Post Match Leicester 1 Chelsea 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimately, it is completely unacceptable that just when we are at the most important time in our season with so much riding on the next match that our manager and club is dealing yet again with the consequences of his behaviour.

Nigel is making sure that nobody is talking about Konchesky being a liability the other night or that we paid several million too much for Ulloa. Quite simply he is keeping the attention away from the players and for that reason I suspect the team still really do play for him.

My take on it was that, as the most senior Midlands football reporter, Pat Murphy had had enough of colleagues being treated disgracefully by NP and so went into the press conference determined to stand up for them. Let's not forget that Pat Murphy is an excellent journalist who has conducted a most impressive array of interviews with Midlands based players and managers for more than two decades. Even prickly sods like Clough or O'Neill opened up to him.

I thought that Murphy decided that NP was getting away with treating people in his profession like scumbags to be abused and humiliated at will. I have no doubt that the talk of the tv, radio and press media in the Midlands is exactly as Murphy described. They think they're being fair and doing their jobs but NP is determined to use them as pawns in his absurd games. Murphy decided that, as the senior journo in the area, it was up to him to stand up for his colleagues and I thought he did this excellently.

The reaction of NP was the reaction of standing up to a bully in the playground. He was caught out for what he was. I've no idea if this behaviour is typical of NP with his employees at the football club or his private life. However, his way of dealing with the media has always been unacceptable. His ban on Stringer is pathetic. He alienated the equivalent journo's in Hull too. He's pissed off Sky reporters, national BBC reporters and national press. Frankly, the only media people he hasn't alienated are those that are gutless and too scared to challenge him. Exactly as it is with any bully. As well as all this of course, he's also been fined for verbally abusing a supporter this season.

It's about time someone told him that he was essentially being a twat to his face and I applaud Murphy for doing so.

Just because he is our football clubs manager, doesn't mean whatever he says or does goes with impunity. The fact that so many City fans constantly defend his absurd and pathetic behaviour is demeaning to them as individuals and us as a club. It's akin to a partner refusing to blame the perpetrator of domestic violence. I'm quite sure (as John Percy intimated yesterday), that Vichai won't be comfortable with the image his manager constantly restates. As with Billy Davies at Florist, the behaviour of the manager may be the thing that makes his position untenable.

Ultimately, it is completely unacceptable that just when we are at the most important time in our season with so much riding on the next match that our manager and club is dealing yet again with the consequences of his behaviour.

I am sorry son, you are daft.

Nigel is making sure that nobody is talking about Konchesky being a liability the other night or that we paid several million too much for Ulloa. Quite simply he is keeping the attention away from the players and for that reason I suspect the team still really do play for him.

That's an interesting theory, but a sensible one. A journalist could be forgiven for making a similar point about Kramaric, especially when you consider Hull paid £3.5 million for N'Doye.

I have no doubt that the talk of the tv, radio and press media in the Midlands is exactly as Murphy described.

What? Despite the solid evidence to the contrary, already mentioned in this thread?

I'm amazed that you think I, for one, am demeaning myself by being accepting Pearson's behaviour. My reaction to that is to respond in the same way as Pearson did with Murphy and to say, "That is your opinion, is it? So what?"

I've always thought Pat Murphy was a person with a very high opinion of himself, which I don't think has ever been backed up by his work IMO. His intervention yesterday was so predictable, how very brave of him standing up to that big bad bullly Pearson. Of course, journalists have never bullied anyone, ever.

I actually felt Pat Murphy set out to bully Pearson into submission. He failed miserably.

I think Pearson is a bit of a bastard.

Plenty of successful people are.

The amount of a bastard you can be is directly aligned with how good you are. Eventually, even then, people tire of it.

You mean like the F!"£$t fans tired of Clough, etc., etc., etc.?

Everyone talking about Big Bad PeesToN, and lumping pressure all over him

No one talking about the game on Saturday, and all of the pressure being taken off the players

There is no way that this whole load of complete nonsense is an accident. If it works we should recognise what is going on, and applaud it.

Hmm. You're suggesting that NP is deliberately attracting attention in order to deliberately deflect attention? Surely, not having the attention at all is better - no?

Your twisting of reality is of course total nonsense. In order to demonstrate this I have taken the liberty of checking back over his previous two main instances of twattishness to see how this deliberate deflecting of attention served us so well before.

Except of course it didn't. The game after the '**** off and die' incident - we lost. The game after the strangling McArthur incident - we lost.

The best way of handling Wednesday's post match interviews would have been to talk up his players performance. The best way of preparing for tomorrow's match is spending the time preparing for the game, not dealing with two to three times the normal levels of media interest in us because of his twatishness.

I wonder if Pat Murphy will apologise to Pearson, calling him a bully and paranoid amongst other things was well over the top and not necessary, also the way he acted was far worse than Pearson had the previous night, for which he had already made a public apology.

Credit to Nige for the way he handled that situation, he has made mistakes this season with his behaviour in the media etc but that was rank amateur from Murphy.

That's an interesting theory, but a sensible one. A journalist could be forgiven for making a similar point about Kramaric, especially when you consider Hull paid £3.5 million for N'Doye.

The same N'Doye we were interested in but we didn't believe we could get a work permit for. Hull just got one at the last minute. Kramaric has fair more potential on paper and is a better long-term investment.

Last edited:
Credit to Nige for the way he handled that situation, he has made mistakes this season with his behaviour in the media etc but that was rank amateur from Murphy.
Agreed. There's a good article on SSN which I think sums it up very well.

Journalists, in my experience, are bottom feeding ambulance chasing leaches.

They neither build nor create anything.

I hope you stay up, fighting.

Journalists, in my experience, are bottom feeding ambulance chasing leaches.

They neither build nor create anything.

I hope you stay up, fighting.

I know lots and lots of wonderful and productive people that happen to be journalists.

Last edited:
Hmm. You're suggesting that NP is deliberately attracting attention in order to deliberately deflect attention? Surely, not having the attention at all is better - no?

Your twisting of reality is of course total nonsense. In order to demonstrate this I have taken the liberty of checking back over his previous two main instances of twattishness to see how this deliberate deflecting of attention served us so well before.

Except of course it didn't. The game after the '**** off and die' incident - we lost. The game after the strangling McArthur incident - we lost.

The best way of handling Wednesday's post match interviews would have been to talk up his players performance. The best way of preparing for tomorrow's match is spending the time preparing for the game, not dealing with two to three times the normal levels of media interest in us because of his twatishness.

You're kind of missing the point. No-one is talking about the team - the only thing anyone is talking about is Pearson.

Just as when Ferguson used to launch into an attack on the officials when ManU lost. Nothing about the team, everything about Fergie losing it.

Look, we all get that you hate Pearson, for whatever reason. Your hating is just seeming increasingly deranged now that it looks like we might just stay up.

I wonder if Pat Murphy will apologise to Pearson, calling him a bully and paranoid amongst other things was well over the top and not necessary, also the way he acted was far worse than Pearson had the previous night, for which he had already made a public apology.

Murphy will be ostracised

Look, we all get that you hate Pearson, for whatever reason

That's wrong chap. I don't hate NP at all. For a start he never lets anyone outside the people that matter to him to know anything much about him. And you can't hate what you don't know.

I've stated many times that there are several aspects of him as a manager that are excellent. Much of the club is now organised and structured so much better than it ever was before his time. However, there are also some fundamental flaws. Really easy to sort out flaws. That he does nothing about. And that frustrates the feck out of me. For example, this season it took him months to work out basic things like the formation and certain personnel. We really could have made life so much easier for ourselves this season.

That being said, today NP takes our team for the 286th time, overtaking Jimmy Bloomfield. He's been in charge for more matches than anyone now except Matt Gillies and Peter Hodge. That, in itself, is worthy of praise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566