Post Match Leicester 1 Everton 1

Doomed.

Everton have lost every game this season and we're still too afraid to put both our best attacking players on the pitch together.

Winks - can't believe he's so shit towards the end there
Two crosses that even Pickford can just pull out the air At crucial times too when we were generating a bit of pressure 🙄

Don't be fooled, that was very poor. Most worrying for me is how open we were at the back - a better team scores 4 against us today.

Concerning.

Well… 1-1 when we are playing badly. Only way is up. Lots of bad teams in the league..

I didn’t catch any of it but I need something after that match thread.

Dreadful performance. When we actually decided to attack them, they shit themselves and we could easily have won it but, as we've seen since Cooper's arrival, we just aren't setting up to win games.

El Khannouss should have been sacked off at HT because he was utter shit and Fatawu should have been on much earlier for Ayew.

To all those folk who were happy with Cooper because they were looking forward to us playing exciting football with two up front.... Yeah. Good luck with that. It was monstrously awful shit for most of the game... Like a Puel/Smith co management team.

Obviously it would be premature to be calling for the manager to be sacked but he's not ****ing learning. I said last week that he had to show that he is capable of changing things based on how we've played and he just isn't showing that. Justin instead of Ricardo, persisting with Ayew for too long, refusing to play Mavididi and Fatawu on the same pitch, refusing to play attacking football until the last 20 minutes of a game...... I could go on. It's the same week in, week out at the moment. Add to that the ludicrousness of Winks instead of Skipp after last week's performance and Buonanotte not getting enough minutes and there's plenty to question.

A couple more games like that and I, with many others, will be banging the drum to get rid of him.

We wasted 70 mins with an utterly crap performance, and after that we were only marginally better.

I too think we have the players to stay up. But these tactics are baffling. I don't see any plan or structure.

On the plus side, Mavididi will do well at this level. Buonanotte is a very good player and should start when fit and available. I think Okoli and Faes have struck up a strong partnership.

But unless things change, we will be relegated. And no, I don't have an agenda against Cooper and I'm not demanding he's sacked. But something has to change.

I'm just looking forward to the defence of that performance. It'll be driveltastically entertaining wibble.

We wasted 70 mins with an utterly crap performance, and after that we were only marginally better.

I too think we have the players to stay up. But these tactics are baffling. I don't see any plan or structure.

On the plus side, Mavididi will do well at this level. Buonanotte is a very good player and should start when fit and available. I think Okoli and Faes have struck up a strong partnership.

But unless things change, we will be relegated. And no, I don't have an agenda against Cooper and I'm not demanding he's sacked. But something has to change.
Ppffftt. You have an agenda against his face, don't you.

That was fecking awful.

I have absolutely no idea what we were doing today. We just seemed frightened.

Everton had one trick which was to play into the channels and work for set pieces and slow the game down. We let them do what they wanted for the first 70 minutes. It was infuriating.

Kristiansen was terrible. Absolutely and completely incapable of basic left back duties. How he stayed on at half time is beyond me.

Not starting Skipp was a mistake. Gambling on El Khannouss in such an important game was a mistake. Not making changes much earlier in the game was a mistake. I'm struggling to think of anything much Cooper got right today.

Horrible, horrible afternoon.

There was nowt in that performance to get me remotely moist bar the ****ing weather.

Leicester City boss Steve Cooper speaking to PLP: "After our first half performance then we'll have to take a point. It was not what we wanted, we intended to attack the game and take the game to Everton but we were no where near the level in the first half.

"We changed things at half time, not a tactical thing or any rocket science, just re-asserting the values and commitment needed to win the game.

"To be fair to the guys they didn't go under, they kept going and managed to get back into the game. We pushed and pushed and tried to get the clear chance, giving up a few counter attacks as expected against Everton because they have real quality. But we didn't quite get through.

On why the first half was flat: "I don't know if we underestimated the challenge a bit or if we took some things for granted. We didn't move the ball quick enough or get up the pitch to press quick enough. Doesn't matter who you play those things always need to be dealt with. If anything we stuck together, showed good resilience and just couldn't find a winner."

On three draws from five games: "Yes it does show that we are competitive. If anything this is the first game that we got what we deserved. After previous games we felt like we could and should have gotten more. We should have more points on the board but we haven't, so we have to keep pushing to put that right."

Not beating Everton should be a sackable offence. Is there much point in doing so? The squad's fairly shit if we're honest about it.

He's relying on both full backs to get forward a lot and getting crosses into the box, so he's opted for Kristiansen and Justin. If Ricardo comes in it would be at the expense of Justin where realistically it should be Kristiansen, with JJ playing on that side, however it means playing a player who is not naturally left footed trying to cross the ball.

I think that playing Ricardo with his all round ability and swapping JJ to the left would more than make up for the loss of a naturally left footed full back on that side.

He's relying on both full backs to get forward a lot and getting crosses into the box, so he's opted for Kristiansen and Justin. If Ricardo comes in it would be at the expense of Justin where realistically it should be Kristiansen, with JJ playing on that side, however it means playing a player who is not naturally left footed trying to cross the ball.

I think that playing Ricardo with his all round ability and swapping JJ to the left would more than make up for the loss of a naturally left footed full back on that side.
Yep. If Ricardo comes in, and he ****ing must, we move JJ to LB where he has been excellent for us in the past.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58
9Nottm F48
10Tottenham 57
11Manchester U57