Post Match Leicester 1 Liverpool 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
LCFC.jpg

Three bad mistakes gifted them the points.

Last edited:
Happy Christmas Liverpool.

Unbelievable. Possibly the worst defensive display I have seen at the top level for many a year.

Pearson should have made changes earlier too, Mahrez had a shocker.

I thought Shlupp and James were the pick. The side as a whole is defending like a joke. We are utterly doomed and it is going to take some major changes to save us.

Yet again, we just roll over and have our bellies tickled. For brief periods Liverpool invited us on to them but there simply isn't enough quality in this team to punish opposition. Awful at the back, flaky up front, zero quality in the final pass and overrun in the midfield.

I've pretty much lost faith in Pearson's ability to arrest the slide, sacking him seems almost pointless though. The damage was done in the summer, and despite riding the crest of a wave for the first month of the season, the squad is a million miles away from being good enough for the Premier League.

Oh, and Cambiasso is class and spots passes that no one else could. Unfortunately, he is not mobile enough for a two man midfield. How were James and Cambiasso ever going to compete against Henderson, Lucas and Gerrard?

I just don't think that he has the resources that will enable him to make changes whether in tactics or personnel that will make any real difference. Yes - Hamer should be given an opportunity but you'd struggle to see many other options that might make a difference.

The lack of an effective transfer strategy is almost certainly going to see us down with miserable points tally.

They had so long to prepare for this and signed one player good enough to play in the league, and even then his legs have started to go.

Oh, and Cambiasso is class and spots passes that no one else could. Unfortunately, he is not mobile enough for a two man midfield. How were James and Cambiasso ever going to compete against Henderson, Lucas and Gerrard?

Felt Cambiasso looked every inch his age tonight, missing out on passes that he'd have swallowed in his prime. I didn't feel he added anything to the side and, if anything, detracted due to his lack of pace in a side relying on it.

It's going to be a long and painful season.

I love 4-4-2, but today we were showed wanting massively. Should have been a 4-5-1, having said that, the defending from Morgan and Schmeichel was comedy gold - you could have played 10 at the back and the result would've been the same!

We need to improve massively.

A few questions. Why has Moore lost his place? Where is the plan B? Andy King has to get a look in, Vardy's doing nothing. Why has Knockaert gone so wrong? We need creativity. Why on earth can no one take a set piece at the club?

Felt Cambiasso looked every inch his age tonight, missing out on passes that he'd have swallowed in his prime. I didn't feel he added anything to the side and, if anything, detracted due to his lack of pace in a side relying on it.

It's going to be a long and painful season.

And should have tracked Gerrard for their second goal.

Oh, and Cambiasso is class and spots passes that no one else could.

He didn't spot that one into an unguarded net while it was still 0-0 though, did he?

It is so bad that I think we should go on our summer holidays now. We can come back when the Championship fixture list is published.

Another thought.... we pissed the Championship yet Burnley are above us. Why?

They had so long to prepare for this and signed one player good enough to play in the league, and even then his legs have started to go.

The great benefit of getting first past the promotion post is the advantage that gives you in recruting better players.

I don't know who was most to blame at the club - but whoever just frittered the summer away except for putting Championship standard players are longer and better contracts....and finally developing the Cambiasso saga - loading a fine (but more or less finished career) with silly expectations.... and exposing his lack of pace in a two man midfield.

Is this a Premier League manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570