Post Match Leicester 2 Middlesbrough 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What game did you watch?? He didn't give the ball away at all and looked very assured on the ball. We looked a completely different team after the double substitution. Well done Nige for being brave and going for it!

Except on the edge of our area that led to a free kick they scored from....

Still, looks a good player to me.

We seem to be putting together a decent team. The performance seemed to change when the first two substitutions were made. Drinkwater and Delfouneso made a big difference and the change to 433 showed a willingness to adapt to the circumstances.

The stats show Middlesbrough had more shots and more possession in the game than we did.

From the time I watched from there was probably no more than 5 shots, we hammered them last half hour. The stats show they had more possession shots, but from what I've been reading, they had he majority of those stats in the first half

Would you start with Drinkwater instead of Wellens? Not sure if he has done enough yet, but how about Delfouneso, Danns, Drinkwater and Marshall across the middle?

Not sure I would just yet. That said, he seems to be a similar player in terms of what they offer, with youth vs experience being the obvious exception.

I'd be loath to really change the side much while results are still positive.

In time, I suspect he will be preferred.

Last edited:
Pearson totally destroying the ref on the radio. Fantastic Nigel!

Nige says the issue with the ref was the ref came into the dressing room and interrupted Nige mid sentence when he was giving his team talk.

He says he's not spoken to the ref after the game as he wouldn't lower himself to it.

Can take a lot of plusses from that game. Coming back from a late goal and very nearly stealing it at the end...although it would have been no theft at all and thoroughly deserved.

Beckford was an absolute class act tonight and I can't believe how calmly he slotted that ball home despite being a matter of inches from the by line. He looked every bit a premier league striker tonight and has been in great form since Christmas. Certainly player of the month for me.

Avoiding defeat tonight so late on keeps the momentum going and keeps our hopes of play offs alive. Had we lost I think our confidence would have took a huge knock and I think it would have been season over. We keep the play off dream alive a little longer at least.

Nige makes a good point.... if he wants to talk to the ref, he has to go knock and be invited in. So why is the ref barging in without knocking?

If that's what happened, I think it's fair enough/

Nige says the issue with the ref was the ref came into the dressing room and interrupted Nige mid sentence when he was giving his team talk.

He says he's not spoken to the ref after the game as he wouldn't lower himself to it.
If that was the case, the ref was a obnoxious twat and deserved to be told to butt out.

Why would the ref go into the changing room at all? Is that normal practice?
Apparently it was to tell the players how he wanted them to conduct themselves in the second half.

I would leave the team as it was at the start. Boro were exceptional first half although we were a bit slow which helped them look better than they probably are.

Our work rate was very good particularly second half and when both of your strikers score you have to be happy.

A lot of teams would have lost to boro tonight and I thought the point overall was about right although we perhaps just shaded it.

I thought konchesky was very good but dyer on the opposite flank floats in and out of games too much for my liking.

A special mention for beckford who's overall performane over the ninety minutes was about as good a strikers performance I can remember over the past five or so years.

Summing up we should be pleased with the point but more so the performance.

The ref was attrocious.

Maybe the ref's a peeping tom.

Do not interupt Nigel Stringer else he will not be happy.

The Referee came into Citys dressing room and interupted Nigel as he was giving his half time teamtalk.
Then the Ref said he had to go to the stands.

Strange

Last edited:
I also liked the fact that Nigel referred to stringer as 'lad'! It made Stringer sound like a little boy!

Why would the ref go into the changing room at all? Is that normal practice?

I don't think so... seems unusual. For one, I doubt they'd usually want to speak to the manager surrounded by the players and other staff. I'd suspect they usually knock and ask to speak to the manager (although I'm just speculating).

Stringer said they'll try and get the ref on air.... I thought refs weren't allowed to be interviewed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669