Post Match Leicester 2 - 2 Watford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

Drinkwater with a screamer at the death. We were lucky, played pretty woefully in my opinion.
Tell me that is one of our bad showings please?
By the way, it is 4.07 am here so excuse me if i make any typos. Been on the sauce for quite a while.
Knockaert had a shocker, I like him but am starting to wonder if we might be better off playing a chicken with a head instead. I guess he gives us that unknown, but I am starting to know that it'll be a flick here, a flick there and them a ooops followed by a what the funk was that.

Last edited:
Wouldn't say lucky, we weren't great but we came up against a typical Italian side that sat back and hoped to score the few chances they can be bothered to create. Had we bothered with defending in the first half we'd have won comfortably I reckon. What the **** Knocky was doing for 90mins is beyond me. A draw a fair but disappointing result I think.

I think woeful is probably a bit harsh but surely that was a woeful display in terms of this season for us....wasn't it? In comparison?

by the way, watched the feed from the French station, Canal - excellent. No skips for 97 minutes. Ok, the commentary was in French but c'est la vie.

Knocky was the weak link in the team for me; didnt seem to look before he passed the ball most of the time. Thank god for Drinkwater's brilliant equalizer... happy with a point that's for sure!

I don't think Knockaert was any worse than a lot of the others in the team. I thought Drinkwater for 94 mins 59 secs had a poor game but sometimes one second is all you need. I really thought we were going to nick a winner when James went through.

I didn´t think we played bad.......RDL at fault for their 2nd. Top marks for coming back from 0-2, credit to Udinese for taking the game to us & Almunia prevented us from winning 4-2. Great kicking from Kasper towards the end, putting dangerous balls into their area. When the ball hit Woody in the face, I was disappointed it didn´t go in! French commentary was quite an experience & the commentator hit the roof when Drinky equalised. Lovely stuff.

Only a point for us but huge victory for football given Watford's complete anti-football tactics and disgraceful play acting.

We weren't our best but it is hard to score when the other team has all 11 players in half of their half of the pitch and expresses little to no desire in playing football whatsoever. Watford have recreated Felix Baumgartner's fall with their decline in playing football so no wonder their fans arrived on skateboard. Point was deserved but Nuge should have won it for us at the end.

Knocky wasn't his best but he wasn't the worst. Dyer was almost non-existent and offered nothing whereas at least Knocky never stopped running and was constantly on the move trying to make space or create something.

Obviously their first goal seemed miles offside but I wasn't really looking for it at the game as was worried enough about Deeney's shot! Any of the streaming people get chance to see a reply of it as it did look dubious to say the least as well as a few others.

Only a point for us but huge victory for football given Watford's complete anti-football tactics and disgraceful play acting.

We weren't our best but it is hard to score when the other team has all 11 players in half of their half of the pitch and expresses little to no desire in playing football whatsoever. Watford have recreated Felix Baumgartner's fall with their decline in playing football so no wonder their fans arrived on skateboard. Point was deserved but Nuge should have won it for us at the end.

Knocky wasn't his best but he wasn't the worst. Dyer was almost non-existent and offered nothing whereas at least Knocky never stopped running and was constantly on the move trying to make space or create something.

Obviously their first goal seemed miles offside but I wasn't really looking for it at the game as was worried enough about Deeney's shot! Any of the streaming people get chance to see a reply of it as it did look dubious to say the least as well as a few others.

True.......I forgot to mention the shameful play-acting/cheating from some of their players.......but what more can You expect from Italian players? PS their 1st goal was "fringe".... decision could have gone either way.

Last edited:
Only a point for us but huge victory for football given Watford's complete anti-football tactics.

Why do you class it as "anti-football tactics" for a mid-table side to go a goal up away to the team that is multiple points clear at the top of the table and then put 11 men behind the ball and play counter-attacking football (and in this case look dangerous with it)?

Will you think the same if Leicester go up and do a similar tactic away at The Etihad or The Emirates next season?

True.......I forgot to mention the shameful play-acting/cheating from some of their players.......but what more can You expect from Italian players? PS their 1st goal was "fringe".... decision could have gone either way.

Those Italians - they just have the moral fortitude of the Danes or Polish or Belgians or French or French/Algerians do they?

Why do you class it as "anti-football tactics" for a mid-table side to go a goal up away to the team that is multiple points clear at the top of the table and then put 11 men behind the ball and play counter-attacking football (and in this case look dangerous with it)?

Will you think the same if Leicester go up and do a similar tactic away at The Etihad or The Emirates next season?

What did they gain today? Surely in their mid-table position, they need to fashion a tactic for next season. It was bordering on pointless. In fact quite ironic to here Watford fans rave about football style and model when they play like that.

Because they played it from the start and got extremely lucky with their goals. The linesman could have easily flagged for the first goal and De Laet should have dealt with the ball before losing it to Forestieri. If they didn't happen they would have done absolutely nothing in the game apart from audition for parts in Hollyoakes.

As Hazz says, they are supposed to be one of the best football sides in the league but didn't attempt to play once today.

Fair enough if it was Yeovil or Barnsley but Watford were meant to be promotion candidates and look a million miles away from the team they were last season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670