Post Match Leicester 1 Wolves 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know hes not a right winger but I would feel we would be better off with Praet on the field instead of Perez - he just loses the ball so often, in every game Ive watched in recent times. I guess Brendan just doesn't like him

Soooooo good to back. Forgotten how ****ing wonderful it all is, but it really is ****ing ace.

Sadly spoilt by a pretty poor game of football. Perez was just completely ****ing hopeless, and Maddison not far behind him.

I’m afraid Amartey just isn’t good enough to play in this team, and that’s that. If we are starting lots of matches with him and that total **** Perez, then this is going to be a tough watch all season. Thank the good Lord that Traore couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo.

Vardy was just simply fantastic - hopefully silencing the stupids who think he’s finished. Ricky P also bang on the money, along with Tielemans and Ndidi. God they are good players.

Thomas really struggled in that second half when they pressed high. Barnes a few weeks off it yet, methinks

Nacho coming on made a massive difference in my opinion. He and Vardy together look so threatening, even though Vardy had ran his bollocks off by that point.

Vestergaard and Soumare looked a bit like rabbits in the headlights. Much improvement to be seen in both of them.

We got out of jail, and got the three points (somehow), and that’ll do nicely.

But the real story is being back in a full stadium, shouting and screaming and singing like an idiot. And especially shouting at the total **** of a ref, who seemed to think it was some sort of pre season friendly. Hopeless twat

****ing hell, I’ve missed it. I’ve missed it bad

Christ, you must have enjoyed it. And, I suspect, had a few beers?

I don't think I've ever seen such a happy, positive, excited post from Homer (Perez excluded!)

Glad you enjoyed being back Homey!

I know hes not a right winger but I would feel we would be better off with Praet on the field instead of Perez - he just loses the ball so often, in every game Ive watched in recent times. I guess Brendan just doesn't like him

I mean, Perez isn't much of a right winger either is he?

1st league game of the season we got a Scrappy 3 points with a clean sheet, the next two games are winnable what's not to like

I think he picks Perez for his ability to intercept possession back for us. For the life of me, I can't really see what else there is to his game.

I'm all for rotation this season. I am happy to have better players on the bench sometimes because we're managing our squad. But there is no way Iheanacho should be on the bench. It's criminal that he sits there whilst Perez and Maddison ponce about on the pitch.

A win against Portuguese Burnley is always welcome. Some very sloppy stuff at times but is to be expected. When Youri is ****ing up a 2 yard pass you make allowances for all.

The whole balance of the team cries out for a right winger of a similar style and ability to Harvey.
Think Rodgers made the right calls at the right time today. Maddison was coming deeper and less and less effective as Wolves grew into it and it was the perfect time to bring on Soumare and Vestergaard and change shape.
Amartey and Vestergaard both made mistakes, but I felt they also contributed with a couple of important tackles. Probably what I’d expect from back up defenders.
I think Thomas deserves extra praise for being thrown in late on and contributing to a clean sheet.
How good it was to see Vardy back on it, I think putting the ball in the back of the net early on, despite being offside, really gave him the confidence he needed.
Youri, Wilf, Cags we’re class.
And Nacho did his job fantastically.

Wolves set up to counter and these have often been the teams we have struggled against. Vital start for a top 4 season. Just made my honeymoon a little better.

I thought Connor Coady did well for them. Surprised he doesn't have more teams interested in him, always looked solid.

Get Amartey and Perez out and bring in Vestergaard and Kelechi and i think i like yhe look of this team.

Soumare showed us a bit today too.

I thought Connor Coady did well for them. Surprised he doesn't have more teams interested in him, always looked solid.

Get Amartey and Perez out and bring in Vestergaard and Kelechi and i think i like yhe look of this team.

Soumare showed us a bit today too.

What do you do with the shape if Nacho goes in for Perez though?

Well, I loved it. So, so good to be back. As always, Perez wasn't nearly as bad as some folk are suggesting. He won the ball back lots of times and was far better on it than Barnes who was really not at the races at all.

Soumare looked so clumsy but time will tell on him. Amartey however.... ****ing hell what a bombscare. I also don't agree at all with the praise of Iheanacho. He was lazy, his movement was terrible and at one point you could see Vardy's complete frustration when he tried to play him through and Nacho didn't have a Scooby what the **** was going on around him.

Ricardo, Ndidi, Soyuncu, all superb but Vardy was different level. Of course, he's not integral though...... **** sake.

Well, I loved it. So, so good to be back. As always, Perez wasn't nearly as bad as some folk are suggesting. He won the ball back lots of times and was far better on it than Barnes who was really not at the races at all.

Soumare looked so clumsy but time will tell on him. Amartey however.... ****ing hell what a bombscare. I also don't agree at all with the praise of Iheanacho. He was lazy, his movement was terrible and at one point you could see Vardy's complete frustration when he tried to play him through and Nacho didn't have a Scooby what the **** was going on around him.

Ricardo, Ndidi, Soyuncu, all superb but Vardy was different level. Of course, he's not integral though...... **** sake.
Agree Perez works hard and wins balls back, probably why hes in the team(as brown nose suggested, but that cant be his only function, I would argue we are better served by having someone who can retain the ball for than a few seconds and offer some kind of attacking threat.

Even with the beer goggles on Perez is useless, he won't play many games when we have a fit squad

I think we all agree that a right winger would be ideal so that we could use Perez as a perfectly adequate squad player instead of a regular starter but he wasn't bad at all today. He was certainly better than Barnes and Soumare.

This is the thing with Perez. His competition is just an ageing Marc Albrighton. Perez did ok today for me, but even when he has a good game it's generally just because he's managed not to do anything bad than that he did anything particularly good.

Madders for me was the only one that was noticeably off it today.

Good to finally see Ricardo back to his best as well.

This is the thing with Perez. His competition is just an ageing Marc Albrighton. Perez did ok today for me, but even when he has a good game it's generally just because he's managed not to do anything bad than that he did anything particularly good.

Madders for me was the only one that was noticeably off it today.

Good to finally see Ricardo back to his best as well.
Yep, I’d go with this. There’s a massive amplification of anything he does at the moment as he’s under the microscope. He did his job adequately today. Would I prefer a more dynamic winger? Of course but that doesn’t mean Perez is the Josh Low some are making him out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566