Post Match Leicester 2 Everton 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting interview with Rodgers. He clearly admitted that he’s got a release clause, but also implied it was too soon to be moving on.

He definitely hasn’t said categorically that he is not interested in leaving.

winning when not playing well eh?
That about sums it up. I'm visiting an Evertonian friend on Tuesday and I'm going to feel a little embarrassed. It seemed to me that Nacho had a look at what was on display and thought, "even I can do better than that". And then came on and proved himself correct.

But who cares? It's three points whether we deserved them or not.

Hurrah!

You can see why Rodgers is linked elsewhere. He’s taken two bang average performers in a Gray and Ihenacho and improved their games dramatically.

If BR even thinks about leaving for the Arse at this stage then he'll become the biggest **** in the history of this club, including that short arsed dim-witted Twat Dennis Wise.

If there's a hint of him wanting to leave then hopefully he goes tomorrow morning.

I hope to the sweet baby Jesus that what I've written above is as unnecessary as most of the bollocks that I write, however, this club is special and it deserves someone 100% commited to what we can become.

My ****ing heart can't take another season of this.

When did they get back from their Xmas piss up? Because most of them looked hungover. Soyuncu, Chilwell, Tielemans, Maddison, Perez and Barnes were not at their usual standard.

Somehow, BR has injected some life into Iheanacho. He came on and changed the game. He was exceptional.
Ricardo and Ndidi, ably supported by Evans, ran the game for us against an Everton side that are better than their league position. However, they did so much niggly fouling and time wasting that I was extra delighted to see them floored at the end. **** you scouse wankers.

The ref was inept. Soft as shite letting constant fouling and time wasting go on without any comment. Thank feck for VAR.

You could definitely take his comments of ' we joined 8 or 9 months ago' and 'the aim was to take us in to the top 6' as "I've done the job I was given'. However anyone who resigns from one club half way through a season, really shouldn't be resigning from their next contract less than half way through the following season unless they want a reputation.
It's a strange time in the premier league with Arsenal and Man Utd jobs being pretty much up for grabs and likely Everton by next week, with spurs having just been filled.
That said, Rodgers will be MENTAL if he derails a season that could be his biggest real achievement in football. Namely rebuilding the 'once in a lifetime' team and breaking the top 4 (maybe 3) with a group of youngsters.

Well done Kelechi. I hadn’t written him off this season and was championing him getting more opportunities from the bench, purely because he had a decent pre season and because Rodgers has a great knack of improving players rather than just signing them and throwing them on the scrap heap ala Mourinho. I’m so glad for him that he took his opportunity tonight.

Perez pissed me off today. Not only was he shite but I’m fed up of his diving, falling over, and whinging. Maddison wasn’t great either, and his set pieces were a joke. Barnes/Chilwell/Soyuncu were also noticeably poor.

You know what, I have a sneaky feeling Vardy is going to break his own record of scoring in consecutive games...

The dirtiest side down here for many a season. Cheating in every way. Got what they deserved. **** all.

Referee was appalling. Easily the worst in the League.

So pleased Ian came on and did so well. The players obviously love him to bits and recognise how good he can be.

Not at our best but I think Everton have to have a lot of the credit for that. They were solid and a threat on the counter. The substitutes were impactful for us. Ndidi was the star man IMO, but Nacho put in a great, much improved cameo tonight.

Was great to see us pinch the win after their dodgy time wasting and Yerry Mina's 'Rivaldo' impersonation...

****ing wonderful , Mr Rodgers

a) switching to two up front changed the game.
b) whatever you have done to Iheanacho, it is nothing short of a miracle

We were pretty poor
Everton were vile cheating bastards
Ricardo is ****ing amazing
Every touch, and every movement of Nacho’s was top drawer
The ref was a complete and utter ****wit

I hadn’t seen the linesman’s flag so went completely mental when the goal went in.
Then when the ref picked up the ball and pointed to the centre spot, I went even more mental than I thought humanly possible

Lovely stuff

I don't think Brendan is foolish enough to take the Arsenal job right now. Of all the traditional top 6 they are the weakest at the moment, and whoever takes the job is doomed to failure. Perhaps in the summer if they are willing to invest in a drastic rebuilding work, but even then I would think Leicester would be more attractive if we are in the Champions League.

I don't think Brendan is foolish enough to take the Arsenal job right now. Of all the traditional top 6 they are the weakest at the moment, and whoever takes the job is doomed to failure. Perhaps in the summer if they are willing to invest in a drastic rebuilding work, but even then I would think Leicester would be more attractive if we are in the Champions League.

Hopefully he's smart enough to look beyond tradition.

Traditionally being the manager of LCFC & being hunted by Arsenal would be a complete no-brainer BUT...the world is changing. Arsenal have been on the downgrade for a good few years now, they don't have the money Liverpool, Man C, Chelsea & Manure have. We've got the new training ground coming, a constantly improving infrastructure, possible stadium expansion & a board that will spend. Plus a fabulous chance of CL football next season.

Embrace the new order Brendan. Don't be a ****. Get us a top 3 finish & a deep run in the CL plus a cup in the cupboard & in 2 years time you can take your pick of much better jobs than ****ing Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757