Post Match Leicester 2 Manchester United 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very frustrating for a long while, but extremely satisfying in the end. Merry Xmas everyone!

Pen against Man City in 4th min added time, equaliser against Man Utd 4th minute injury time - "Foxes Never Quit" is coming back in fashion! The energy lifted immediately that Okazaki came on - I believed we could get something out of the game until the stupid, stupid, stupid sending off. We rode our luck (with some diabolical finishing from Utd) and gave it a go right to the end. And Albrighton's cross for Harry was perfect, So :
"May all your days be Maguire and Albrighton, and may all your Christmass' be right on !"
Cheers everyone!

Schmeichel dismal again from a free kick. Him and Stowell are Laurel and Hardy if they believe his approach is correct.

Iborra dreadful. His legs were gone after Tuesday and shouldn't have been on the pitch if assessed correctly.

Amartey so stupid. Looked like he deliberately got sent off.

Gray garbage and greedy. Maguire's defending at corners extraordinarily bad. Smalling embarrassed him all night until the last kick where roles were reversed.

Who was any good? Morgan defended admirably. Ndidi was tremendous. Mahrez and Vardy were our threats throughout.

The ref lost it a bit but he wasn't as bad as the crowd made out.

Ultimately Man Utd were there for the taking tonight but we had too many players well below their best. If they are the second best team, this league is shit.

Congratulations to Vardy on 50 Premier League goals. An outstanding achievement.

We got dead lucky really, but I thought we played decent. The chances when we went down to ten men should have finished us.

A quick word on the first goal. ****ing hell that was brilliant football. Played it out of the back, Vardy lay off, superb long ball from Ndidi, Riyad at his laconic best and a great finish from Vardy. One of my favorites in a long time that.

One of my favorites in a long time that.

Ditto. Classic Leicester goal. An instance were Mahrez's nonchalance paid dividends. I'd love to know the thought process, if there was one, because his ducking beneath the ball bought the time he needed for a perfect lay off. We're used to his trickery with the ball at his feet but this was something else. Not sure if it was genius or just plain jammy.

Feck me, that took the feckin' roof off. Not been a celebration like that for ages

Magnificent stuff.

Mahrez was sensational tonight - he controlled everything in that second half. Just beautiful to watch when he plays like that. Apart from his horrible cheating dive, obviously

Ndidi was also very very good - his best game of the season by far

That shitfest from Amartey was so utterly pathetic it was untrue. What a shambles and spot on from the ref.
Once again the genuine worth and value of Danny Simpson is there for everyone to see.

All in all a thoroughly entertaining game from start to finish

In your face, you red scum bastards

Ditto. Classic Leicester goal. An instance were Mahrez's nonchalance paid dividends. I'd love to know the thought process, if there was one, because his ducking beneath the ball bought the time he needed for a perfect lay off. We're used to his trickery with the ball at his feet but this was something else. Not sure if it was genius or just plain jammy.
It was class

According to the BBC: "Three of the nine Premier League goals scored from direct free-kicks this season have been netted against Kasper Schmeichel."

That's because he's absolutely appalling at them.

Anyone defending him on this one needs their head checking. A free kick scored in that area of the goal is absolutely down to the keeper.

On a lighter note the euphoria when that equaliser went in was excellent, Christmas is saved!

I'll settle down with a nice single malt now in honour of our Harry.

According to the BBC: "Three of the nine Premier League goals scored from direct free-kicks this season have been netted against Kasper Schmeichel."

As soon as the ref blew for a foul, I knew it was in.

I guess the wall was in his direct view but it wasn't the greatest free kick.

I
It was a very good free kick imo and a foul we did not need to commit. Both goals were the result of our stupidity

Ultimately Man Utd were there for the taking tonight but we had too many players well below their best.

My thoughts exactly. In the end we were lucky not to get hammered as they were wasteful. I also think had we taken advantage of scoring first the game was there for the taking.

I really don't rate them.

My thoughts exactly. In the end we were lucky not to get hammered as they were wasteful. I also think had we taken advantage of scoring first the game was there for the taking.

I really don't rate them.

Yep, they are nowhere near good enough to win the league and their manager is stuck in the stone age.

Too much respect given to them based on a long gone top level reputation.

Get into them and they are as fragile as their pathetic manager

I think criticism of Schmeichel is harsh. I suppose criticism of the way in which the wall was set up (which he should control really) is understandable as this prevented him seeing the ball until it was too late but it was beautifully struck and at pace that makes it incredibly difficult for all but the very best keepers. Most keepers wouldn't have done much better given the wall and the strike. He should be credited for a fantastic save from Rashford in which it is clear he touched the ball. Moss did well to spot that.

I also don't get the criticism of Maguire's defending which has become a mantra for some. I agree that it was ****ing frustrating to see him and Fuchs give away a free kick between them in such a stupid place but he played very well throughout as he did against Manchester City. We weren't really troubled by set pieces tonight other than the free kick and cleared our lines pretty effectively. from most corners. He should also be given credit for constantly trying to get us moving forward quickly and effectively every time he gets the ball. Take the first goal; he could have smashed it clear but instead, with United players around him, he controlled the ball and looked for a pass out wide which he made to start the move. He also made some exceptional challenges as he does every single game, which kept us in it. In my opinion, we'd be in a far, far worse position if we hadn't had him playing this season.

Ndidi, who I have been critical of, was exceptional tonight and ran the midfield brilliantly. Iborra was a nightmare and looked lost, giving the ball away time after time. I also thought Vardy and Mahrez were excellent despite Mahrez's comedy dive which he was rightfully booked for. I think Morgan was exceptional even when he was clearly knackered towards the end and Fuchs was pretty solid throughout as well.

Gray was good at times and ineffective at others. He did run at them well and looked to push forward and break at pace but his end product was often poor.

As for Amartey, what a shitfest of a cameo that was.

So, taking the last few weeks postings from some folk as a guide, according to TB, Manchester City are 'shite' and Manchester United are also rubbish and easy to beat but Crystal Palace are a good side and Southampton are a difficult side to beat.

**** me, football really is a funny old game isn't it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669