Leicester 2:0 MK Dons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Leicester 2 MK Dons 0

Yep, getting the 3 points was vital today I think. First game always seems to set the tone for the whole season with us, so important to get a good start.

Have we got a midweek game this week? Don't like to wait too long.

Pearson interview on RL now

Indeed only 2nd time we won our opening game in last 10 years apperently.

The other occasion was our promotion winning season with micky adams.

The ref was excellent as well and allowed the game to follow. Any 50/50 stuff was played on, offsides where the ball ended up with the goalie played on, no silly bookings, no silly whistle blowing.

The ref was excellent
Apart from giving a goal kick from Fryatt's free kick when it was quite clearly the most obvious corner in the world. And apart from giving a penalty which IMO never was, but I appreciate that's only an opinion as apart from lots of fans around me, nobody agrees.

For a first game of the season, with several new signings, several youngsters, a rookie manager and the possibility of a relegation hangover I thought it was a very promising performance and a very good result.

Pearson has instilled a really good team spirit and togetherness within the squad, something I haven't witnessed for a long time.

We played some decent attacking football, we closed down well when not in possession and did the ugly things well.

What really pleased me was that when we did lose our way in the second half, we did'nt concede and still had enough to kill the game off.

Very positive and the biggest plus is that there is a lot more to come from this team.

And thank the lord that in Matt Oakley we have actually found a real captain !!!

Stand up Nigel Pearson and take a bow, well done :038:

i agree with all that a-z, oakley fryatt and especially gradel stood out in fact gradel my motm, looks a cracking little player

Here you go, BG

Pie_01.JPG

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Beer tasted bloody good on Saturday nighht after a tasty portion of football.
Can't expect everything on the first date, but obviously some fans do!!!

Hopefully, a precedent has been set, future is looking it's rosiest for a longtime.

One down point, wankers in SK2 (noticed the block walls still had old block letters on), please do not sing "stand up if you love Leicester" so fecking much.
If you sang it less frequently, ie once every 10 games, you might get a decent response, but 5 times in the first 17 minutes of a game is stupid.

That aside, a good day out, I even won at pool;)

Re: Leicester 2 MK Dons 0

Luvvly Jubbly :038:

3pts, good start. First twenty minutes very, very impressive.

I do have some concerns:

Fryatt = Good job he got two goals, job done for him so no need to comment on the rest of the shite he served up.

Tunchev = Dodgy, all arms and worried me, I expect him to give a few penalties away. Solid though.

Mattock = He was pissed all over in the second half. If he's England material, then so am I.
Howard = Somebody told me he played, I never noticed TBH.

But overall largely impressed :038:

Im pleased its not just me that thinks hes average........:icon_cool

Beer tasted bloody good on Saturday nighht after a tasty portion of football.
Can't expect everything on the first date, but obviously some fans do!!!

Hopefully, a precedent has been set, future is looking it's rosiest for a longtime.

One down point, wankers in SK2 (noticed the block walls still had old block letters on), please do not sing "stand up if you love Leicester" so fecking much.
If you sang it less frequently, ie once every 10 games, you might get a decent response, but 5 times in the first 17 minutes of a game is stupid.

That aside, a good day out, I even won at pool;)

i dont know why people still bother with that, it worked at Filbo because most people were already standing up but at the Walkers no can be arsed apart the guys that always do it.

And yet when no one stood up i heard a few boos from at the MK Dons match, booing their own fans because they cant be arsed to stand up. Of course everyone loves leicester or we all wouldnt be there. Bloody BM

I might stand a new chant 'sit down if you love leicester' and then boo the guys standing at the back of the Kop.

i dont know why people still bother with that, it worked at Filbo because most people were already standing up but at the Walkers no can be arsed apart the guys that always do it.

And yet when no one stood up i heard a few boos from at the MK Dons match, booing their own fans because they cant be arsed to stand up. Of course everyone loves leicester or we all wouldnt be there. Bloody BM

I might stand a new chant 'sit down if you love leicester' and then boo the guys standing at the back of the Kop.

Has BG apologised to you yet Scarby ?

BG doesn't need to apologise, he was right. You ask him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669