Post Match Leicester 2 Hull 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason I can see him going is if the owners try to balance the books. I doubt that will happen though. We really look as though we are going to go into next season with a very good front pair. I think Beckford has been excellent since December. How he set Dyer up today for his chance in the second half was a different class.

Likewise his ball to put Drinkwater through was excellent.

I can't help but feel excited about next season already as I'm sure that NP will sort out the defence. Just a shame it will almost certainly end in disappointment.

I'm starting to believe it's possible again.... which is a dangerous thing.

What's dangerous about it? Surely believing in the team is part of the enjoyment of being a fan? Or have I got it wrong again?
Believing that it's possible is definitely the approach that the players should be using as well

What's dangerous about it? Surely believing in the team is part of the enjoyment of being a fan? Or have I got it wrong again?
Believing that it's possible is definitely the approach that the players should be using as well

I'm glad they've given me the hope.... but feel that it will get snatched away again.

I'm pessimistically optimistic...

Cracking game, cracking atmosphere and 2 cracking goals!

Marshall and Dyer both exceptional, as was Danns until his red card!

Dyer sensational, attitude fantastic despite going down to 10 men.

Morgan & St Ledger looked solid all day despite their pacey attack & felt for once Peltier dealt with the winger (Stewart) very well.

Bring on Forest!

Incidentally am I the only person who was surprised to here a lot of the fans complaining about the red card on the radio on the way home?

Looked a stone wall red to me, I thought the mistake the ref made was that he didn't send off the Hull player as well as Danns, as they both went in two footed, but no complaints about Danns' red.

Didn't see Danns challenge for the red card, so can't really comment.

However, I had a very good view of the two footed tackle on Dyer near the right hand touchline just before the sending off. I still can't understand why there was no card, or even a free-kick.

Last edited:
Incidentally am I the only person who was surprised to here a lot of the fans complaining about the red card on the radio on the way home?

No. And I'm not the only person who is surprised you got confused between 'here' and hear'.

NP in his post-match interview seemed to suggest that an appeal was unlikely. He said that he would consult with Andrew Neville and that a decision would be taken after the tackle had been viewed from all possible angles and after it was known what the referee had put about the incident in his report.

Proud of the performance today. Thought sending off was wrong at the time just seen the replay he had to go. Bernie made my day chatting up the two sorts promoting the lap dance club. " Hello ladies will you be at the forest game? " "forest forest aaaaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh"

Looked a stone wall red to me, I thought the mistake the ref made was that he didn't send off the Hull player as well as Danns, as they both went in two footed, but no complaints about Danns' red.

There were loads around me complaining about the red. It was obvious what was coming as soon as the challenge went in.

We've had a very good win today. No such thing as a bad win, of course, but given the circumstances we've done extremely well. I'm optimistic about things on the pitch at the minute. I can't see us quite making the play offs this season although looking at our upcoming fixtures we shouldn't be too hasty in ruling it out.

Either way I'm already looking forward to next season. We were 14th in the league when Eriksson left. If the season had begun on the day Pearson took the job we would be sitting 8th now at about the half way point of the season. Considering that this is after having inherited a squad which wasn't particularly suited to the way Pearson likes to set up I'd say that's pretty good progress. I've no reason to believe that given an entire preseason Nigel can't make the small improvements necessary to get us challenging for a top six place next time around. Or perhaps even the bigger improvements needed for something better.

Last edited:
There were loads around me complaining about the red. It was obvious what was coming as soon as the challenge went in.

We've had a very good win today. No such thing as a bad win, of course, but given the circumstances we've done extremely well. I'm optimistic about things on the pitch at the minute. I can't see us quite making the play offs this season although looking at our upcoming fixtures we shouldn't be too hasty in ruling it out.

Either way I'm already looking forward to next season. We were 14th in the league when Eriksson left. If the season had begun on the day Pearson took the job we would be sitting 8th now at about the half way point of the season. Considering that this is after having inherited a squad which wasn't particularly suited to the way Pearson likes to set up I'd say that's pretty good progress. I've no reason to believe that given an entire preseason Nigel can't make the small improvements necessary to get us challenging for a top six place next time around. Or perhaps even the bigger improvements needed for something better.

I think we are in a very strong position for next season. With the summer to sort out the defence ( a couple of signings maybe, but more importantly time to work as a unit in the way that Pearson wants them to play) we'll be doing more than just challenging for the top six. Personally I think we'll be top 4 team much like our first season back in the Championship. Hopefully we can find that little extra to push on and secure an automatic. I'm quietly confident for next season and I don't think we are a million miles off where we need to be.

Why have people already given up hope on this season? I sure as hell haven't, I know we're inconsistent but still, we're in with a decent chance..

Why have people already given up hope on this season? I sure as hell haven't, I know we're inconsistent but still, we're in with a decent chance..

If all our games were at home I'd be confident too! I just hope we can sort out that damn away form!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669