Leicester 1 Preston 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The attitude you advocate appears to be "let's not criticise this player's performance because he might play okay next week". I'm not sure what that achieves or where it ends :102:

You either misunderstand entirely, the sentiment I am trying to address or you choose to ignore it. Either way the fact remains that it isn't anything to do with criticising a performance but criticising a player full stop and wholeheartedly. Take a brisk walk backwards through this thread for example and see how many players' talents are called into question rather than their performance today. Had we taken the un-warranted 'advice' of some 'supporters' before last season, both Howard and Fryatt would be long gone or floating along with other dead wood in the reserve side. For goodness sake even the manager's skills are under fire. Unbelievable as you seem to find it, there are 'fans' who don't feel that they are 'supporting' the club unless they are, in some way, finding something or, perhaps more unjustifiably, someone to lay into.

Anyhow, seeing as this conversation has run into a Cul-de-sac I suggest that we agree to disagree! :058: Let's now concentrate on beating Middlesbrough. After 4 years of living in that godforsaken place I for one would love to see us turn them over.

Sorry, everyone, but we were beaten, today, by a better team.

This happens.Get used to it.

We're finding our feet in a division where we lost our footing and got relegated

It's going to take time against those who kept their places, and also those who lost their Premiership places. We won't do it this season, nor should we, nor could we.

We have no right to anything, right now, but we're holding our own. As they say :)

We're finding our feet in a division where we lost our footing and got relegated

It's going to take time against those who kept their places, and also those who lost their Premiership places. We won't do it this season, nor should we, nor could we.

We have no right to anything, right now, but we're holding our own. As they say :)

Spot on!

I saw that BM Breakdown (popiilus) coming a mile off haha.

I nearly landed on the pitch when Nielson hit row Z at the end. Can someone explain why the crowd shouted "shoot!" ?? I screamed NOOO as soon as it fell to him !
Because the majority of people who make noise at Leicester games are ****ing idiots

More points pissed away be truly dreadful defending - sheer incompetence at it's very finest

We created bundles of chances and half-chances and weren't sharp enough to put them away. Must have been twenty or thirty at least - maybe more

Wellens pisses about with the ball like a feckin' great girl, and then the useless fecktard Brown let's their big lump run 45 yards and it's game over

The decision to play Brown instead of Hobbs was quite ridiculous. He is shite

The decision to keep N'Guessan on for over an hour was farcical. He is out of his depth

The decision to then take Howard off was just plain stupid, and had to be corrected by another substitution.

The decision to buy Neilson at all is beginning to look utterly shambolic, bordering on the insane. We've had our fair share of tossers at right back over recent years, but he is firmly up there in the Curtis/Maybury category, if not worse

We are where we are on merit - and if we continue with that back four, and with a complete lack of width, we certainly won't get any higher and may indeed fall a fair bit further

Agree with all of that except the Howard decision which the people in my row had all decided would be the best thing about 5 minutes before the substitution. I think he just looked tired and needed a rest. He'd lost his edge.

How did their player get away with thumping Brown in the face and knocking him over right in front of the ref?

Hey B, logical as ever.Where have you been? We missed your contributions, well I did anyways. Be sure and come back soon.

I think most people would prefer to go down fighting.

Paul Gallagher should only be used if he is to play upfront,i think Nigel has to accept that playing Gallagher upsets the balance and show face and drop him.

Does anybody else get the feeling that Gallagher is the replacement for Fryatt, who will be sold in January? I can see no other reason to have brought in a Premiership striker who clearly seems to have been promised first team football. Surely, Waghorn and Yann were enough cover for Fryatt and Howard.

I was flabbergasted by the lack of pace over any distance in our team yesterday, which was a massive undoing.

Nielsen, Brown, Berner, Oakley, Wellens, Howard, N'Guessan are all SLOW SLOW SLOW and made there front six and fulll backs look like Barcelona at times, when all they were doing was moving about with a bit of purpose.

key problems for me.

Nielsen is absolutely shite - slow, doesn't make decisions quickly, not strong in the air and prone to bad tackles.
Brown is like a caveman - some of his attempts at closing down and tackling were borderline comical. Tunchev's blocking and positioning got him out of jail 5 or 6 times.
Wellens and Oakley are essentially the same player and stand square on in the middle meaning that runners from midfield have got carte blanche if they are willing to bust a gut. Not enough energy or pace in there fro me.
NO WIDTH - 4-4-2 wih wingers has served you well DON't **** about with it Nige. If you think Gallagher is quality (which he is) play him off Fryatt and don't lump it up. If you must play howard, then keep Gallagher on the bench.

my team for Middlesborough.

Weale
Morrisson Hobbs Tunchev Berner
Oakley King Wellens Dyer
Kermorgant or Gallagher
Fryatt

I am getting increasingly annoyed that every home game, we are having to introduce two subs at HT or just after to sort us out.

Talked about damned if you do, damned if you don't.:icon_roll

We have a manager that can see that thing's aren't working out, so rather than wait until the 80th to make changes, he makes them with plenty of time to rectify things, then gets lambasted:102:

:bang::bang::bang:

The decision to buy Neilson at all is beginning to look utterly shambolic, bordering on the insane. We've had our fair share of tossers at right back over recent years, but he is firmly up there in the Curtis/Maybury category, if not worse

:038::038: We spent 90 minutes slagging him off in the family end. Shame I had to be polite about him.

You either misunderstand entirely, the sentiment I am trying to address or you choose to ignore it. Either way the fact remains that it isn't anything to do with criticising a performance but criticising a player full stop and wholeheartedly. Take a brisk walk backwards through this thread for example and see how many players' talents are called into question rather than their performance today. Had we taken the un-warranted 'advice' of some 'supporters' before last season, both Howard and Fryatt would be long gone or floating along with other dead wood in the reserve side. For goodness sake even the manager's skills are under fire. Unbelievable as you seem to find it, there are 'fans' who don't feel that they are 'supporting' the club unless they are, in some way, finding something or, perhaps more unjustifiably, someone to lay into.

Anyhow, seeing as this conversation has run into a Cul-de-sac I suggest that we agree to disagree! :058: Let's now concentrate on beating Middlesbrough. After 4 years of living in that godforsaken place I for one would love to see us turn them over.

I'm still of the opinion that people are only criticising performances :102: with the obvious exception of half of the back four, who are clearly well out of their depth - but we've never thought otherwise on those two.

:icon_bigg see you Tuesday...

I saw that BM Breakdown (popiilus) coming a mile off haha.

Is it really that predictable?

I nearly landed on the pitch when Nielson hit row Z at the end.

:102: how?

Can someone explain why the crowd shouted "shoot!" ??

Because they always do, no matter who it is. Even the likes of Alan Maybury and Momo Sylla used to get it.

Got some funny looks when Lonergan first got the ball in his own box and I shouted "SHOOT".

I screamed NOOO as soon as it fell to him !

My head was already in my hands, I knew he was going to get dizzy and suddenly think he was Xabi Alonso.

I didn't think Preston were that good tbh(I know , must've been an offday for them!)

Both their goals came from utter shite defending, the first where none of out lot in the box seemed to want to clear it and the second cos Wellens that the player(Mellor was it?) go past him, he must've looked up, saw he only had to get past Brown and realised it would shortly be 2-0...

As for Brown...why the feck did he back off and back off when he should've just risked giving away a free kick, cos there was no way he was going to put a tackle in once he'd back-tracked back into the box...

I didn't see the penalty 'appeal' where Fryatt got floored as I was texting back to a PNE mate how shite the game was, but I think later on we had a defo shout for a penalty where he couldn't even jump up for a header inside the 6 yard box as his shirt was being pulled so much I could see it from the back of the Kop( I think I'm glad I'm back in my own seat the next game, last two games I've been in the Kop and we've been awful)

What a load of rubbish, something needs to change before Tuesday or it may be a long night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669