Post Match Leicester 1 Southampton 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
The defending was heroic. I'm a mess. I think that's the most nervous I've been at a football match. Two wins and a draw will do it for me.....

We've qualified for Europe now, haven't we? Fine job.

Koeman has just been on the telly here complaining that Southampton should have had 2 penalties and Simpson a red card. I don't know what the players could have done about either one.

A fitting tribute to International Geologist's Day - Morgan was a rock!
Absolutely brilliant result - Yes it was only 1 -0, but not many keepers would have pulled off two great on-the-line type saves like Forster and that kept Saints in it right to the end (+ six minutes???)

Where the **** did they get five minutes from! Methinks the fourth official is a spurious fan.
This. Bloody madness. I thought Gray was incredible when he came on but he wanted to score. Fuchs was shouting at him to take the ball into the corner and keep it. Crowd were absolutely deafening. Marvellous, wonderful win and 3 points closer. So, so proud of the team.

There's a case for Wanyama to have been given a red for his hand off of Vardy if we're being silly.

Lol. Both ball to hand so they are the sort of decisions that tend to go against you're when your down and for you when you're up. Koeman not happy but to be fair, Wanyama should have seen red for his tackle on Vardy when he otherwise would have been clean through. Van Dijk would never have got there were it not for that tackle.

That was a performance to be proud of. Almost guaranteed Champions League and already guaranteed a club record finish I believe. Not that either of those matter with what we're aiming for :)

EDIT - just to add Danny Simpson was shit hot today. My MOTM. Also great substitutions from the boss. Basically exactly what I was praying for when I was praying for it. Okazaki and Mahrez a little off the pace today and were gradually costing the team possession up to the point they were substituted. Those subs gave us a bit more defensive solidarity in those positions.

The wheels are finally looking very shaky. In fact some have come loose.

Just not ours...

wheels.jpg

There's a case for Wanyama to have been given a red for his hand off of Vardy if we're being silly.
I think regardless of what any of the tossers say... WE'RE being 7 (Seven / VII) points clear / above / in front of / in the lead / ahead ...so they can all got swivel on their accusing fingers :p

The back five were excellent yet again but I have to single out Simpson, who was simply phenomenal. His best game in a City shirt by a distance, he had a stormer.

Superb from the entire team yet again and it is an absolute privilege to go to the games right now. The atmosphere at the ground is also the best I have ever experienced and I just can't believe it, we are gonna do it aren't we?

I used to have a soft spot for Spurs, but the relentless whinging from their fans have actually put them in the "I hope they lose every week" category.

Moaning, deluded miserable twats who can't accept the reality of the situation. I hope Arsenal finish above them. Would make me laugh.

I used to have a soft spot for Spurs, but the relentless whinging from their fans have actually put them in the "I hope they lose every week" category.

Moaning, deluded miserable twats who can't accept the reality of the situation. I hope Arsenal finish above them. Would make me laugh.

They've always wanted to be like Arsenal and it looks like it's finally happened. The next step is to demand the manager resigns.

... The next step is to demand the manager resigns.

Be a hoot if he were to jump ship and go to Utd. as all the red top gossip columns keep wanting:)

(not that it's likely to happen as I think the future he has at Spurs is far brighter than any at Old Trafford)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566