Leicester 1 Preston 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG no teds lucky socks either we were doomed from the off :icon_bigg must admit though i think even the power of the lucky socks arent enough for our wayne . :icon_bigg

I'll give him a lend of them.

We also missed my lucky sister today, we've won every time she's been. Although as a 3 year old girl she loses interest in the match quite quickley....

I can't see Yann starting but i think hes a better option to bring on for Howard then Waghorn is, though part of the problem is we kept the same tactics of hoofing the ball up even though we had no target man when Howard went off.

Did i mention Wayne Brown was awful? because he really was, and made a lot more defensive mistakes then Neilson, who is only getting more stick for his performance today because of that god awful shot near the end. Though Neilson has been more consistently crap this season.

Pearsons fault..... again he seems to run out of ideas once plan A has backfired. Plan B? There is no plan B!.....
His substitutions were dreadful and too late. At least he didn't play King.

N'Guessen seems to be out of his depth, against Newcastle I was screaming at Nigel to take him off as he was totally out of the game.

Nicky Adams needs to get the nod on the right now, he is a hungry player who wants to make an impact, perfect now that we need to bounce back.

I would like to see Yann start, don't quite know why though.

It was very very poor today.
Neilson was extremely poor fro this level.
N'Guessan has got everything he needs to be a very good player but was useless
Great to see Tunchev back but he was played on the wrong side of the back 4.
Wellens was also poor and perhaps shouldn't have played.
Good stuff from Fryatt (but it defo wan't a penalty)
Yann from what we saw looks a good replacement for when Howard is not there
Dyer livened things up a bit
Well done Bruno Berner
Brown not good but a bit better
Oakley as usual
Weale OK
Gallagher some good touches but where can we play him?
Why no Hobbs? daft decision

Due to Gallagher not giving Berner any help, according to someone on the Preston commentary.

For most of the first half Berner had to play left back and left midfield as Gallagher was allowed (or instructed) to fanny about all over the pitch

He got no defensive support from midfield, and there was no one in front of him when we were in possession.

Terrible tactics, and they could have had two or three goals as a result of it

IMO I Thought Gallagher showed some good touches and also thought Waghorm tried some nice tricks just a little unlucky they didnt quite come off. The WORSE Player in the team for me was NIELSON absolutely shite every time he got the ball he panicked and gave it away.Fryatt was outstanding and unlucky not to score.

N'Guessan not good enough for this league?! Sorry, I disagree -how many goals has he scored compared to Howard? I'm afraid that Howard is past his best and is not good enough for this league! To be a promotion chasing side, we need a quick and incisive player alongside Matty. It's not Howard. We should have bought someone in over the Summer (Beckford)

They were far too good for us and certainly players looked out of their depth.

I am getting increasingly annoyed that every home game, we are having to introduce two subs at HT or just after to sort us out.

Yann looked alright and Tunchev struggled against Brown and Neilson looks the big pile of shit I've watched in a City shirt. Morrison or a loan sharpish please.

Without sounding draconian, it's about time we went to being
more organised. We were tactical mess at times.

Last edited:
It's not that N'Guessen looks unintrested or goes missing, it's that he gets involved in play but thinks he is better than he is, and constantly tries to dribble past players only to get dispossessed very easily and give the ball away, when he could've just passed.

I think you are right and he is extremely committed. However, he cannnot beat defenders in the Championship the way he did at League 2. I had hoped that he would have adjusted to the Championship by now but he was disappointing. He will no doubt be aware that he is no longer an automatic selection the way he was at Lincoln. He is fast enough and strong enough and brave enough. I only hope the coaches can improve his skill on the ball.

I think you are right and he is extremely committed. However, he cannnot beat defenders in the Championship the way he did at League 2. I had hoped that he would have adjusted to the Championship by now but he was disappointing. He will no doubt be aware that he is no longer an automatic selection the way he was at Lincoln. He is fast enough and strong enough and brave enough. I only hope the coaches can improve his skill on the ball.

Its alright buying players like him, if you have a more senior pro in his position already at the club. At least then he could learn, and compete for the position.
At the moment he is being asked to do a job in a league 2 divisions higher. The calibre of defenders against him are of higher quality, and he is much more likely to be inconsistent until he gains experience and feels comfortable at this level.
He is still relatively young and should be given a chance, but ultimately he may never bridge the gap adequately. Time will tell.

Neilson is way short of what is required. Even his long throws are pathetic little floaty things that are starting to piss me off.

Brown is a battler but shite against good forwards. He should be our sub centre half and used when we need to shore up late on.

Tunchev needs games and so should be forgiven a sloppy performance today. As long as he shows no ill effects from 90 mins, he should retain his place to play himself into form.

Gallagher destroys our shape when he's put in a midfield 4. He needs to be in the middle or not in the team.

N'Guessan is a really good impact sub as seen already this season. He shouldn't be starting games though.

I get what Howard gives the team but I don't think we need it. I don't even think he's the sort of player who can make an impact from the bench.

I know we're all supposed to be worshipping at the Fryatt temple right now, but I thought he was total toss today. One outstanding turn apart in the first half, his forward play was wasteful and poor. He had 6-7 chances to shoot and I think missed the target each time.

Pearson usually makes changes that make sense. Today, they were incomprehensible. At no point in the match did we have a formation that worked or looked right.

The decision to play Brown instead of Hobbs was quite ridiculous. He is shite

Beyond awful, he really is.

The decision to keep N'Guessan on for over an hour was farcical. He is out of his depth

Lunacy. He was clearly contributing nothing to the game, but was probably confused by the fact that we changed formation every ten minutes.

The decision to then take Howard off was just plain stupid, and had to be corrected by another substitution.

Unbelievably, several people near me cheered when Howard's number was held up.

The decision to buy Neilson at all is beginning to look utterly shambolic, bordering on the insane. We've had our fair share of tossers at right back over recent years, but he is firmly up there in the Curtis/Maybury category, if not worse

Peter Canero?

Berner - 6 - Best defender, good tackles and a well taken goal.

Wasn't great though, Chaplow made him look utter shite on three occasions.

N'Guessan - 5

Very generous :icon_bigg

The worst ref i've seen in a while too, turned down a stonewaller on Matty in the box, it wasn't long after that they trotted upfield and got a second.

Not a penalty in ten million years.

Still, words can't describe how shite the two goals that we conceded were.

Agreed. Our defending looked like a circus act today.

:102: Gallagher and N'Guessen switched wings after about 20mins, and N'Guessen spent most've the game on the left, not Gallagher

Erm, really? I was far too confused by the constant shuffling between 4-4-2, 4-3-2-1 and 4-3-3 to keep track. It really was bizarre, like Nigel had handed the reigns over to a competition winner or something. NP also seems to be under the impression that Gally's a left-sided midfielder for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00