Leicester 2 - 1 Crewe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Told you fryatt is rubbish!

http://www.lcfc.com/page/MatchReport/0,,10274~44253,00.html

But the Foxes did take the lead in the 15th minute through leading marksman Fryatt.
Joe Mattock played in Dyer down the left flank before the pacy winger laid the ball back for the striker. He did the rest, composting himself before curling the ball past Tomlinson and into the top right hand corner much to the delight of the Blue Army.

Well done Andy King, and all us three members of the 'he's not all that bad' fan club - me Thrax, and Ch4mbo.

We are top of the league, say we are top of the league! (With Andy King's weirdo help) !!!!

:)

Actually I've been pro Andy King and not just when it's been fashionable to be.

andy king... the polariser

:)

What was wrong with Stearman tonight. Is he injured?

Andy King's the best.

RARRRRGH, we're the mighty foxes. I love the third division.

Flipping hate teams that stick 10 men behind the ball but thats what we will get this year.

still thought martin should of kept the goal out at his near post. campbells fault but thought he did quite well today.

tunchev is just quality. morrison was good apart from a few stray passes that nearly got us in trouble

Type of game we feck up, so well done City:038:

Another 3pts towards safety:icon_bigg

Seriously though i feel we are starting to end 1 or 2 negatives.

At long last our home record looks much more respectable.
We also have a goalscorer who oppenents might start paying attention to.
Consequently i hope that will allow others to contribute, as the oppostion concentrate their efforts in stopping Fryatt.

Also it was important to win whilst top. Thats something we have not done in the past, and imo the longer we stay top the more belief the players will have in themselves.

Just for the record can any statto tell me the last time we won a lge game whilst top of any lge table. I honestly cant remember us doing so since about 1980:102:

I will quote myself from an earlier thread to claim to be a founder member of the "Andy King is not that bad club."

It is so interesting to get these rankings. I do, however, think it is a pity to make such a cheap jibe about Andy King. He is a young lad who has done well to force his way into the team ahead of more experienced players such as Kishishev and Weso. According to the rankings he was about average for a team that won away from home and better than the young England fullback and Leicester's expensive striker. What is more he scored the winning goal. Give the young lad a break

I thought we were excellent until they scored. Matty Fryatt did really well with his goal. I couldn't make out what happened with their goal except that someone messed up - was it Morrison. I thought Martin might have saved that shot. After they scored I thought we were very poor. However, there seemed to be some improvement when Howard came on for Campbell. Maxie had moments when he was very good and moments when he was terrible. I liked the way Edgeworth seemed to be encouraging Gradel.

I should like to say that to ensure that I am in a minority of one, I reckon Matty Fryatt is fast-footed and superb when he has confidence, that Andy King is oddly unexpected and therefore in the team every week (for me), that DJ is a waste of a place and shouldn't even be on the bench, that Howard is a total clump but OK on his day, that Hobbs should be returned to the pool, that Dyer is magic, that Oakley is capable in this division, that Gradel will play better after April, that Tunchev plays better in winter, that Morrison will prove his worth, that Powell is a real grafter with still a bit of pace, that Mattock is in love with his own legend in a lunchbox but is very promising, and that............tarah tarah........Nigel Pearson appears to know what he is doing.

I'm happy with the way things are going right now.

I hope I've said enough to be shot down in flames :)

Last edited:
Told you fryatt is rubbish!

http://www.lcfc.com/page/MatchReport/0,,10274~44253,00.html

But the Foxes did take the lead in the 15th minute through leading marksman Fryatt.
Joe Mattock played in Dyer down the left flank before the pacy winger laid the ball back for the striker. He did the rest, composting himself before curling the ball past Tomlinson and into the top right hand corner much to the delight of the Blue Army.

I'm sure Dyer and Mattock were the other way round, I said at the time, splendid ball into the box from Mattock.

I thought we were excellent until they scored. Matty Fryatt did really well with his goal. I couldn't make out what happened with their goal except that someone messed up - was it Morrison. I thought Martin might have saved that shot.

Morrison didn't give any help at all to Campbell, but I agree that Martin maybe shouldve done better with the shot.

First 25 mins were good, played it about well etc, after they scored it all went panicky and even when King scored it was still nervy.

They don't make it easy do they?

One word that describes last nights game - UNCONVINCING.

We play so shit at home - this could shaft us come the end of the season.

Well feck it - that's a few times we had these types of teams and we seem to be winning. So I can't argue and the same applies to Andy King.

December looks a difficult month but that may work our favour as the players seem more motivated against the top sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00