Post Match Leicester 2 Everton 2

Could have won that, could have lost that, so I guess the draw is a fair result. Truth is that we're one of five shit teams in this league but somehow we're top of that mini league, which somehow gives me a little hope. If we can get something out of the Fulham and West Ham games, neither of whom will have anything to play for by the time we play them, maybe we can be delivered due to the shitness of those around us

Should have definitely lost that (other than the excellent chance we gave up on to go 3-1 up). If we'd put premier league safety above massaging Maddison's balls then we might be in the fight still. As it is, we will carress those balls and give him what he wants as long as he still leaves in the summer. We've been lucky to get 2 points from Leeds and Everton and fully deserve our relegation.

The board have to take full responsibility IMO. They can't have been ignorant to his sabotage for 18 or so months. They sat on all of this shit then changed at (almost) the most ridiculous time.
Absolutely. I think they bought into the whole " we can't possibly go down " nonsense. Complacency will be the death of you in any sphere of life.

Sadly, the corporate world (which football is now very much part of) is absolutely rife with it. Living off past glories & indulging in self satisfied back slapping is standard practice, even as the evidence all around screams of imminent disaster.

We are completely allergic to helping ourselves. There is no ruthless edge, only a twat wanting to do a pre planned celebration.

We gifted them the lead and then let the second shittest player on the pitch (after Barnes) score a simple, unchallenged goal.

Better teams, like the ones we’re about to face, playing without enormous pressure on their shoulders will punish us even further. We’ve gone for end to end chaos against Leeds and Everton and barely escaped from each one with a point. That’s about the summit of what we can manage I fear. We can’t do that against better teams because we’ll concede double figures and we can’t play backs to the wall because we’re a disorganised shambles capable of conceding goals in the blink of an eye.

All the results went our way this weekend and yet we still couldn’t capitalise. If we stay up it will solely be down to other teams being even worse than us. It’s ****ing grim to think about how bad another season in the Prem will be if we keep this up.

And of course, there is the utter ****ing lunacy that Iversen and Soyuncu watched us get ourselves into this position and would have definitely prevented things from getting quite so shit. You can add Vardy to that and all because he was clearly mismanaged. Five more points over the course of the season so far and we’d be as good as safe. It’s hard to argue that they wouldn’t have been good for that.

Maddison…. I’m lost for words. He can **** off and fail to get picked for England somewhere else. An individual’s ego should never ever trump the good of the team, no one can convince me otherwise that he wanted to score a goal for himself and himself only in that moment.

Jebus. Some of the ****ing hideousness on here this evening. I'm just about to drive back home and I'm bitterly disappointed but we've made sure that it's in our own hands now.

Look, it was a horrific penalty from Maddison but regardless of the complete bollocks being spouted, he was the best player on the pitch by an absolutely country mile in the first half. In the second, he was trying far too hard to make up for that penalty and it showed. At least he made a goal. Castagne gives away the world's most ****ing stupid penalty and plays pretty shit all game but doesn't get a tenth of the shit that Maddison does. The real truth of the matter is that Maddison is still more likely than not the best hope we have of staying up followed by Vardy, another player written off too soon. Maddison is a scapegoat for tonight but Soumare, Barnes, Thomas, Castagne and Daka were all pretty shit throughout and contributed pretty much nothing whatsoever.

Iversen was spectacularly good. The two CBs were decent and Vardy was great. Ndidi was taken off too early for me, especially given how utterly, utterly ****ing shit Daka is.

We are out the bottom four. I'll take that. These kinds of games are often scrappy, horrible affairs which makes them difficult so saying 'we can't beat Leeds or Everton so we are down' doesn't quite work. It may be easier, daft as it sounds, to play Fulham and West Ham, teams who don't need to scrap or play for anything. Even Newcastle might be a simpler game than our last two matches given they are pretty much already in the CL.

There's still points there and we have put our fate in our hands rather than those of our competitors.

Another nail in the coffin.

Madderz and Selby's fault if we go down.

Screenshot_20230501-223810.png

And change pants about 72 times.
If LCFC marketing were ‘on the ball’ they could make a killing in selling LCFC branded adult incontinence pants over the next couple of weeks. Premium products for season ticket holders could feature a representation of a former manager’s likeness on the inside of the gusset.

COYB - it ain't over yet...

I don't see why that's unfair. In some ways, it works to our advantage.

Probably be useful for us to have some extra incentive to try and win games IMO. Not convinced we'll try but it could help.

Chest, we played well given the circumstances.

Positives, Vardy is back, we are scoring games, we have fight back. And we are playing football.

Jebus. Some of the ****ing hideousness on here this evening. I'm just about to drive back home and I'm bitterly disappointed but we've made sure that it's in our own hands now.

Look, it was a horrific penalty from Maddison but regardless of the complete bollocks being spouted, he was the best player on the pitch by an absolutely country mile in the first half. In the second, he was trying far too hard to make up for that penalty and it showed. At least he made a goal. Castagne gives away the world's most ****ing stupid penalty and plays pretty shit all game but doesn't get a tenth of the shit that Maddison does. The real truth of the matter is that Maddison is still more likely than not the best hope we have of staying up followed by Vardy, another player written off too soon. Maddison is a scapegoat for tonight but Soumare, Barnes, Thomas, Castagne and Daka were all pretty shit throughout and contributed pretty much nothing whatsoever.

Iversen was spectacularly good. The two CBs were decent and Vardy was great. Ndidi was taken off too early for me, especially given how utterly, utterly ****ing shit Daka is.

We are out the bottom four. I'll take that. These kinds of games are often scrappy, horrible affairs which makes them difficult so saying 'we can't beat Leeds or Everton so we are down' doesn't quite work. It may be easier, daft as it sounds, to play Fulham and West Ham, teams who don't need to scrap or play for anything. Even Newcastle might be a simpler game than our last two matches given they are pretty much already in the CL.

There's still points there and we have put our fate in our hands rather than those of our

There's still points there and we have put our fate in our hands rather than those of our
We actually play before Forest and Everton next week with Leeds playing before but away at Man City.

What a chance to get at least 3 points ahead of them all.

Then we just have to match their remaining results.

And change pants about 72 times.
We just have to match everyone now and we’re ok.

On a positive note it’s still a thing of beauty to see Vardy score a goal and Iversen was incredible, even if his kicking is abysmal. We’ve probably got a no.1 there for the next few years.

We look much better without Dewsbury-Hall in the side and Soumare has found a patch of form where he actually resembles a professional footballer.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463