to us that he's up to managing it.

Another point worthy of note is the strange results everywhere in the Championship this season so far. Half of all results have been away wins. The 4-5-1, sit deep and break away tactic works really well against all teams in this league, not just us. It will be the teams that can use this tactic away from home and develop a suitable counter to it at home that will be successful. On the evidence of the last few days, we're miles away from getting there.

Are you comparing a series of glorified training sessions to competitive football matches against sides hungry for early points?

It is also worth pointing out that, despite the standard of the opposition, we only scored once in the final three warm up games. So, we've scored a consolation goal, a set piece and a long range shot that the keeper messed up in the last 540 mins of action with our first choice players. The warning signs were there in pre-season too.

As I said before the start of the season your lads are on the decline and talking up Brighton isn't going to make any difference.

I'm well aware that we are probably in a mess but I'm also confident that you will be going nowhere at the end of the season.

I also think that we were starting to show some real potential last night when we got back to 1-1, but St Ledger's **** up put paid to it as they then went back to defending deep. No matter what tactics you play or what the manager says, you cannot account for **** ups like that. Had he not made it, I honestly think we might have gone on to scrape a victory.

As I said before the start of the season your lads are on the decline and talking up Brighton isn't going to make any difference.

I'm well aware that we are probably in a mess but I'm also confident that you will be going nowhere at the end of the season.
Well at least I'm now confident of not being relegated. Thanks for the boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669