Post Match Leicester 1 Manchester City 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Leicester 1 Man City 3

Same, King was the one involved most when we started playing better I thought.

I do agree with BN's point though that it probably wasn't the right formation; I expected a 4-5-1. Would've have had James in the starting lineup instead of GTF

It seemed for a lot of the first half that we did only have one up front. With the number of times we played the ball forward for Nugent to chase with no support from GTF who was labouring on the half way line.

To stand any chance at all we needed to be at the top of our game and they needed to be of theirs. Sadly this didn't happen. Dyer worked hard and so did Vardy. Knockaert was woeful needlessly gave away the foul for the first. Never tracked back once. On a positive next home game I won't be constantly disturbed by a c@@t in a tigers scarf or have Hansen and Shearer giving regular updates

[video]http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/12/18/video-leicester-city-1-3-manchester-city-capital-one-cup-highlights/?[/video]

For anyone who hasn't seen the goals

Apparently, GTF only needs another 11 appearances and he gets another year's contract. Count 'em down in the coming weeks.

NP reckons he's very intelligent and was unlucky to be substituted. I reckon that he plays like a bloke plucked from the stand put in a City shirt. If GTF can play for City, so can I. And I'm 42, with a dodgy back and leg.

Absolutely right. He may be a whizz at crosswords and his intellect may put David Starkey in the shade but that should not earn him a place in a Leicester side - the good Dr Starkey would have been as effective.

The first Man City goal was a magnificent free kick and the assist for the second was sublime. However, it was the Man City defence that most impressed me. When we had the ball there really was nothing on .

Remembering the talentless scruff who sang "When you're smiling" some time ago I feared the worst at half time. However, I thought Sam Bailey sang rather well.

i thought most of our players were shite

Kasper had some good saves but always hoofed it
Drinkwater looked good when he came on

the crowd was embarrassing, you could hear a pin drop during most of the game in the home ends, you get more noise at the Tigers

NP reckons he's very intelligent
Absolutely right. He may be a whizz at crosswords and his intellect may put David Starkey in the shade but that should not earn him a place in a Leicester side - the good Dr Starkey would have been as effective.

He said "intelligent" David, what's that got to do with David Starkey? He didn't mention anything about obnoxious, bigoted ****s.

He said "intelligent" David, what's that got to do with David Starkey? He didn't mention anything about obnoxious, bigoted ****s.

Obnoxious and bigoted are not words I would use but people have a right to their opinion. However, I think it is a fact that the good Doctor has no interest in c______ whatsoever. :icon_wink

I almost used Brian Sewell but was not sure everyone would know who he was. David Starkey always provokes a reaction - usually from those who have only come across him on the telly. Above all I thought the idea of David Starkey in a Leicester shirt seemed amusing.

Yesterday showed the gulf between the very top clubs and the rest. Manchester City outclassed us in a way that Fulham could not. If Leicester City do gain promotion and spend money wisely I believe they might survive in the Premier League. Thinking about how well Man City played I cannot see us ever being near the top.

Under Jimmy Bloomfield we had three of the best players in the country (Shilton Weller and Worthington); players like that will now want Champions League football. Under Martin O'Neill we were very brave and very organized; Man City players were brave and organised as well as talented.

We cannot compete with the very big clubs. Last night showed our aim would have to be middle of the Premier League at best.

Yesterday showed the gulf between the very top clubs and the rest. Manchester City outclassed us in a way that Fulham could not. If Leicester City do gain promotion and spend money wisely I believe they might survive in the Premier League. Thinking about how well Man City played I cannot see us ever being near the top.

Under Jimmy Bloomfield we had three of the best players in the country (Shilton Weller and Worthington); players like that will now want Champions League football. Under Martin O'Neill we were very brave and very organized; Man City players were brave and organised as well as talented.

We cannot compete with the very big clubs. Last night showed our aim would have to be middle of the Premier League at best.
And isn't that a depressing indictment of modern football?

Unless we get wealthy foreign owner.

oh.

Obnoxious and bigoted are not words I would use but people have a right to their opinion. However, I think it is a fact that the good Doctor has no interest in c______ whatsoever. :icon_wink

I almost used Brian Sewell but was not sure everyone would know who he was. David Starkey always provokes a reaction - usually from those who have only come across him on the telly. Above all I thought the idea of David Starkey in a Leicester shirt seemed amusing.

To be honest, I would've baulked at either of the two suggestions. In light of their apparent disinterest in ****s, they both do a remarkable impression of one. :icon_bigg

Knockaert gave the ball away in good positions at least four times when it was totally unnecessary. He also idiotically gave away the free kick from which they scored their first. He virtually never tracked back with Kolorov. His set pieces were pants. Whenever he got the ball, he played for himself, not his team mates.

If he was so great, why do you think his manager hauled his useless arse off at half time?

I know the lad has talent but he rarely delivers anything. He's a show pony. Dyer hasn't got a tenth of his talent or skill but worked his socks off tonight and was much more valuable as a result.
You should post here
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Anthony-Knockeart/704738346204003?hc_location=stream
Brown Nose and even up those that are telling him he's fantastic

He's not too impressed with his own performance though
i would like to apologise to you today my performance wasnt up to scratch but the lads played well and on a different day ... then maybe it would of been a different story!! #LCFC

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670