Leicester 2:0 MK Dons

Status
Not open for further replies.
being a young side may have contributed to that lacklustre second half performance.

a little tinkering here and there,and we could have a very exciting team to watch at the walkers.

With a very new side, we one 2-0. Job done.....Onwards now. Let's be positive.

Re: Leicester 2 MK Dons 0

also on the bench pearson only had kish as back up in midfield,which could easily have backfired

It looked to me as if Kish was the only cover at either full back as well, unless one of the centre backs was expected to cover there. It was a serious worry when Mattock went down in the second half.

I agree with early comments that the midfield went absent in the second half and would have liked to see Kishishev come on for King after 60 minutes or so. I thought king played fairly well in the first half, but disappeared in the second.

I also thought Gilbert was better defensively in the second half.

Does anyone know why Adams didn't even make the bench after he was used so much in pre-season?

For a first game of the season, with several new signings, several youngsters, a rookie manager and the possibility of a relegation hangover I thought it was a very promising performance and a very good result.

Pearson has instilled a really good team spirit and togetherness within the squad, something I haven't witnessed for a long time.

We played some decent attacking football, we closed down well when not in possession and did the ugly things well.

What really pleased me was that when we did lose our way in the second half, we did'nt concede and still had enough to kill the game off.

Very positive and the biggest plus is that there is a lot more to come from this team.

And thank the lord that in Matt Oakley we have actually found a real captain !!!

Stand up Nigel Pearson and take a bow, well done :038:

For a first game of the season, with several new signings, several youngsters, a rookie manager and the possibility of a relegation hangover I thought it was a very promising performance and a very good result.

Pearson has instilled a really good team spirit and togetherness within the squad, something I haven't witnessed for a long time.

We played some decent attacking football, we closed down well when not in possession and did the ugly things well.

What really pleased me was that when we did lose our way in the second half, we did'nt concede and still had enough to kill the game off.

Very positive and the biggest plus is that there is a lot more to come from this team.

And thank the lord that in Matt Oakley we have actually found a real captain !!!

Completely agree with every word, top post

Good result.

First twenty minutes, we battered them.

Its a bit of a shame we could not keep that up for the entire game but that’s to be expected.

If I was to be critical I though Tunchev used his arms more than his feet, Mattock looked like a rabbit in the headlights. Again. and Gilbert, good going forward but was a little out of position at times.

Hobbs looked good when he came on. I think there is a good centre defence partnership there with him and Morrison.

Oakley must be loving it. Easy money. He looked class.

Thought we lost a little when Howard went off. Big Dickov fan but it went a little quiet up front when he came on.

Good result all told. Not going to blow smoke up NP's arse but a very good start.

You'll do for me, PFKA.

Sums it up nicely for me - though I was a bit concerned that too many players looked too tired too early ( King by half time, Dyer not much after in particular, but quite few more by the time the second goal came). Hope it's early season rustiness rather than a more serious fitness problem in the squad.

Fryatt could have set up at least two scoring opportunities for team mates in better positions, he chose to cling on to the ball himself and shoot at some shins instead.

And as you pointed out, he was getting tackled, and not past.

He did however play better than I have seen him play for a while, and he did score both goals.

I for one, absolutely agree with you Melts, At least twice in the First half he could and should have played in one of 2 or 3 midfielders all queuing up to take a pop.

Don't get me wrong, delighted with the win, delighted for Fryatt he's got him self a brace of goals. But as I say to the team my lad plays for. There's as much if not more to think about and learn after a victory as there is in defeat, as Victory can often paper over any cracks that appear!

Last edited:
good result, good performance....tunchev looks half asleep when the ball is floating above his head though. other than him and the girl playing right back i thought overall we did well for most of the match, late in second half mattock went walkabout for some reason. not sure how confident to be after that result as if McDons are third favourites (as i've been told) then this league should be piss easy, on the other hand McDons looked like a team of shite which wasn't being managed. I'd be fuming if we had their manager as he never left his dugout despite the players not really seeming to understand what was needed to get back in the game

Scarby, I don't give a flying fcuk what the BBC say, it seems those ****s have it wrong as well. Watch it on SSN and then report back to me with a big "I AM SORRY"
FFS you lot moan about RL and the BBC and all, and then quote the fcukers to TRY and back up something that is wrong. Look on the BBC teletext it also backs me up.

Argumentative ****!

Dickov never touched it, just watched it on the championship.

Dickov never touched it

reading that made me think of la manga for some reason :icon_lol: i thought dickov did brilliantly to square it using Gradel's foot :icon_wink

Scarby, I don't give a flying fcuk what the BBC say, it seems those ****s have it wrong as well. Watch it on SSN and then report back to me with a big "I AM SORRY"
FFS you lot moan about RL and the BBC and all, and then quote the fcukers to TRY and back up something that is wrong. Look on the BBC teletext it also backs me up.

Argumentative ****!
Never mind, BG, they do look quite similar - easy mistake to make :102:

Max did all the hard work though.

he passed the ball to Dickov, and Dickov squared it to Matty. Stop being fcuking stupid !

Was it? Looked like Gradel from my seat.

no mate, it was literally in front of us. This is my time to be right...:icon_cool

He may well have took on four players, but Dickov squared it. If he had chosen to shoot, we would have won 1-0.

You are always stupid.......:icon_bigg ask Melton

Gradel won the ball in a challenge, beat a couple of players, passed to Dickov who thought about shooting before he squared to Fryatt who picked his spot.

Argumentative ****!

Nice one Hazza.........:038::038::038::038:

In your face Scarby!
In your face, BG & Hazza :icon_lol:

And I'm sticking by this after seeing the tele.

Me and the missus just cringed at the dubious nature of it, makes a change for us to get them rather than go against us though so I shan't complain.

Me and the missus just cringed at the dubious nature of it, makes a change for us to get them rather than go against us though so I shan't complain.
I was saying to mg last night that getting penalties at home is always something that successful clubs benefit from. Gives me some positives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669