Leicester 2:0 MK Dons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Leicester 2 MK Dons 0

Good to have a positive start rather than the usual opening day disaster. I also expect the MK Dons to be up there, and this to look a better result as the season develops.
Early days indeed, but nice to be able to pick up a Sunday paper for a change.:icon_bigg

Not that we'll actually be mentioned in it... ;)

Good to see King get in, was anyone there? Did he play well? How about Morrison?

feckin awful, either he improves a lot more or they keep him away from the 1st team.

It was Dickov who passed it to Matty for his second goal......:icon_roll

You are as bad as the reporter

Max did all the hard work though.

feckin awful, either he improves a lot more or they keep him away from the 1st team.

King wasnt that bad. Yes he may have been the worst on the pitch but i wouldnt discribe his performance as feckin awful

Not that we'll actually be mentioned in it... ;)

Aye, i'll be surpised if we get more than a sentence. Even so i can still spend an hour with my head stuck in the sports pages. When we lose it makes a bog roll:icon_lol:

Fryatt's two goals make him look bettter than he is. He doesn't take on defenders and still bounces off them. Howard does not bounce off them but is slow and does not check where to do his flick-ons so they often go to the other side!

Dickov was Dickov! Better able to judge him when he plays more than the last 30 minutes.

I thought Gradel was outstanding. Chased everything. Some good ball skills. He will be a great player.

2-0 looked comfortable but City, as usual, took their foot off the gas after they scored and MK Dons were allowed far too much possession in the second half.

That said we did start with 6 new players on the park so they will need time to get to know each positionally, e.g. Fryatt will always be 2 yards offside, Howard will never chase a ball more than 2 yards away from him!

Max did all the hard work though.

King wasnt that bad. Yes he may have been the worst on the pitch but i wouldnt discribe his performance as feckin awful

he passed the ball to Dickov, and Dickov squared it to Matty. Stop being fcuking stupid !

King was awful, he only gets away with it because evrybody else played a good game and we won.

Fryatt's two goals make him look bettter than he is. He doesn't take on defenders and still bounces off them. Howard does not bounce off them but is slow and does not check where to do his flick-ons so they often go to the other side!

Dickov was Dickov! Better able to judge him when he plays more than the last 30 minutes.

I thought Gradel was outstanding. Chased everything. Some good ball skills. He will be a great player.

2-0 looked comfortable but City, as usual, took their foot off the gas after they scored and MK Dons were allowed far too much possession in the second half.

That said we did start with 6 new players on the park so they will need time to get to know each positionally, e.g. Fryatt will always be 2 yards offside, Howard will never chase a ball more than 2 yards away from him!
Pretty much my thoughts too.

Last edited:

no mate, it was literally in front of us. This is my time to be right...:icon_cool
I'm not doubting you as I was at the other end, it just looked it was Gradel that set it up as opposed to Dickov.

he passed the ball to Dickov, and Dickov squared it to Matty. Stop being fcuking stupid !

Max took on 3 or 4 players!

why am i being fcuking stupid?:icon_roll

He may well have took on four players, but Dickov squared it. If he had chosen to shoot, we would have won 1-0.

You are always stupid.......:icon_bigg ask Melton

I'm not doubting you as I was at the other end, it just looked it was Gradel that set it up as opposed to Dickov.

I know what you mean.

On the way out some **** was going on about MaxG and how he won the penalty, I fear Max may have taken over from Hume in the fans eyes.

I know what you mean.

On the way out some **** was going on about MaxG and how he won the penalty, I fear Max may have taken over from Hume in the fans eyes.
I didn't think it was a penalty.

Good game today. I was particularly impressed with Gradel and Gilbert, looks like they have a good understanding going covering for each other. It is also good to see the defence doing well. Tunchev did a good job of being in players prockets all afternoon, which is difficult to do without giving too many fouls away. Without havig too much of a dig, I hardly noticed Howard and king during the game, but thats perhaps, because they didn't see much of the ball.

I got a bit worried in the second half for about 15 minutes, when they started to pass the ball around about a bit. But I think they only worried the defence twice during this period, without ever threatening to score.

Good start city, keep it up.

i have to say, although gradel might not have the history to be a fans' fave like dickov, he works his pissing arse off and he gets results. star player of the match EASILY,
second half was a bit weak n wimpy
but a bloody good game. keep it up lads!

Good game today. I was particularly impressed with Gradel and Gilbert, looks like they have a good understanding going covering for each other. It is also good to see the defence doing well. Tunchev did a good job of being in players prockets all afternoon, which is difficult to do without giving too many fouls away. Without havig too much of a dig, I hardly noticed Howard and king during the game, but thats perhaps, because they didn't see much of the ball.

I got a bit worried in the second half for about 15 minutes, when they started to pass the ball around about a bit. But I think they only worried the defence twice during this period, without ever threatening to score.

Good start city, keep it up.

Agreed with that, good game but it is only the first match :icon_bigg

Decent performance, an all-around team performance. I don't think anyone was worth of highlighting as great or as dreadful. I did watch us today with a certain expectation for us to make the odd mistake - we had a lot of newbies and young lads today, nothing was going to be perfect. Some of them are still raw.

I thought King looked knackered about 60 mins into the game. He had a decent first half.

And well done Matt Oakley for at times looking like a captain.

Well Matty himself on RL said it was all Gradels work that set up his 2nd goal so not sure who's right:102:

Gradel won the ball in a challenge, beat a couple of players, passed to Dickov who thought about shooting before he squared to Fryatt who picked his spot.

I wasn't bothered, as I won £140 on Fryatt first to score and a 2-0 win. :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669