Post Match Leicester 2 Hull 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great show of character from the lads! Stupid red card but great 3 points.

Worth it.

Shame about Dyer being unable to finish and Pearson being unable to select the correct tactics and Beckford not being able to put in some pashun.

But apart from that it was worth it.

Told you we would win and superb performance holding on after going down to 10 as well as scoring to brilliant goals! Beckford & Dyer superb last 30 mins and everyone defended brilliantly.

5 points from the play-offs then.......

Beautiful goals from both Dyer and Marshall, thought we looked very threatening on the attack, definitely outplayed them on that front. Hull didn't have a cutting edge IMO, a benefit to us. Last 10-20 minutes was nerve-wracking, especially as Danns had been sent off, I don't think there was any more than 3 Leicester players in Hull's half for the last 15 minutes! Overall a great result! Let's string some results together and get into the play-offs :icon_wink

Told you we would win and superb performance holding on after going down to 10 as well as scoring to brilliant goals! Beckford & Dyer superb last 30 mins and everyone defended brilliantly.

5 points from the play-offs then.......

and a game in hand over Blackpool. That door just won't close on us.

Beckford has been a class act recently, I'm glad we persisted with him.

Agreed. Not sure why some people are expecting Pearson to ship him out in the summer; him and Nugent are gelling together beautifully.

With Dyer playing on form and Marshall looking more dangerous each week, we actually have the makings of a decent forward line. It's a shame that the defence part of our old good defence / crap forward line hasn't been maintained.

Good performance, particularly after going down to 10 men.

Plenty of energy and enthiasism. I think Dyer did really well and Bamba did well in midfield when he came on. Hopefully he'll get his chance there against Forest.

Both our goalscorers had great games. We seemed to defend a lot better in the second half too.

Really pleased with that!

Last edited:
and a game in hand over Blackpool. That door just won't close on us.

And what with Cardiff to lose or draw against Birmingham tomorrow it is still possible. Very, very close though as a loss today would have left us 14th but if we keep on winning......

Agreed. Not sure why some people are expecting Pearson to ship him out in the summer; him and Nugent are gelling together beautifully.

With Dyer playing on form and Marshall looking more dangerous each week, we actually have the makings of a decent forward line. It's a shame that the defence part of our old good defence / crap forward line hasn't been maintained.

The only reason I can see him going is if the owners try to balance the books. I doubt that will happen though. We really look as though we are going to go into next season with a very good front pair. I think Beckford has been excellent since December. How he set Dyer up today for his chance in the second half was a different class.

Much better performance in the second half from a defensive standpoint. We are a pretty good side at home.

Marshall is already an important part of the side for me. Hopefully he continues to improve, he looks a real talent.

And no matter what result between Birmingham and Bardiff, Blackpool still go outside of the play-offs!

They've sent me yet again scurrying to the fixture list to see just how many points we think might be possible.

Playing some poor teams the next 2 weeks...but we know how that has gone so far this season.

Ithas to be six wins from our next six. Forest, Doncaster, Ipswich, burnley etc. 18 points will see us in the playoffs just. A miniature version of the run that took us up under o'neill

They've sent me yet again scurrying to the fixture list to see just how many points we think might be possible.

Playing some poor teams the next 2 weeks...but we know how that has gone so far this season.

Indeed! 7 points from the last 9 against 3 very tough teams was a great return....now watch is gift Forest a lifeline.

Last edited:
I'm starting to believe it's possible again.... which is a dangerous thing.

Our home form is fantastic at the minute. Now no doubt Forest will come in and **** that up.

They're all banging on about refs on RL.... but it was unquestionably a red today. Someone said we've had 5 of our 9 red cards overturned this year - is that true? I think it's two... Our poor discipline/all our red cards have probably been a big part of our inconsistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669