Post Match Leicester 2 Birmingham 1

Bit puzzled as to why we are giving that many away tickets to visiting teams.

We only have to give them 2,000. Sooner give them that and go to general sale asap - and have a few empty seats, if necessary

Bit stupid
Probably so that the atmosphere is better.

Well, in the end I'm absolutely delighted with

a) a vital win on a day when everybody else shat the bed

b) the fact that the worst ' titting about at the back ' goal you'll ever see didn't cost us anything

Onwards
Dunno, Everton’s goal against Burnley yesterday was really quite special

Club hates its own fans.
Derby County were charging the same to meet and greet two of its players. My daughter would have got in for free because she plays for the girls' team but luckily she didn't want any part of it. I would suggest most clubs are also doing stupid shit like this. It really isn't just ours.

Derby County were charging the same to meet and greet two of its players. My daughter would have got in for free because she plays for the girls' team but luckily she didn't want any part of it. I would suggest most clubs are also doing stupid shit like this. It really isn't just ours.
Yes but ours ‘seemed’ to think more of the fans. It doesn’t feel so much now?

Just because everyone else stinks, doesn’t mean we have to stink the place out too does it?

Just because everyone else stinks, doesn’t mean we have to stink the place out too does it?
Absolutely it does. Can’t have other clubs putting a massive dint in their debts by doing this if we don’t.

Club finances are weird.

Charging fans a tenner a go for signatures maybe makes what, £1000 in a day?
That must cover a player’s wages for what - about 35 minutes?

Somehow someone needs to find a way to limit what players are getting paid, properly. It’s destroying clubs everywhere.

Tbf, we have probably contributed a lot to destroying the wage market as what some of our lot/recent lot have been paid has been scandalous!

Dunno, Everton’s goal against Burnley yesterday was really quite special
True. But I still give ours the prize as the Burnley one only involved the keeper being a twat on his own while ours was more of a team effort.

Add in the Nunez one against the blades the other night & I think keepers should be having a word with themselves.

There's a reason you're in goal lads.

No, but common practice is common practice. In principle, you may not like it but this is a business and profitability has to play a role in that. There's a reason why nearly every single league club does shit like this; because it brings in cash. A lot of cash. Not necessarily in isolation but all these types of 'chargeable services' including having to be a member to buy tickets, are part and parcel of making the club sustainable.

I'm not saying it's hunky dory; it's not, it's shit but there are so many more clubs doing so many worse things to their fans whilst delivering far less than ours have over their tenure.

No, but common practice is common practice. In principle, you may not like it but this is a business and profitability has to play a role in that. There's a reason why nearly every single league club does shit like this; because it brings in cash. A lot of cash. Not necessarily in isolation but all these types of 'chargeable services' including having to be a member to buy tickets, are part and parcel of making the club sustainable.

I'm not saying it's hunky dory; it's not, it's shit but there are so many more clubs doing so many worse things to their fans whilst delivering far less than ours have over their tenure.
I see your point and at least partially agree.

I just find the (not isolated) concept of signing a shirt (or anything else for that matter) for a fee unpalatable. I have never heard that of a book signing or similar event outside of football where there is a charge for a signature/autograph.

I just find the (not isolated) concept of signing a shirt (or anything else for that matter) for a fee unpalatable. I have never heard that f a book signing or similar event outside of football where there is a charge for a signature/autograph.
I agree. It's ****ing horrible. But I don't think it's overtly being contemptuous of all fans, it's just playing the odds that some daft ****ers may choose to pay it.

I agree. It's ****ing horrible. But I don't think it's overtly being contemptuous of all fans, it's just playing the odds that some daft ****ers may choose to pay it.
But it’s not though is it generally? It’s targeting kids who then pressurise their parents to pay the fee when the fee shouldn’t exist.

It should be part of a broader plan by the club to onboard fans at an early age and build the fan base.

Not to extort money (generally) from those who can least afford it.

Listen to the Brentford podcast about f how they engage. Although I accept we are not the r worst to say the least but we can certainly learn a bit from what they are doing.

I just find the (not isolated) concept of signing a shirt (or anything else for that matter) for a fee unpalatable. I have never heard that of a book signing or similar event outside of football where there is a charge for a signature/autograph.
Horror movie actors are awful for it.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464