Post Match Leicester 1 Sunderland 0

I enjoyed that. They’re the first team this season I’ve seen actually have a go at us. They lack a decent forward, they haven’t got a single goal this season from one and it told.

It was interesting again to see Enzo make adjustments during the game, he really does seem like a proactive manager, which is really good to see.

We could easily have scored 3 or 4 and their keeper was terrific, but they equally could have scored a couple, so it felt like a proper game which could have gone either way. Most enjoyable game of the season so far, for me.

Can't believe we only scored 1!

I think Sunderland were very good and the first team to really give it a go.

I dunno. Think Hull did alright. Different approach, obviously, but did what they needed to.
Yes they did and in treasury were probably “better” as they achieved their goal.

Hill certainly weren’t the force that Sunderland were though.

Impressive result. Sunderland again are one of the better sides in the league. I'd say we were unfortunate it wasn't more than 1-0. We created the good chances to make it so.

Can relax tonight anyway with a few of our nearest challengers playing and hoping for one or more of Leeds, Ipswich and Preston to drop a few points..

I thought Faes was our best player last night. He was absolutely exceptional in the first half. His pass that eventually led to Nacho hitting the post was a delight.

I think Sunderland do deserve a lot of credit for the game too. I still think we should have won more comfortably than we did.

I didn't think the game was in the balance 4-2 would have been a better reflection of the more clear cut chances. They disrupted our normal flow at times and we got it going at others and agree, with a striker they could be very dangerous.

It was good to see the manager and team using intelligence to win the game. Under Rodgers we'd have lost. The after match comments from KDH says it all IMO. Even Jobi in the studio said we did everything right since relegation. We were all bed wetting all summer long for no reason it seems.

Any updates from our Zambian Facebook correspondent SilverFox SilverFox ?

What did our friends make of their boy’s unexpected cameo last night?

Any updates from our Zambian Facebook correspondent SilverFox SilverFox ?

What did our friends make of their boy’s unexpected cameo last night?
Facebook will be awash with shit.

Well that was an expensive 2 minutes as they were saying he was not playing due to 5m being payable on his next appearance.

We were all bed wetting all summer long for no reason it seems.
For me it was all reliant on the managerial situation. It was imperative we got that right. I was pretty excited personally when I heard the links with Enzo as I like what I'd read about his time managing in Italy and he'd been involved in the coaching setup of a few top managers for a number of years. Many were decrying it as too much of a shot in the dark but even I have been surprised how quickly performances and results have come together. His management has been superb. His footballing philosophy, his substitutions have shown he can read a game well, and more impressively how he has turned around what must have been really poor squad morale/confidence.

Some people saying we were lucky but I'm not so sure. We had numerous really good chances last night:

1. Casadei should have scored with two efforts that were tipped around the post
2. Mavadidi hit the post
3. Iheanacho hit the post
4. Iheanacho put one wide after being played through by Casadei
5. Fatawu had a stonewall penalty for me (a foul that continued well into the box)

Some people saying we were lucky but I'm not so sure. We had numerous really good chances last night:

1. Casadei should have scored with two efforts that were tipped around the post
2. Mavadidi hit the post
3. Iheanacho hit the post
4. Iheanacho put one wide after being played through by Casadei
5. Fatawu had a stonewall penalty for me (a foul that continued well into the box)
Fatawu was assaulted outside the box initially. The referee was correct.

I'm not sure on the ruling but for me it looked a penalty. The fould started outside the box but it became significant enough to cause Fatawu to go to ground once he had entered the box.

I'm sorry to say that you are incorrect and the referee was incorrect. Excerpt from Law 12:
If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues holding inside the penalty area, the referee must award a penalty kick.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563