Leicester 2:0 MK Dons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Leicester 2 MK Dons 0

Luvvly Jubbly :038:

3pts, good start. First twenty minutes very, very impressive.

I do have some concerns:

Fryatt = Good job he got two goals, job done for him so no need to comment on the rest of the shite he served up.

Tunchev = Dodgy, all arms and worried me, I expect him to give a few penalties away. Solid though.

Mattock = He was pissed all over in the second half. If he's England material, then so am I.

Howard = Somebody told me he played, I never noticed TBH.

But overall largely impressed :038:

Re: MK Dons

That didn't really come across on Sky, they basically said we bossed the whole game and were, I quote, 'too good' for MK Dons.

:icon_eek: :icon_eek:

a good win but we totally lost our way in the second half and were the poorer side for most of it. Plenty to work on!!

Differences of opininion and all that. I thought Fryatt had a very good game, caused a lot of problems and forced a few last minute tackles.

Howard played well knocking down the ball and we looked a bit worse when he went off.

Gradel looked superb and Dyer looked good when we used him.

Differences of opininion and all that. I thought Fryatt had a very good game, caused a lot of problems and forced a few last minute tackles.

Howard played well knocking down the ball and we looked a bit worse when he went off.

Gradel looked superb and Dyer looked good when we used him.

The Sky Reporter (Brynn Law) said Fryatt was the best player on the park and we were simply too good for them.

Last edited:

From the Northampton Chronicle...looks like we have a couple of new strikers, Fryer and Fryat. :icon_roll

Foxes ace Fryer at double to sink Dons

Matt Fryer struck twice to sink MK Dons and give Leicester City a winning start to life in League One.
Fryer picked himself up after being hacked down by Sean O'Hanlon to score from the penalty spot and give Leicester, second favourites for the title behind Leeds United, a 1-0 lead.

O'Hanlon was booked for the foul in the 22nd minute, and the goal was no more than Foxes deserved for their early play.

Lloyd Dyer had earlier gone close from inside the box, while the troublesome Fryer had drilled a 25-yard freekick over the bar.

And although Fryer continued to cause Dons worry, there was no further scoring before half-time.

Dons stepped up a gear in the second half and dominated possession, but just as they looked as if they could push for a share of the spoils Fryatt popped up with his second goal.

And substitute Paul Dickov, who returned to Leicester this week, played his part with Dyer, slipping the ball across the ball for Fryat to fire home.

Fryatt could have set up at least two scoring opportunities for team mates in better positions, he chose to cling on to the ball himself and shoot at some shins instead.

And as you pointed out, he was getting tackled, and not past.

He did however play better than I have seen him play for a while, and he did score both goals.

Last edited:

Fryatt could have set up at least two scoring opportunities for team mates in better positions, he chose to cling on to the ball himself and shoot at some shins instead.

He did however play better than I have seen him play for a while, and he did score both goals.

He's going to replace Hume for you this season isn't he ? Is it a Goalscorer thing with you ?:)

Good to have a positive start rather than the usual opening day disaster. I also expect the MK Dons to be up there, and this to look a better result as the season develops.
Early days indeed, but nice to be able to pick up a Sunday paper for a change.:icon_bigg

He's going to replace Hume for you this season isn't he ? Is it a Goalscorer thing with you ?:)
No, I like Fryatt, I didn't like Hume. I just gave an honest opinion of what I witnessed.

Pretty good performance generally.Thought we lost our way a bit for about the first half hour of the second half and were under a bit of pressure, but the second goal killed them off.

Gradel was excellent. Thought Gilbert was dreadful.

Very satisfactory opening day.

He wasn't the only one to hog the ball, both Graedel and Dyer were the same. Hopefully it will come with playing as a team for a bit longer, getting to know the off the ball movement of the other players.

I don't think anyone had a truly bad game today, though Gilbert struggled at times, Dyer faded in the second half and the midfielders generally lost control second half.

Dickov looked his old self. Howard won most in the air and whilst still slow, flicked on to Fryatt well. Defence kept a clean sheet, but were caught out at times.

I expect that it will get better with time and a positive start to a season at last.

Weak link was King. The only one to have an awful game.

Just got back from the Walkers very happy.

On the whole we put in a good team performance. Stars of today would be Fryatt with his two goals, Gradel who bossed the right wing and looked very tricky at times and Morrison at the back who looked solid.

Everyone put in everything and we can move on from this. I thought at times we looked shakey at the back, Tunchev looked nervous he didnt commit to everything but im sure this will be ironed out in games to come.

Gilbert wanted the ball and linked up well with Gradel very impressed with him.

Happy days

Not bad. Always nice to get a win and a clean sheet. If the teams in this division are all the same quality as MK Dons we'll piss this division. I'll wait and see a few more games before I get carried away.

Cracking reporter there:icon_eek: he couldnt get the player who passed the ball to Matty right as of course it was Gradel

It was Dickov who passed it to Matty for his second goal......:icon_roll

You are as bad as the reporter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673