Leicester 1 Preston 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preston NE were better on the day, we have a lot of work left to do to become as clinical as what needs to be in the top 6 of this division.
For me, we are top 10 this season, I have seen/heard enough to be convinced of this, and that is no bad thing. Preston have steadily grown with stability which is what we need very much, and the playing squad is still in my mind being put together, we are still a midfielder and full back away from being a very good side at this level.
This and the next match will prove as indications of where our current team's level truly is IMO - and by the way, I expect we'll get a point at least from the Riverside.

Re Neilson, don't say you weren't warned!!

Generally in football you get what you pay for. As you paid f-all that's exactly the ability of player you end up getting.

The majority of us HMFC fans were delighted he F-offed and to be honest we didn't care where. Unfortunately for you lot it was LCFC.

I'm guessing he still can't cross or pass effectively and every attack down your right hand side breaks down as soon as he gets involved.

And I bet you haven't scored from one of his throws yet................

Thank you for warning us. We will forever be in your debt.

Now - was there anything else before you go?

He must be the only Nielson i know who actually gets away with murder. As far as the game was concerned ....what Homer said.

Last edited:

Generally in football you get what you pay for. As you paid f-all that's exactly the ability of player you end up getting.

The majority of us HMFC fans were delighted he F-offed and to be honest we didn't care where. Unfortunately for you lot it was LCFC.

I'm guessing he still can't cross or pass effectively and every attack down your right hand side breaks down as soon as he gets involved.

And I bet you haven't scored from one of his throws yet................

So basically all of the above was blatantlly obvious before, this isnt new!

Looks like we have the first non debatable "Crap Signing" of the Pearson era.

I want to know which scouts watched this bloke ?

So basically all of the above was blatantlly obvious before, this isnt new!

Looks like we have the first non debatable "Crap Signing" of the Pearson era.

I want to know which scouts watched this bloke ?

A one cap "Scottish international"........generally regarded as a liability in the SPL........most ex-SPL players struggle in our second tier football.

What did we expect? What were City doing signing him?

Shall we make a list? Yeah lets make a list...

Steven Hughes
Charlie Miller
Momo Sylla
Rab Douglas
Alan Maybury
Robbie Neilson

Any more awful SPL City signings that we can add here?

De Vries...?

Shall we make a list? Yeah lets make a list...

Steven Hughes
Charlie Miller
Momo Sylla
Rab Douglas
Alan Maybury
Robbie Neilson

Any more awful SPL City signings that we can add here?

Didn't Ali Mauchlen and Gary Mac come from Hearts? or was it Motherwell, time plays tricks on the mind:icon_cry:
Ian Wilson, wasn't he from Elgin, then there's Kev Macdonald.
There was quality up north a while back.........:102:

Didn't Ali Mauchlen and Gary Mac come from Hearts? or was it Motherwell, time plays tricks on the mind:icon_cry:

Motherwell.

I still see Ian Wilson occassionally as he lives in Aberdeen. He just runs training camps after being sacked as Peterhead manager a few years back.

Yes - but there was a time when Scottish football and its international team had real quality. You could add Davie Gibson from Hibs; Bobby Roberts from Motherwell; Frank McClintock from some Scots junior club and Jackie Sinclair from Dunfirmline (I think) etc etc.

Unfortunately - the Scots don't seem to have the capacity/ structures in place to produce quality anymore. It's a shame but we ought to be factoring this reality into our recruitment policy. Players like Neilson who have been seen as poorish for a long time over the border are not likely to add any value in our league.

Yes - but there was a time when Scottish football and its international team had real quality. You could add Davie Gibson from Hibs; Bobby Roberts from Motherwell; Frank McClintock from some Scots junior club and Jackie Sinclair from Dunfirmline (I think) etc etc.

Unfortunately - the Scots don't seem to have the capacity/ structures in place to produce quality anymore. It's a shame but we ought to be factoring this reality into our recruitment policy. Players like Neilson who have been seen as poorish for a long time over the border are not likely to add any value in our league.

I would suggest it is because any half decent scottish players seem to be snapped up by Celtic/Rangers and just rot in their reserves, just to stop the other teams having a chance.

We say this yet there's been some bargains from the SPL recently to Championship clubs.

Ross Wallace, Charlie Adam, Ross McCormack to name three.

but that doesn't suit,it's easier to pick out the duffers

but that doesn't suit,it's easier to pick out the duffers

From the lot that we've signed it's considerbaly quicker to pick out the gooduns. It doesn't take any time as at all :)

Unfortunate fact is Scottish football is nowhere near the same standard as English football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669