Post Match Leicester 1 Manchester City 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graz

Kolarov and Dzeko (x2) for them, Dyer for us.

Respectable score line at least.

Just beaten by a much, much better team. Not the cup thriller and potential cupset we'd hoped for, but also no embarrassment, no drubbing, no confidence shattering performance... Move on to the real business of QPR on Saturday!

Re: Leicester 1 Man City 3

Kolarov and Dzeko (x2) for them, Dyer for us.

Respectable score line at least.

Just beaten by a much, much better team. Not the cup thriller and potential cupset we'd hoped for, but also no embarrassment, no drubbing, no confidence shattering performance... Move on to the real business of QPR on Saturday!

and pleasingly no injuries.

Felt we could have been a bit less sloppy in possession really but not an awful performance. Gave the ball away a lot and mis-controlled it plenty of times. They are a quality side so it was always going to be tough. Freshen up lads, big one is coming up.

What stood out most for me was how much wider the gulf between the sides is now compared to when we played them in the Cup three years ago. I think that says a lot about how much better they've got and how much more average we've become. Overall, we've played ourselves out of form in recent weeks and they look full of confidence. Add that to the difference in class and it's a tough ask to compete with them.

Of our squad, only Drinkwater looked like he could play at the higher level. Possibly Schmeichel. The others seemed in awe and out of their depth. King was diabolical, Knockaert awful, Vardy's touch was embarrassing.

Their team did seem about a foot taller than ours man for man. They were infinitely superior and that was making 8 changes. Dzeko, Kolorov and Kompany were very impressive.

Tactically, I don't understand why we played 4-4-2 against them. It was never going to work and they just picked us off at ease first half. What was NP thinking? A more sensible formation and approach second half made us more competitive.

What stood out most for me was how much wider the gulf between the sides is now compared to when we played them in the Cup three years ago. I think that says a lot about how much better they've got and how much more average we've become. Overall, we've played ourselves out of form in recent weeks and they look full of confidence. Add that to the difference in class and it's a tough ask to compete with them.

Of our squad, only Drinkwater looked like he could play at the higher level. Possibly Schmeichel. The others seemed in awe and out of their depth. King was diabolical, Knockaert awful, Vardy's touch was embarrassing.
Yes, Vardy well out of his depth........but Knocky was Class & was one of the few in the !st half that measured up to the opposition, so I really don´t understand your criicism of him:102:

Their team did seem about a foot taller than ours man for man. They were infinitely superior and that was making 8 changes. Dzeko, Kolorov and Kompany were very impressive.

Tactically, I don't understand why we played 4-4-2 against them. It was never going to work and they just picked us off at ease first half. What was NP thinking? A more sensible formation and approach second half made us more competitive.

Drinkwater was outstanding, though, wasn't he ?

He was as good as GTF, King and Knockaert were feckin' shite. Why GTF and King started is truly baffling. Dreadful pair of complete duffers

Credit to the rest of them for the way they stuck at it. Good effort all round

???????????

Knockaert gave the ball away in good positions at least four times when it was totally unnecessary. He also idiotically gave away the free kick from which they scored their first. He virtually never tracked back with Kolorov. His set pieces were pants. Whenever he got the ball, he played for himself, not his team mates.

If he was so great, why do you think his manager hauled his useless arse off at half time?

I know the lad has talent but he rarely delivers anything. He's a show pony. Dyer hasn't got a tenth of his talent or skill but worked his socks off tonight and was much more valuable as a result.

Knockaert gave the ball away in good positions at least four times when it was totally unnecessary. He also idiotically gave away the free kick from which they scored their first. He virtually never tracked back with Kolorov. His set pieces were pants. Whenever he got the ball, he played for himself, not his team mates.

If he was so great, why do you think his manager hauled his useless arse off at half time?

I know the lad has talent but he rarely delivers anything. He's a show pony. Dyer hasn't got a tenth of his talent or skill but worked his socks off tonight and was much more valuable as a result.

Spot on, BN, he was pretty piss poor tonight

But he played like an absolute God compared to Gary Taylor-Fletcher

Wow. I mean, wow

Of our squad, only Drinkwater looked like he could play at the higher level. Possibly Schmeichel. The others seemed in awe and out of their depth. King was diabolical, Knockaert awful, Vardy's touch was embarrassing..

Sat with a Man City fan tonight, who last saw us in the FA Cup, so asked him who he thought was our best man/could play in the Premiership based on tonight's and he replied "Your number 10",who he thought would slot into a Premiership midfield set up.

Spot on, BN, he was pretty piss poor tonight

But he played like an absolute God compared to Gary Taylor-Fletcher

Wow. I mean, wow

Apparently, GTF only needs another 11 appearances and he gets another year's contract. Count 'em down in the coming weeks.

NP reckons he's very intelligent and was unlucky to be substituted. I reckon that he plays like a bloke plucked from the stand put in a City shirt. If GTF can play for City, so can I. And I'm 42, with a dodgy back and leg.

Sat with a Man City fan tonight, who last saw us in the FA Cup, so asked him who he thought was our best man/could play in the Premiership based on tonight's and he replied "Your number 10",who he thought would slot into a Premiership midfield set up.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Andy King hasn't played well in a City shirt for about two years. He will never, ever, ever, be a Premier League player.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Andy King hasn't played well in a City shirt for about two years. He will never, ever, ever, be a Premier League player.
Stupid me then. I thought he was quite good in the 2nd half.

Same, King was the one involved most when we started playing better I thought.

I do agree with BN's point though that it probably wasn't the right formation; I expected a 4-5-1. Would've have had James in the starting lineup instead of GTF

Last edited:
Not too disappointed with losing I just feel we showed them too much respect .

We should have played a lone target man, maybe we were going to as Schmeichel kept insisting on kicking it straight down the middle first half and I don't recall us winning a single header.

Their free kick for the first was world class, completely unstoppable.

All in all probably about what the more grounded of us expected but I can't help feeling we didn't turn up for seventy minutes and should have tried to close them down earlier, we afforded them way too much space and time.

I have to say that our crowd were silent, but the Man City support (vocally) was excellent.

Agreed. I thought he was better than Drinkwater 2nd half.

Dyer was our MOTM though, everything good we did seemed to come through him.

Maybe I was watching a different game but I think Taylor-Fletcher played well in the first-half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669