Post Match Leicester 2 Crystal Palace 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice win.

Obviously a bit of nerves after the penalty but i honestly felt we were in control for the majority of the game and restricted them to very little.

Lookman showing why he is worth signing as an option in the squad at least.

All in all, a pretty solid performance.

KDH is turning into a quality player and great for him to get his first PL goal and a beauty.

Lovely.

Soyuncu and Mendy superb.

Dewsbury-hall outstanding.

Looking at the table, top 6 is still a possibility with West Ham losing today.

Thought this was going to be a much tougher match for us, but we came through it pretty well.
Youri's challenge for their penalty was just so lazy it was ridiculous - but at least it gave Kasper something to do.

I doubt a top six finish is likely, but would enjoy finishing above Wolves to be the top Midlands side.

KDH is outstanding. Apparently I was 'fooled' by him earlier on in the season when I said he looked a class above.....

****ing wibble.
It was clear from day one that he had a huge amount of potential. His engine is phenomenal and his low centre of gravity makes him so difficult to deal with.

All of a sudden we have 8 solid defenders.

Thought Kasper was excellent.

We’re certainly not missing this seasons version of Ndidi.

Still unsure if Lookman is worth signing permanently, but right now he’s a better option on the left than Barnes.

It was ****ing freezing. ****s beside me left 10 minutes before HT and 20 minutes before FT. As usual.

Other than that, it was a great way to spend the afternoon.

It was clear from day one that he had a huge amount of potential. His engine is phenomenal and his low centre of gravity makes him so difficult to deal with.
His first couple of games in Europe had me doubting. Since then he’s been first name on the team sheet for me

I think Zaha is a very talented player but what an annoying ****.

How was that blatant shove on Maddison not a penalty. Sure, he was looking for it, but can you just shove a player in the back now. Outside the box that would have been a free-kick.

His first couple of games in Europe had me doubting. Since then he’s been first name on the team sheet for me

It took him way longer than that to adapt. He was very poor/average in his first ten or so appearances for us this season. Looked miles short of the required standard.

For me, he came of age in the home PL match with Liverpool. He was excellent and his confidence has just mushroomed since. He's now an excellent all round midfielder for us.

Soyuncu MOM for me. He was absolutely outstanding.

Must start on Thursday. Without a holding midfielder, it makes sense to go with three at the back and two in the middle of midfield.

Superb performances from Soyuncu, Lookman and Mendy

But simply ****ing outstanding performances from Maddison and KDH. ****ing wonderful

Big shout out to Brendan on this - with a weakened team we changed our whole approach, with a fantastic high press that we kept going from start to finish. It was exceptional

A big part of the press was Daka, but apart from the he was ****ing hopeless.

Tielemans challenge for the pen was ludicrous, and pretty much summed up his overall performance - slow, lazy and simply not good enough

Such a shame we ****ed up by not putting Mendy into the European squad - he’s looking the real deal. Good job we got him tied to that long contract, though……

Such a shame we ****ed up by not putting Mendy into the European squad

Easy to say that in hindsight, but who would we have left out?
At the time the squad had to be named, Mendy hadn't played for us all season. Ndidi and Soumare were fit, and ahead of Mendy in the pecking order. He couldn't have replaced Choudhury because of the home grown player rule.

We had lots of defensive injuries at the time, so we brought Justin and Fofana into the squad, to replace Bertrand and Benkovic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566