Post Match Leicester 1 Bristol City 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why there was anything wrong with making five changes for the game last night, including dropping Mills. If we're going to have such a large squad, it has to be the mentality that you need to deliver the goods to keep your place. The problem with this philosophy is losing consecutive games. And bringing in the likes of St. Ledger or Gallagher and then them playing like prize goons too. The competitive ethos goes out of the window and all you're left with is confusion and sniping within the squad. I'd be amazed if this hasn't already started.

Sven will need his calmness and experience to deal with this group of players. Given the experience of a similar scenario at the back end of last season, he's certainly not proved to us that he's up to managing it.

Another point worthy of note is the strange results everywhere in the Championship this season so far. Half of all results have been away wins. The 4-5-1, sit deep and break away tactic works really well against all teams in this league, not just us. It will be the teams that can use this tactic away from home and develop a suitable counter to it at home that will be successful. On the evidence of the last few days, we're miles away from getting there.

You make some good points and I agree that people siting the changes made as the cause of the bad performance have been duped by a bit of misdirection. I think the changes that Sven made were all justified based on what I saw at Reading. Change is part and parcel of the game anyway and players should expect that with such a big squad. I still think alot of our problems are down to fragile confidence throughout the squad and other mental issues to do with handling the pressure, or rather not handling it.

I also think that we were starting to show some real potential last night when we got back to 1-1, but St Ledger's **** up put paid to it as they then went back to defending deep. No matter what tactics you play or what the manager says, you cannot account for **** ups like that. Had he not made it, I honestly think we might have gone on to scrape a victory.

Certainly, it was almost a matter of time before we took the lead at that point, then after the blunder the confidence was shot again. Sven obviously said the right things at half time and identified the problem areas. Like I say, fragile confidence throughout the squad. What puzzles me is why we just can't start the first half like this as we came out very well in the beginning of the second half of the Reading game too.

The problem is that the players are shit scared of making any mistakes at the minute, because the second they do, our own fans crucify them. It must be great coming here as an away side at the minute, our fans are doing their job for them.

I think we'd see a positive improvement in the attitude of the team if there was a positive improvement in the attitude of the fans

I wonder if our pitch is too fast.

Now before you start laughing, we seem to have put in a couple of reasonable perfomances away from home but on our new (partly synthetic pitch) much of our passing seems to be going astray, balls seem to be too long for our players to chase down.

Maybe I'm clutching at straws here but it may be that we need to get used to the pitch before our slick passing game can be as effective.

Just a thought. (Ducks down and prepares for incoming).

The problem is that the players are shit scared of making any mistakes at the minute, because the second they do, our own fans crucify them. It must be great coming here as an away side at the minute, our fans are doing their job for them.

Of course

It's all the fans fault

Super stuff. Really super. And special :038:

I also think that we were starting to show some real potential last night when we got back to 1-1, but St Ledger's **** up put paid to it as they then went back to defending deep. No matter what tactics you play or what the manager says, you cannot account for **** ups like that. Had he not made it, I honestly think we might have gone on to scrape a victory.

The main question is why the hell we went so deep, we were chasing the game and needed to get at them.

I think we'd see a positive improvement in the attitude of the team if there was a positive improvement in the attitude of the fans

Absolute nonsense. The supporters all went to the game last night to support their team. At the slightest whiff of a bit of skill or good play, we rose from our seats in encouragement. But these instances were few are far between because the team were horseshit, not because I didn't go e-i-e-i-e-i-o enough.

And I boo'd at the final whistle, along with many of those who were still in the stadium. I didn't boo during the game. And the likes of Wellens with his pompously puffed up attitude, can feck right off if he thinks he deserves anything more.

You think it helps?

Wot e sed:

Absolute nonsense. The supporters all went to the game last night to support their team. At the slightest whiff of a bit of skill or good play, we rose from our seats in encouragement. But these instances were few are far between because the team were horseshit, not because I didn't go e-i-e-i-e-i-o enough.

You pay your ticket, you have the right. When Leicester scored, I should imagine people were cheering then right? FFS people, come on.. We have been touted as favourites for the league title, spent ludicrously, and after all that marketing you can see clearly where the disappointment lies surely? Sven will have known this would be coming if we don't get off to a good start, he is a very experienced manager and will sort this out.

After ive been to the forest game saturday ,i think ill be paid with travelling for all the s**t so far ,id say ill be wasted about £130 ,id say we have right to complain,and having listened to svens statement about the game last night, he says we played better, (where the feck did he get that one from ,

After suffering a second shock home defeat of the season to Bristol City midweek, Leicester City’s manager has a hill to climb to get them in The Premier League…

Buy a stiker

Last season Leicester City scored 76 goals, which is on par for promotion, but only three players netted more than five goals in the League and one of them – Yakubu (11 goals) – isn’t at the club any more, which ain’t great.

Strangely, to compound matters, the other two players who did get more than five League goals – Andy King (15) and Paul Gallagher (10) – have been relegated to the bench for the first couple of matches which leaves a 36-goal-sized headache for Sven, partly of his own making.

So while ‘sign a striker’ sounds obvious, and it probably is, it is also an absolute must.

There have been moves to try and bring Yakubu back to the King Power Stadium but his wages seem to be a sticking point. The club’s also missed out on LA-bound Robbie Keane (although as we don’t play in green that’s probably no bad thing) and Shane Long, who bizarrely decided he wanted to play in the Premier League. Everton’s Jermaine Beckford and Bristol City’s Nicky Maynard have also been mentioned as targets, among a not inconsiderable list of others.

Sort out their form away from home

Last season Leicester had the fourth best home record in the division but they were woeful away from home with the 17th best record. If Sven wants his boys to win promotion he needs to sort this as a matter of urgency as away form is a marginally better barometer of success than what teams do at home. Don’t believe me? Well, *adjusts train-spotter specs* check the stats; of the twenty teams to finish in the Championship’s top two over the last 10 years, only seven have had the best home record, whereas eight have had the best away record. Yet, perhaps more significantly only one of those 20 teams (Birmingham in 2008/09) had an away record worse than third best yet conversely six had a home record worse than third best.

While ‘sign a striker’ sounds obvious, and it probably is, it is also an absolute must.

Don’t believe the hype

OK, we have the billionaire owners and the superstar manager who’s been spunking money like Billy Big Bollocks all close season so it’s little wonder that the club were pre-season favourites to take the Championship title. But let’s not forget it wasn’t so long ago that City went into administration without having points docked, only to gain promotion to the Premier League in the same season, something which still rankles with some opposition supporters. So the reality is that every team sees Leicester as a scalp. Furthermore, despite spending in excess of £10m the team only has the look of a very good Championship team, promotion is far from guaranteed.

Sven needs to work out his best 11. Fast.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Sven and I reckon he’ll get it right but the first home game of the season – against Reading – was dire (not Lloyd Dyer, you understand) with a sense that the team was too defensive and had no creative spark. That the team’s performance was so poor makes it harder to understand why two of last season’s most consistent midfield performers, King and Gallagher, started on the bench. The influx of new signings means that things will take time to gel, but this is exactly what Sven gets paid to sort out, no? With the amount of money that’s been pumped into the club the pressure is on, and this year the Championship looks particularly strong, so what City can’t afford is to be playing catch up after a slow start.

Finally, the fans must be patient

Wow! Bloody hell! Come on guys! OK the defeat at home to Reading was more than a little disappointing but that was only the SECOND game of the season and yet it still spawned a deluge of fan forum posts bemoaning the fact the team was ‘only’ in 15th place. Like I said, in case you didn’t know: THE SEASON’S HARDLY STARTED.

Others were moved to ask whether Sven is the messiah or a just a mercenary. Clue: He’s neither. But he is one of the most experienced and successful managers working in Europe today, so d’ya know what? I say let’s give him a little bit more time. And while we’re at it, let’s not forget that many of the players brought in on loan last season have gone while over the summer he’s signed more than 10 replacements so it’s a much changed team which will take time to gel. One swallow (defeat) does not a summer (season) make. If we’re still 15th after 20 games, then we can start calling the Swede a turnip.

Just love a club in turmoil, it's usually us but great looking in and laughing

How is it that people I know who could not care less about football still know that we have lost two matches in a row. They then point this information out to me in case being a season ticket holder I had not noticed the losses.

How is it that Forest don't give a shit about us yet they are always fecking on about us....

How is it that people I know who could not care less about football still know that we have lost two matches in a row. They then point this information out to me in case being a season ticket holder I had not noticed the losses.

You should have put this in the 'people who piss you off' thread DG:018:

:icon_bigg

We cant blame the players for this ,,to many changes, they are totally lost in this system of play ,i dont think they want to play for sven ,i think he had better watch his arse ,ill give him another 4 games then hes gone.

Will everybody just please calm down!! We are a new team (in regards to players) can't we just let them settle and see what happens.
If in ten games time we are still playing badly then moan,but for now sit back,relax,and hopefully watch us improve game by game.
And FFS get behind the team.

It's a post match thread where we are simply passing our opinion on what we have seen

Not a hard concept to understand

Eco has made a very sensible point. He has not said that he does not understand the panic of some of the posters. It is easy to single out alli but he has not been the worst poster to over-react. At the start of the match many people around me thought that replacing Mills with St Ledger was right and after Saturday it was not unreasonable. You may remember that in post 85 someone claims dropping Mills for St Ledger "was bordering on insane."

Yes Homer it is a football forum and people can pass on opinions however silly. Eco is equally entitled to pass on sensible ones as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669