Post Match Leicester 2 Middlesbrough 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was genuinely getting angry by the fifth time he lumped it straight back to them. Take a touch, and lay it off. Stop trying a 50 yard diagonal pass, as you can't do them.

Well that game got my emotions running. Appalling referee. Absolute tosser.

Interesting to hear why NP was sent off. The team were very late coming out for the second half so I assume the ref went to the dressing room to tell them to get a move on and NP told him to f.off. It really depends how you look at it. Does NP have the right to hold up the second half? I don't think so.

The refs control of the game, and understanding of the tactics being used by Boro was shambolic. He was also not helped by a couple a right knobs with the flags.

As for us, Beckford was excellent. I thought Mills, Gallagher and Dyer were poor. Drinkwater looks a decent player although the one time he gave it away cost us. Hopefully the spirit amongst the players was built further tonight and if so, we won't get beaten often between now and the end of the season.

I learnt five things tonight:

1 - The 'Foxes never quit' attitude made a reappearance.
2 - Beckford has turned the corner and now surely has most of the support on his side rather than on his back.
3 - The crowd *can* make a difference - just wish they would do it sooner.
4 - Boc must have molten lava flowing through his veins.
5 - Notts looks less like BG as time goes by :icon_wink

Oh, and a sixth, Gavin Ward was an OK goalie but an appalling waste of oxygen as a ref.

Strange game. Looked dreadful first half, but very good second half.

Beckford absolutely fantastic throughout. Danns relentless all game as well. Drinkwater speeded up the game so much I thought. As soon as he gets the ball he plays it then looks for space, it's all pass and move, pass and move. It's the opposite to Wellens' constantly slowing the game down and I think he looks exactly the player we need.

Mills, Gallagher and St. Ledger all had stinkers. I would have said Nugent as well, if he hadn't scored, after his goal he was constantly giving away possession.

Ref's performance has already been dwelt on.

I do like that new chant the fans were singing, an actual song supporting the team instead of saying how shit Nottingham is and it got the fans all on their feet and increased the atmosphere greatly. Hope they sing it a lot more often.

Last edited:
I do like that new chant the fans were singing, an actual song supporting the team instead of saying how shit Nottingham is and it got the fans all on their feet and increased the atmosphere greatly. Hope they sing it a lot more often.

What was it?

It's the same one the Palace fans do and the one we were signing at Soton for about the last 20 mins which you could hear quite clearly if that actually helps?

Really does create a good atmosphere though and it definitely played it's part in getting us back in the game. Said it years ago as well they should give out free scarves!!

EDIT

Skip to 1 min.

Last edited by a moderator:
0,,10274~10445372,00.jpg

Referee to his assistant *Do you think it is safe to go in yet"
his assistant says "I'm not sure but he looks like one angry bastard"

Nigel aka "The Hulk" "don't make me angry, you wont like me when I'm angry"

Last edited:
Anyone have a good view of the elbow before half time? Too far away for me to see but my mates who were watching it online said it should have been a sending off.

Only a short time before the incident, Jutkiewicz had fouled St Ledger and then argued with the ref that the free-kick should have been given the other way. The next time the two players came together the Boro player deliberately elbowed St Ledger; it was a clear red card yard offence. Although the ref gave a free-kick and talked to Jutkiewicz at some length, there was no card of any colour. It was just one of more than several unfathomable decisions by a very poor ref.

And can the Gallagher fans please come on and tell me how he is the most gifted player we have one more time, if you don't mind.
His performance was abject in the extreme. An embarrassing wanker of a player in every way. Hopefully will not be seen again this season, because the man is a complete joke.

Finally someone with good eyesight, gally is a total imposter, this 'Hes technically brilliant' bollocks is absolute shite.

He was utter garbage all night, as usual. Total 1 in 10 man.

Linesman was very weak there, he should have definitely should have made some sort of comment to the referee.

That was until Boro gifted Leicester an equaliser when McMahon's weak back pass forced Lee Steele out of his goal to clear and his poor attempted clearance hit Beckford and bounced goalwards, enabling the Leicester striker to level with a simple tap-in

BBC report here makes Becks goal sound nothing like what happened.
I thought he took it very well

...Gavin Ward was an OK goalie but an appalling waste of oxygen as a ref.

Not the first time we've had him here. He did the PNE game last season, booking Wayne Brown (by then a PNE player) and Matt Oakley (who only came on as sub in the 89th minute).

I've just checked his stats and he has not had a card-free game since October 2010 - 47 consecutive games in which he has not kept his cards in his pocket - 153 Yellow and 8 Red in these games.

Respect the ref? You're having a laugh!

From the TV pictures it didn't look deliberate, it looked like there was hardly any contact and SSL was trying to get him sent off.

It looked deliberate to me and it wasn't the first time he'd been throwing his elbows around

From the TV pictures it didn't look deliberate, it looked like there was hardly any contact and SSL was trying to get him sent off.

It looked very much like a retaliation for what had gone on moments before.

BBC report here makes Becks goal sound nothing like what happened.
I thought he took it very well

For those that did not see it, that 'simple tap-in' was 5 yards along the goal-line, through an 18 inch gap between the goalie and the post.

Beckford (formerly known by me as lazy git), was immense tonight. Unlucky not to get a hat-trick. Dangerous every time he got in the penalty area.

Well that game got my emotions running. Appalling referee. Absolute tosser.

Interesting to hear why NP was sent off. The team were very late coming out for the second half so I assume the ref went to the dressing room to tell them to get a move on and NP told him to f.off. It really depends how you look at it. Does NP have the right to hold up the second half? I don't think so.

The refs control of the game, and understanding of the tactics being used by Boro was shambolic. He was also not helped by a couple a right knobs with the flags.

As for us, Beckford was excellent. I thought Mills, Gallagher and Dyer were poor. Drinkwater looks a decent player although the one time he gave it away cost us. Hopefully the spirit amongst the players was built further tonight and if so, we won't get beaten often between now and the end of the season.

Could be the case, although I think Pearson being sent to the stands may have caused the hold up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669