Post Match Leicester 1 Leeds 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for MotD to spend 8 minutes talking about Bielsa's genius even though the **** isn't there anymore, whilst mentioning us in passing.

Smashing stuff.

Soyuncu and Amartey were very good again for the second game in a row. And Kasper had a very good game too.

Someone once said that it was more important to be a lucky manager than a good one.

These two wins with clean sheets have come from two pretty poor performances. We've got lucky both times and six points has all but removed any fears of us being dragged into a relegation horror.

Today we were okay in flashes but mostly we just looked disjointed and lacking in confidence.

BR is doing some things right. He's picked a formation and is sticking with it. He's also got his keeper and defenders to stop ****ing about as much. His decision making now makes sense and at least the players know where they're supposed to be now.

Schmeichel saved us today. He was excellent both with his shot stopping but also with his coming off his line and his distribution. He looked more like the keeper we signed from Leeds.

I can't fault the players, they are trying their best. We're just lacking enough of our quality players on the pitch and several players that are out there are not at their best.

For the rest of the season. I'll take 100% effort and a stable and sensible approach to matches whatever the results.

Agree with most of that. As I’ve said a few times, we are being carried by moments of real quality from our best players. The difference between us and Leeds today was simply we have more players capable of something a bit special than them.

Barnes, Vardy, Tielemans, Nacho and Lookman are all capable of winning matches with a bit of brilliance.

Made such hard work of that

Leeds are complete shit and I can see why better teams wallop them every week

I think we as fans need to be a little more understanding. Today we played without a right back and a very inexperienced lad at left back. We are doing very well considering our injuries.

If and it's a big if, we get Ricardo, Justin, Maddison and Fofana back fit soon, it will transform us. I really believe it.

I think we as fans need to be a little more understanding. Today we played without a right back and a very inexperienced lad at left back. We are doing very well considering our injuries.

If and it's a big if, we get Ricardo, Justin, Maddison and Fofana back fit soon, it will transform us. I really believe it.
Agreed, imagine Liverpool without four of their best players.

Agreed. I thought we weren’t great today and at times were poor (last 20 mins of first half particularly) but we did enough with yet another patchwork back four. And Leeds were pretty well organised and contained us other than for a few flurries of attacks, one of which we capitalised on.

This is sensible. You're doing it all wrong. That won't fly here.

The most encouraging thing is back to back games where substitutions made sense.

Totally true. But judging by past performance of players coming back from injury and how we handle them....I'm not expecting all of them back this year

Soumare and Vestergaard pushed to the back certainly has helped in the short term.

It is worth noting that’s 40 million quid on players we can’t trust.
Players he signed

We are using a player we didn't include in the PL squad over a player he wanted.

I have zero confidence in this rebuild, absolutely zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566